• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dabru Emet: A Jewish Statement on Christians and Christianity

pearl

I will be the first to say that the Christians Scriptures are not kind to us Jews and that 2000 years of persecution were based on these scriptures. However, I'm not going to knock the current trend by the churches to soften these scriptures any more than I would not the Oral Torah softening the Torah.

And the reason for the implementation of #4 of Nostra Aetate

Notes on the correct way to Present the Jews and Judaism in Preaching and Catechesis of the Roman Catholic Church.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
For Catholics the Eucharist is the 'source and summit' of Christian life.
The Eucharistic Prayers make clear that these prayers are offered, not to Christ, but to the Father. It is worship offered to the Father by Christ as it was at the moment of his passion, death and resurrection, but now it is offered through the priest acting in the person of Christ, and it is offered as well by all of the baptized, who are part of Christ's Body, the Church. This is the action of Christ's Body, the Church at Mass.
The thanksgiving (expressed especially in the Preface), in which the Priest, in the name of the whole of the holy people, glorifies God the Father and gives thanks to him for the whole work of salvation.

The concluding doxology, by which the glorification of God is expressed and which is affirmed and concluded by the people's acclamation "Amen." '

'to the Father, through the Son, in the Holy Spirit'
I think you are the first Catholic, indeed the first Christian, who has said he doesn't worship Jesus, even though he believes that Jesus is God the Son.