• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CyberDissidents.org

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
I ran across this site via Irshad Manji's site:

CyberDissidents.org

There's a lot to read through ~ so many stories ~ but I am beyond impressed by the guts these people display. It also reminds me to be grateful for my freedoms.

Just thought I'd pass it along. :)

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
Irshad Manji's documentary Faith Without Fear.

From her site:

“Recently, an Arab media expert informed me that my PBS documentary, Faith Without Fear, is being spliced and watched widely in the Muslim underground.
He suggested that I produce a discussion guide to the film and post it on my site. He, in turn, will recruit his vast network of dissidents to distribute the guide throughout the Middle East and Iran.
How can I resist? (Get it? “Resist”? A little dissident humor for you.)”

Her conversations with her mother in the previews caught my eye. As a mother, I can imagine what her own mom must be feeling and fearing. Despite the controversy of Irshad's mission and the added hoopla that surely attempts to interfer with their relationship, you can clearly see the solid affection between the two. :)

I haven't seen the documentary yet. I may buy it for myself and then donate it to my local library.