• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Daily Druidic Wisdom

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Every day, I will post three Druidic Triads.

To start off:

Three Persons Who Never Meet With Success: He who marries by the cousel of his flesh, he who eats by the cousel of his hunger, and he who fights by the counsel of his anger.

There are three people accursed: they who work against the Laws of Nature without concern, they who know nothing of the Gods and do not seek to learn, and they who know much and do not share their knowledge with any other.

Three duties of an excellent person: to cherish their mate and children, to love nature, and to always provide compassion.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Very Good, Druidus, except that I am having trouble with "he who eats by the cousel of his hunger"; care to enlighten me?:)

DeepShadow

White Crow
Druidus, I'd like to know a little more about "druidic triads." These aphorisms sound a lot like the kind in Mercedes Lackey's song, "Threes." I hope I'm not insulting you by comparing her fictional works to your real-life religion, but I always loved the song and would like to hear a little about the role these three-part aphorisms play in your religion. Perhaps they were the inspiration for her song?

Examples from "Threes:"

"Three things are most perilous: the shape who walks behind
The ice that will not hold you and the spy you cannot find."

"Of three things be wary, of a feather on a cat
A shepherd eating mutton and a guardsman who is fat."

As for 'eating by the counsel of your hunger,' I'd assume that means either eating based on flavor rather than nutrition or appetite rather than real need. Or both together, as they both contribute to eating disorders.