• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Daily LDS Wisdom

DeepShadow

White Crow
Gems from the Teachings of Church Leaders
The Family Is the Most Sacred of All Relationships
---------------------------------------------------

"The family is a creation of the Almighty. It represents the most sacred of all relationships. It represents the most serious of all undertakings. It is the fundamental organization of society.

"Through the revelations of God to His Prophet came the doctrine and authority under which families are sealed together not only for this life but for all eternity."

Topics: family, sealings, revelation, eternal life

( Gordon B. Hinckley, "The Great Things Which God Has Revealed," Ensign, May 2005, 82)

DeepShadow

White Crow
"We Love You and Pray for You"

"Through times good and bad, the Lord expects each of us to endure to the end. As we all go forward together in His sacred work, the Brethren realize the importance of your thoughtful consideration, so lovingly offered and gratefully received. We love you and pray for you, as you pray for us."

Topics: love, prayer

( Russell M. Nelson, "Jesus Christ--the Master Healer," Ensign, Nov. 2005, 85)

DeepShadow

White Crow
President James E. Faust on the Divine Calling of Parents

"The Lord has directed, 'Bring up your children in light and truth.' To me, there is no more important human effort. Being a father or a mother is not only a great challenge; it is a divine calling. It is an effort requiring consecration. President David O. McKay (1873-1970) stated that being parents is 'the greatest trust that has been given to human beings.' "

( "A Thousand Threads of Love," Ensign, Oct. 2005, 3)

DeepShadow

White Crow
Acquiring Meekness

"Meekness is vital to becoming more Christlike. Without it one cannot develop other important virtues. . . . Acquiring meekness is a process. . . More meekness does not translate to weakness, but 'it is the presentation of self in a posture of kindness and gentleness. It reflects certitude, strength, serenity; it reflects a healthy self-esteem and a genuine self-control' (Neal A. Maxwell, "Meekly Drenched in destiny," in Brigham Young University 1982-83 Fireside and evotional Speeches [1983], 2). More meekness will allow us to be utored by the Spirit."

Topics: meekness, self-esteem, self-control

( H. David Burton, "More Holiness Give Me," Ensign, Nov. 2004, 99)

DeepShadow

White Crow
Refined through Adversity

Joseph Smith
Nauvoo, Illinois
May 21, 1843

"I am like a huge, rough stone rolling down from a high mountain; and the only polishing I get is when some corner gets rubbed off by coming in contact with something else, striking with accelerated force against religious bigotry, priestcraft, lawyer-craft, doctor-craft, lying editors, suborned judges and jurors, and the authority of perjured executives, backed by mobs, blasphemers, licentious and corrupt men and women--all hell knocking off a corner here and a corner there. Thus I will become a smooth and polished shaft in the quiver of the Almighty, who will give me dominion over all and every one of them, when their refuge of lies shall fail, and their hiding place shall be destroyed, while these smooth-polished stones with which I come in contact become marred."

Topic: Adversity

( History of the Church, 5:401)

DeepShadow

White Crow
We Must Desire to Know Our Heavenly Father and His Son

"Our Heavenly Father never gives up on us. . . . But we must have the desire to open the door, even if it shakes the very foundation of our past beliefs and way of life. . . . Our Father in Heaven will never take away our agency. We must seek after or desire to know our Father and His Son, Jesus Christ."

Topics: agency, repentance, prayer

( Elder Ronald T. Halverson, "I Stand at the Door, and Knock," Ensign, November 2004, 32.)

DeepShadow

White Crow
Staying on the Course toward Our Eternal Home

"Don't become weary in doing good. If we are patient, we can experience the change of heart we seek. For most of us this will require only a slight change of course, sending us toward true north. The adjustments we must make are in those 'small things,' but that does not mean they are easy. Too many forces are confusing our compass. But the pull to the polar star is one we recognize. It is the direction toward
home."

Topics: obedience, commitment, guidance

( Sister Kathleen H. Hughes, "Out of Small Things," Ensign, November 2004, 111)