• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Daily worship.

Baydwin

If you're comfortable explaining it, I'd be delighted if people could tell me about the ways in which they worship their deities on a daily or routine basis.
I.e. do you have a shrine, what form does the worship take? Do you go to Church/Mosque/Synagogue daily or weekly? etc...

Any daily rituals or practices you may have really, and I'd like everybody to answer if they wish, no matter how obscure or unique you feel your beliefs may be.

:)

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I'm not very good at worship everyday, in fact, I'm quite bad at it. :D

However, every day I will:

Meditate - usually in silence, sometimes with a mantra to focus my mind
Light an incense stick in the room I meditate in
Read religious scriptures
I'll additionally use some time post meditation to think about where I am spiritually

These exclude things like doing selfless acts, which I try to do every day. :)

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I'm not too good at the discipline of daily worship - at least not in the formal sense of the word.

I do pray and thank God throughout the day - kinda like an open line of communication. If I am meeting with a difficult customer, I will ask God for wisdom and the right words in the situation. Often when I wake up in the morning, I lay there for a few minutes and thank God for the gift of life, for the smell of coffee, and the warm tangle of sheets, and the steady breathing of my dear husband next to me. Through the day, thoughts of my children and the precious faces of my grandchildren cross my mind, and I thank God for their existance in this strange, wild world. If I am struggling with something, I'll tell God about it and ask Him to guide me.

I go to church on Sundays and I enjoy gathering with other believers. I love lifting my voice to the rafters when we sing a favorite hymn - it makes me feel the fellowship of other believers, with me, before me, and after me. Most of all I love holy Communion - the fellowship of the saints. I love the ancient ritual. It reminds me of an eternal connection, not only with Jesus, but with the first Christians, and with Christians all over the world.

I love the liturgical year and the traditions that are shared the world over, and across time and space. Lent, ordinary time, Advent, Holy Week - cool stuff.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
I pray daily. Sometimes it is to one particular Deity and sometimes to more than one. I also burn incense when I go to sleep. Some of the incenses I use were picked because their scents are pleasing to my Deities. I also perform rituals, although I don't get to do this nearly enough. Those are very elaborate and magickal. :)

Mr Cheese

I say thank you, daily....
Often I pray....

I am exploring various meditations at the moment.... I am currently strongly drawn toward Kabbalah, and shall be exploring various guided meditations and techniques

I beleive it is wrong to do things by rote as it is too easy to give devotion to the ritual and not the divine.

Last edited:

Wannabe Yogi

If you're comfortable explaining it, I'd be delighted if people could tell me about the ways in which they worship their deities on a daily or routine basis.
I.e. do you have a shrine, what form does the worship take? Do you go to Church/Mosque/Synagogue daily or weekly? etc...

Any daily rituals or practices you may have really, and I'd like everybody to answer if they wish, no matter how obscure or unique you feel your beliefs may be.

Many Hindu's don't like to tell others what they do for daily worship. To us it is like telling some one how your wife likes to have sex only it's even more personal then that. I will tell you what someone I know has done in the past.

They have a Hindu temple In their home. He gets up before the sun comes up. Take a bath while the chant the Hindu scriptures. Then they do a ritual called a Puja they offer flowers, lights, incense, food and water ect. To the Divine Mother that is seen as the Cosmos Herself. This takes about an hour. Then they do Japa ( repeat the name of God ) and Meditate for 45 mins.

Around noon they offer incense and meditate for 20 mins

At sundown take a bath, then offer incense chant scriptures and meditate for an hour.

Once a week he spent a few hours volunteering. Takes a scripture class at a Hindu Temple .

Last edited:

Wannabe Yogi

In my sect of Hinduism we say this prayer every time we eat.

Brahmarpanam Brahma Havir
Brahmagnau Brahmana Hutam
Brahmaiva Tena Ghantavyam
Brahmakarma Samadhinaha.

Bhagavad Gita, Chapter IV, verse 24

OR in English.

The act of offering is God, the oblation is God
By God it is offered into the Fire of God
God is That which is to be attained by him
who sees God in all.

This is what the prayer means when we eat.

I see eating as a offering to God, the oblation in this case is food . The fire or our hunger is God. When we realize that all is God we will find our complete union with Her and transend all pain. We can then have perfect love for all beings. This is one of the goals of Hinduism. Not after we die. Right in the here and now.

Last edited:

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
When I was more strictly religious my daily 'worship' consisted of gayatri meditation in the morning and evening, Japa (similar to Catholic rosary concept), offering food to the deities and occasionally prayer songs and scripture reading in our temple room.

dust1n

Zindīq
This is definitely not traditional, but a nihilist/atheist/anarchist/humanist, I actively participate with a search of truth and a constant self reflection. Meaning, in all I do, I try to better understand or take the most out of something mentally. Kinda of like constant contemplation. I view my experiences in the world all capable of producing knowledge through experience, so I try to stay focused on my experience. Also, I read books.

emiliano

I start my day by reading (reciting) Psalm 25, followed by the divine Chaplet, Then Psalm 121

horiturk

Assyrian Devil
i meditate,try to live life fully,try to enjoy nature,share love with people and animals and try to help and be good to my fellow man.every once in a while i will pray,but without expecting to get an answer

Renji

I try to go to the church every Sunday. I also go to church whenever I have free time. When I can't go to church, I pray.

blackout

Violet.
I Breathe Deeply.

I reach in to Live, See, Hear and Touch, Artfully.

Usually once or twice a week
I will do something to Shape MySelf
in a Magical Nature/Set'ting.
Just as I'm inspired.

Could be Tarot Readings,
Creative Writing/'Spelling'
Meditation in UV light,
In'vocation and In'itiation,
or Black and Colored Candles
to alter/altar
in ritual of symbolic significance.

Some weeks I become very motivated
to learn new cover tunes.
For me this is a kind of art,
and the primary way
in which I am now trying to "Shape" or "Cast"
a new life for mySelf,
and my children.

WerShape for me,
is "Shaping mySelf to Something of Worth, to Me"

But I am LHP, so.....

Last edited:
I generally open myself to the Scriptures, 'Lectio Divina' style.

I sing two hymns each day, as well as pray in the morning and before bed. :)

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish

There is a rite in the Kemetic Orthodox faith called the rite of Senut, which is intended to be a daily rite, but many are not faithful to it, and indeed some do not even feel led to practice it. It doesn't make one a bad Kemetic, but it is suggested. The rite of Senut is based on an ancient daily rite practiced in ancient Egypt, and they were required to perform it four times a day. As it stands the laypersons only perform it once a day, if desired. In Buddhism meditation daily is suggested, but again, this varies.

I try to remember GOD for just a moment of time when the sunrises and when the sun sets. And in the middle of the night when the stars are bright, I look at the heavens and ponder the glory of the creation.

As an unenrolled renegade Baha'i, I wake up in the early morning at Dawn and do my Obligatory Prayer, and then I recite "Alláh'u'Abhá" which means "God is Most Splendid" or "God is Most Glorious" 95 times. And then I recite some prayers and read a portion of Baha'u'llah's Writings.

In the evening, I read a portion of Baha'u'llah's Writings, and at least one prayer before bedtime.