• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Da'ath

Ðanisty

I've read a little bit about Da'ath, but I'd like to understand it better. Here are some quotes I've read that really interest me:

"Unlike the sephirah which represent states of mind rather than static placements, and the paths of lessons learned to move from one sephirah or concept to another, Da'ath is not represented upon the Qabalah tree. It is placed below the three supernal sephirah - Kether (the crown), Binah (+) and Chokmah (-). The polarities of positive and negative alternate up and down the tree and cause the energies to circulate as the universal input is pulled downward through the tree supernal sephirah to Da'ath. In this void between the higher and the lower the hither to formless energy of the universe takes on material shape by crystallization. Here is the highest point of the human mind: the home of the brainstorm or creative energy that is brought into manifestation on the earthly plain. As the sand passes through the narrow center of the hour glass, so does knowledge incoming from the universe pass into our consciousness in the machinery of Da'ath. Here is the ultimate home of intuitive knowledge from which all concepts stem.

"When working with the tree either to call down the greater knowledge of the superhuman universe and its infinite organization, or to bring our self up the tree from the lower sephirah for spiritual upliftment and higher perspective, all energy must pass through Da'ath on its way into matter or disintegration into the hypertext of the universe. Thus the term mysterious knowledge is given to Da'ath where wisdom (Chokmah) is combined with understanding (Binah) and melded to the material level through the influence of Tiphareth (sixth sephirah: balanced harmony), which pervades one's soul with the concealed light of illumination of consciousness."

"When Malkuth ['Kingdom'] 'fell' out of the Garden of Eden it left behind a 'hole' in the fabric of the Tree, and this 'hole', located in the centre of the Abyss, is called Da'ath, or Knowledge. Da'ath is not a sephira; it is a hole."

"Da'ath has a dual aspect; on one hand it is our knowledge of the world of appearance, the body of facts which constitute our beliefs and prop up the illusion of identity and ego and separateness. On the other hand it is revelation, objective knowledge, what is often referred to as gnosis. The transition between the knowledge of the world of appearance and revelation entails the experience of the abyss, the abolition of the sense of ego, the negation of identity. From within the abyss any identity is possible. It is chaos, unformed. It contains, as it were, the seeds of identity. It is from this point that an infinity of gates open, each one a gateway to a mode of being. These are what Nathan is referring to as the "Gates of Knowledge."

I know that some here feel that nobody on this forum can explain the Kabbalah, but I'd like anyone with some understanding to take a stab at it. What is the importance of Da'ath? What is the purpose of Da'ath? Is Da'ath, as some people have said, a gateway to the Qlippoth? Why is it so important to exclude Da'ath as a Sephirah?

The second quote in particular interests me. If Malkuth (Kingdom) fell out of the Garden of Eden, where did it fall to? What caused this? Why would knowledge be the hole? It seems as though knowledge was what was left after the Kingdom fell...the remnants, so to speak?

Nehustan

To give you a perspective from the Templar (I'm guessing you may know the OTO already), Daath represents 'the dead head' or 'Caput Mortuum' which was considered indicative of the stage before the alchemist gained the Philosopher's stone (No I'm not talking about Harry Potter!!!!). This is thought to be represented by the symbol of the 'Skull and Bones' which was also used at the flag of the fleet of the Templar, as well as indicative of Grand Masters, continued today as a symbol of masonry. It can be thought of as an invisible sphere lying over the abyss on the journey upon the pillar of mildness toward reclaiming the crown (kether) of Adam Kadmon.

Skull_Crossbones.gif

(Post script: it is often heard that the Yale secret fraternity, 'Skull & Bones' (i.e. Bush etc) is called 'The Brotherhood of Death'. It is of course 'The Brotherhood of Daath')​

Yid613

Daas (Knowledge) is the synthesis of Chokhmah (Wisdom) and Binah (Understanding). However these English titles are misleading. Better ones would be Concept (Chokhmah) and Details (Binah).

Chokhmah is the seed of the idea. It contains the complete concept but as a single item. Binah takes this and expands out the needed details. The man provides the seed. It contains all that is needed. The woman uses the seed to create the child.

To teach a concept the details must be formed at a level that the student can understand. It then can be clothed in language and imparted to the student. The student can then reconstruct the concept bit by bit at rate determined by their ability. The ability of a teacher to do this demonstrates true knowledge.

Daas is also a reflection of Keter (Crown, what is above). As the intellect (Chokhmah, Binah, Daas) is finite and what is above is “without end” (Ein Sof) it is only a dim reflection. Our knowledge of the above is limited. As it only a reflection of Keter it is only included when Keter is not.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Em hotep Danisty,
I have studied Hermetic Qabalah with a teacher, maybe I can help you.
Daath is a highly complex subject and not one to be explained easily.

After the separation / fall of the Tree of Life, an Abyss cracks open in the Universe and the divine level is isolated from the worlds below. In the abyss we find Daath, a non-Sephira. Daath denotes 'knowledge' and can act as a bridge over the Abyss. Daath is associated with Saturn. Daath is called the Black Sun. Lucifer, rules Daath.

Lucifer-Daath, the original serpent, represents the divine force of creation that is able to carry out God's idea of creation. Lucifer-Daath sinks down to man's level and awakens the power of creation and the sexual energy in man. Thus, man can reach knowledge which was previously only accessible to God and the angels. Daath is the fruit that Eve consumes in Eden.

This is only a brief understanding of Daath, I hope it has helped.

Mr Cheese

It was reputed that the way to Daat is via a 'secret' or unmarked Path from Chesed. The 'secret' is merely that when Chesed is reached from Gevurah, the Path is retraced back to the Middle Pillar, then across the Abyss through Daat, following the 'Serpent Path'.....For humans in search of Divinity, Daat remains the only practical doorway via the Middle Pillar. There are direct routes, but no 'short cuts' or 'Instant Attainment.' The Tree of Life must live by its own laws.
Perhaps it will help to understand the Abyss and Daat if we imagine the Tree as a Flatland state until the Abyss, when it bends upward at right angles. Then we set our Serpent to crawl up the Tree. When it reaches Chesed, it will imagine there are no more Sefirot, since it has a Flatland consciousness, and so it will crawl back again down the Sefirot it knows and continue doing this like the Serpent with its tail in its mouth. In order to reach the Supernals, it must find the 'secret' Path to Daat by sensing the point where the influences of Chesed and Gevurah exactly balance each other, and then moving at right angles to both through the dimensions of Daat across the Sword-Bridge. This is quite a useful visualisation, since it relates Knowledge to Reality as an angle of approach, and demonstrates the occult method of reaching the Unknown by means of the Known. Both are combined in Daat.
Daat is the meeting point of subjective and objective consciousness, Inner and Outer experience, and past facing future. We might remember it is a product of Wisdom and Understanding in the first instance. Going down the Tree Daat is formed by thinking, and going up the Tree by feeling. When we have fully transferred the expressions of our mundane lives into Innerworld terms there will be no further necessity for incarnating, and we can live according to our true wills. Under such conditions, to think is to act creatively in immediate Time-Space, and turn Force with Form into fact. This means unless individual intelligences were properly geared to each other so that nothing but mutually acceptable thinking occurred, confusion and unbalance would instantly supervene. Man must learn to live as a whole organism before Daat can be properly realised, and this means thinking as a complete consciousness that is not divided against itself.
The pattern of the Perfected Tree can be seen if Malchut is restored to the position of Daat and the Paths drawn accordingly. Then the Tree structure would indeed stand upon its Foundation (Yesod), and the 'King' (Keter) be 'restored to His Kingdom.' It is a useful Kabbalistic exercise to draw this design and meditate on it. A great deal may be learned in that way, and the functions of Daat will be shown up in relation to its fellow-Sefirot. As the 'Fallen Sefirah' of Malchut however, Daat indicates that the pre-requisite of Knowledge is Ignorance, or perhaps Innocence might be considered a happier term. The Hebrew word for Ignorance (Chashech) is synonymous with darkness, misery, ruin, wickedness, and the like, implying ignorance to be an intentional refusal to seek enlightenment.
Obviously no one can be taught to learn something they already know, and the virtue of Daat is more than Knowledge per se. The process of Knowing is of the utmost importance to a developing soul or Intelligence, the 'How' of learning being of more subtle importance than the 'What.' Two people may learn precisely the same objective knowledge, but the total difference between teaching-methods would result in considerable variation in the souls themselves. There is only one way for any soul to gain the same knowledge by many Paths, and that is to go through the Gates of Forgetting.....and start again like a recording-tape wiped clean of previous recordings. We do this with every life in order to gain the best results. There is a teaching to the effect that the Supreme Being does exactly the same on a Macrocosmic scale between Creations (or God-Lives), and the 'Fall of Daat' signifies an emergence from Primal Innocence (Paradise Myth) regained after the total Knowledge of a previous God-Life was effaced.
The perfected Daat then, is Knowledge gained in all possible ways by every possible conscious entity. On the achievement of such a state, objective Creation ceases, the accumulated Knowledge is transferred as a complete unit to a totally unimaginable dimension of consciousness, and spiritual subjectivity known as the Sleep of God supervenes. When the Awakening of God comes at the dawn of a new Creative Day, Daat has been cleared from former impressions, and is ready to fall into objectivity again for the gathering of more knowledge by experience. The whole of a previous Creation has been compressed to a single germinal impulse giving rise to the next. On a Macrocosmic scale we cannot conceive the implications of this, yet each one of us started our present lives that very way. Every generation carries within it the seed of all previous generations. Such is our Daat inheritance: we are the Knowers of God. In outward life we are agents of Divine Consciousness being aware of objective Creation, and in Inner Life, we are agents of human consciousness directed toward Divinity. So does Deity Know and so is It known.

--wg gray

Mr Cheese

Mr. Cheese,
Where did you cull that interpretation from?

41bZmURncTL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

its actually an extract from a compilation of extracts from various books by him that all discuss this subject....

but the above is specifically from the ladder of lights

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Marvelous, thank you. The concepts are interesting and I will certainly pick the book up.

Ameninhat

I've read a little bit about Da'ath, but I'd like to understand it better. Here are some quotes I've read that really interest me:

I know that some here feel that nobody on this forum can explain the Kabbalah, but I'd like anyone with some understanding to take a stab at it. What is the importance of Da'ath? What is the purpose of Da'ath? Is Da'ath, as some people have said, a gateway to the Qlippoth? Why is it so important to exclude Da'ath as a Sephirah?

The second quote in particular interests me. If Malkuth (Kingdom) fell out of the Garden of Eden, where did it fall to? What caused this? Why would knowledge be the hole? It seems as though knowledge was what was left after the Kingdom fell...the remnants, so to speak?

I've seen a lot of good information... Yet, I did not see the "root of the matter" delt with in a proper manner. We are communing, commun-icating about a tree, The Tree of Life/Etz or Aus Chayim/Paut Neteru.

So... It's Fruit, Leaves, Limbs, Body, Trunk, Roots and Seed are of Upmost importance.

To fast forward a bit from its seed (Ancient African Spirituality), lets move to its roots, Ancient Egypt. First some rules related to Ancient Egyptian language: Words and sentences can be read from right to left and left to right. So a word spelled syba is also another word with meaning from the other direction (abys or abyss).

The Ancient Egyptians spread writing all over the word. And with it, their culture. This is why Champollion, Wallis Budge and Alan Gardiner stated that the Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs are the basis for all "Western Languages" (Dialects of the Ancient Egyptian).

With that know that language contains etymology, historical understanding locked within every word and portion of a word.

And before we get to Daat, a Fruit on the Tree, we need trace its origin from its roots.

Aged at about 10,000 BCE by the British Museum (Largest exhibit of Ancient Egypt, other than Egypt), the Ancient Egyptian Nation, Chemet, predates any known Civilization (African or European or Asian, etc.).

As a totem of the culture there were major Aspects of God that were uses to talk, teach, write, speak, joke... about God. As one of the major names of God is Neter, the neteral/neuter/natural/
neutral (Not female nor male, up or down, cold or hot, left or right; but All Things - Neutral/Neter.

Aspects of Neter were developed into Paut (Company /Grouping of aspects of God). Groupings naturally/Neterally had hierarchy, and thus the Tree as a Grand Symbol.

When the Ancient Egyptians shared with and taught this to the Hapiru/Hebrew/Wanderers the wanderers took what they could and retained what they could. And, they did a pretty good job.

It is the reason why the Wanderers/Hebrew/Hapiru still give historical if not political and social respect to their ancestral Hebrew of the Ehtiopic/Coptic/Sudanese origin.

So... This one Fruit of the Tree that was taught could give physical perspectives/angles important to masonry and carpentry, and grand metaphysical perspectives/angels important to building of character and nations/masonry is that of the Ancient Egyptian Duat!

The Duat has many correspondences, but all relate to a core idea, Transitioning, Movement... And with any movement there is friction. The more the friction the more challenging the movement, the great the movement the decrease of friction and thus more movement = earning via lessons = l-earning.

This Duat became Daat to Daath to Death (Transitioning). It is a major aspect of the Tree of Life, "Death" is a major part of Life. Preparation for it is a Major to Ancient Egyptian tradition.

What has been lost is that some say Daat/Daath does not belong on the Tree like Keter/Kether or others because Daat is not a "Personification"/Personal Angle/Angel one has.

And they are right, but not. In the Chemetic tradition every Sphere/Sepiroth/Cipher contained States of Being and Personification.

Down the middle of the Tree is Ba (Kether/Raet-Ra/Ausar/Osiris/Obatala), Ab (Tipareth/Hrau [Heru/Horus]/Shango), Ka (Yesod/Ra-Raet/Auset/Isis/Yemaya); thus making up KaBaLa. However, as seen it originally is KaBaRa.

And in that KaBaRa, the forth Sphere down the middle of the Tree is Daat/Duat and corresponds to Set/Alter Ego/Altar Ego. And yes, Set has a correspondence to Setan/Satan, but as the positive is Lux Cipher, the Light of the Cipher or Lucipher.

There is much, much, much more; but Chow for Now! Blessings Amenet-Amen.

Please visit me at: @uninatchemet (United Nation of Chemet) on facebook or also on Facebook: Rich Ameninhat. Also, look for my book that goes deeper into culture and language: Alphabetae Lives

Attachments

• FB_20160731_17_59_15_Saved_Picture.jpg
    FB_20160731_17_59_15_Saved_Picture.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 475

Ameninhat

I've seen a lot of good information... Yet, I did not see the "root of the matter" delt with in a proper manner. We are communing, commun-icating about a tree, The Tree of Life/Etz or Aus Chayim/Paut Neteru.

So... It's Fruit, Leaves, Limbs, Body, Trunk, Roots and Seed are of Upmost importance.

To fast forward a bit from its seed (Ancient African Spirituality), lets move to its roots, Ancient Egypt. First some rules related to Ancient Egyptian language: Words and sentences can be read from right to left and left to right. So a word spelled syba is also another word with meaning from the other direction (abys or abyss).

The Ancient Egyptians spread writing all over the word. And with it, their culture. This is why Champollion, Wallis Budge and Alan Gardiner stated that the Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs are the basis for all "Western Languages" (Dialects of the Ancient Egyptian).

With that know that language contains etymology, historical understanding locked within every word and portion of a word.

And before we get to Daat, a Fruit on the Tree, we need trace its origin from its roots.

Aged at about 10,000 BCE by the British Museum (Largest exhibit of Ancient Egypt, other than Egypt), the Ancient Egyptian Nation, Chemet, predates any known Civilization (African or European or Asian, etc.).

As a totem of the culture there were major Aspects of God that were uses to talk, teach, write, speak, joke... about God. As one of the major names of God is Neter, the neteral/neuter/natural/
neutral (Not female nor male, up or down, cold or hot, left or right; but All Things - Neutral/Neter.

Aspects of Neter were developed into Paut (Company /Grouping of aspects of God). Groupings naturally/Neterally had hierarchy, and thus the Tree as a Grand Symbol.

When the Ancient Egyptians shared with and taught this to the Hapiru/Hebrew/Wanderers the wanderers took what they could and retained what they could. And, they did a pretty good job.

It is the reason why the Wanderers/Hebrew/Hapiru still give historical if not political and social respect to their ancestral Hebrew of the Ehtiopic/Coptic/Sudanese origin.

So... This one Fruit of the Tree that was taught could give physical perspectives/angles important to masonry and carpentry, and grand metaphysical perspectives/angels important to building of character and nations/masonry is that of the Ancient Egyptian Duat!

The Duat has many correspondences, but all relate to a core idea, Transitioning, Movement... And with any movement there is friction. The more the friction the more challenging the movement, the great the movement the decrease of friction and thus more movement = earning via lessons = l-earning.

This Duat became Daat to Daath to Death (Transitioning). It is a major aspect of the Tree of Life, "Death" is a major part of Life. Preparation for it is a Major to Ancient Egyptian tradition.

What has been lost is that some say Daat/Daath does not belong on the Tree like Keter/Kether or others because Daat is not a "Personification"/Personal Angle/Angel one has.

And they are right, but not. In the Chemetic tradition every Sphere/Sepiroth/Cipher contained States of Being and Personification.

Down the middle of the Tree is Ba (Kether/Raet-Ra/Ausar/Osiris/Obatala), Ab (Tipareth/Hrau [Heru/Horus]/Shango), Ka (Yesod/Ra-Raet/Auset/Isis/Yemaya); thus making up KaBaLa. However, as seen it originally is KaBaRa.

And in that KaBaRa, the forth Sphere down the middle of the Tree is Daat/Duat and corresponds to Set/Alter Ego/Altar Ego. And yes, Set has a correspondence to Setan/Satan, but as the positive is Lux Cipher, the Light of the Cipher or Lucipher.

Please visit me at: @uninatchemet (United Nation of Chemet) on facebook or also on Facebook: Rich Ameninhat. Also, look for my book that goes deeper into culture and language: Alphabetae Lives

ndh

I've read a little bit about Da'ath, but I'd like to understand it better.
?
Daat is misunderstood.
It is not a sephira. It is a portion of malchut.

The sephirot break into groups of three. Malchut is the fourth letter of God's name and is fourth in many ways. Each third sephira has a portion of malchut fourth.

Binah's portion of malchut is called daat.

Elokim in the first verse is binah. The ending mem is malchut of binah (Daat).

Malchut is fourth and there are 4 malchuts. Malchut of binah, malchut of tiferet, malchut of yesod, and malchut itself.

Malchut is Israel. So why was Jacob (Tiferet) Israel? That was the malchut portion of tiferet.

Daat is a bit different than the other malchut portions and has a lot in common with keter.

I explain it all on kabbalahfortoday.com