• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Daily philosophy

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
"Exchange gifts, and mutual love arises; shake hands, and enmity will fall away" Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
"I cannot love anyone if I hate myself. That is the reason why we feel so extremely uncomfortable in the presence of people who are noted for their special virtuousness, for they radiate an atmosphere of the torture they inflict on themselves. That is not a virtue but a vice."

- Carl Jung

doppelganger

“I have always taken as the standard of the mode of teaching and writing, not the abstract, particular, professional philosopher, but universal man, that I have regarded man as the criterion of truth, and not this or that founder of a system, and have from the first placed the highest excellence of the philosopher in this, that he abstains, both as a man and as an author, from the ostentation of philosophy, i.e., that he is a philosopher only in reality, not formally, that he is a quiet philosopher, not a loud and still less a brawling one.”

- Ludwig Feuerbach

doppelganger

“If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us”

- Herman Hesse

doppelganger

Who understands does not preach;
Who preaches does not understand.

Reserve your judgments and words;
Smooth differences and forgive disagreements;
Dull your wit and simplify your purpose;
Accept the world.

Then,
Friendship and enmity,
Profit and loss,
Honour and disgrace,
Will not affect you;
The world will accept you.

- Lao Tzu

doppelganger

"You can find in a text whatever you bring, if you will stand between it and the mirror of your imagination. You may not see your ears, but they will be there."

- Mark Twain

doppelganger

"In the information age, you don't teach philosophy as they did after feudalism. You perform it. If Aristotle were alive today he'd have a talk show."

- Timothy Leary

Tigress

Working-Class W*nch.
"Forget the instructions, just randomly press buttons until you hit the right one." - Me

"The truly clever person knows how to make it appear as though he knows what he's doing, even when he doesn't." - Me

"When in doubt, f---- it." - John Lennon

"The two rules of procrastination: 1) Do it today. 2) Tomorrow will be 'today' tomorrow." - Author Unknown

"Everything in moderation--including moderation." - Oscar Wilde

I could list many, many more, but you'll have to be satisfied with these. :D

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
When someone transgresses upon your rights (and in doing so disobeys Allah) the way to 'revenge' is to obey Allah in dealing with him. (use reason/rules instead of anger)

The commander of faithfuls Umar bin Khattab

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
"Or think you that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, 'When (will come) the Help of Allah?' Yes! Certainly, the Help of Allah is near!" (Quran 2:214)

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
"Truly in the heart there is a void that can not be removed except with the company of Allah. And in it there is a sadness that can not be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him. And in it there is an emptiness that can not be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness."
- Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyya

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
"There is no veil between a slave and Allah except (the curtain of) his own negligence."
From Shah Ismail Shaheed's Taqwiat ul Iman (Strengthening of the Faith.) Pp. 90. Dar-us-Salam Publications.

AbdelHalim

He Who created the seven heavens one above another: No want of proportion wilt thou see in the Creation of (Allah) Most Gracious. So turn thy vision again: seest thou any flaw? Quran 67:3
Again turn thy vision a second time: (thy) vision will come back to thee dull and discomfited, in a state worn out. Quran 67:4
O company of jinn and mankind, if you are able to pass beyond the regions of the heavens and the earth, then pass. You will not pass except by authority [from Allah]. Quran 55:33
So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny? Quran 55:34
O men! Here is a parable set forth! listen to it! Those on whom, besides Allah, ye call, cannot create (even) a fly, if they all met together for the purpose! and if the fly should snatch away anything from them, they would have no power to release it from the fly. Feeble are those who petition and those whom they petition! Quran 22:73