• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cy Twombly, the greatest artist of all time

Rational Agnostic

I used to be an atheist. But, then I discovered Cy Twombly's art. And now, I have become convinced of the existence of God. Clearly, the only explanation for such profound art is God-given talent.

Checkmate atheists.

When I first saw this drawing, I burst into tears as I stood in awe of the greatest piece of artwork of all time.

YQei_jvc1z9C_585x329.jpg

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I used to be an atheist. But, then I discovered Cy Twombly's art. And now, I have become convinced of the existence of God. Clearly, the only explanation for such profound art is God-given talent.

Checkmate atheists.

When I first saw this drawing, I burst into tears as I stood in awe of the greatest piece of artwork of all time.

YQei_jvc1z9C_585x329.jpg

Evidently my five year old grandson is a follower of Cy.

exchemist

Veteran Member

Checkmate atheists.

YQei_jvc1z9C_585x329.jpg
I've always struggled with how to pronounce this artist's name.

Is it Two-mbly, i.e. 2-mbly? Or is it Twomm - bly? But I agree: there seems to be more than a bit of emperor's new clothes about some of this stuff.

My favourite anecdote on this subject is the time the TV show "That's Life" invited Brian Sewell and a couple of other art critics to review a new abstract painting by a mystery artist. Sewell pronounced it as having no artistic merit, while the others praised it in suitable art-world terminology.

That's Life then revealed it had been painted by an elephant.

PureX

Veteran Member
Ridiculing what one doesn't understand because one doesn't understand it is the sign of a very weak intellect, and ego.

Rational Agnostic

Ridiculing what one doesn't understand because one doesn't understand it is the sign of a very weak intellect, and ego.

I agree. It takes an enormous intellect to understand the transformational and awe-inspiring profundity and depth of works of art such as these:
W1siZiIsIjM4NzYzMCJdLFsicCIsImNvbnZlcnQiLCItcmVzaXplIDIwMDB4MjAwMFx1MDAzZSJdXQ.jpg

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Checkmate atheists.

YQei_jvc1z9C_585x329.jpg
A true savant.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I agree. It takes an enormous intellect to understand the transformational and awe-inspiring profundity and depth of works of art such as these:
W1siZiIsIjM4NzYzMCJdLFsicCIsImNvbnZlcnQiLCItcmVzaXplIDIwMDB4MjAwMFx1MDAzZSJdXQ.jpg
And to think Andy Warhol only used Campbell's soup cans devoid of artistic value. If fate had only allowed the two to meet.