• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cute story from Petco (I think so anyway)

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I went to get food for my furkids. The guys collecting donations for the SPCA were there. I've donated food before. These guys are bad-*** looking guys in motorcycle togs, some with bikes and p/u trucks. I walked up and asked what supplies they needed. I always buy them food. I laughed and said "I'm onto you guys... you're not as big and bad-*** as you look". So they laughed. They had a sweet mixed breed dog with them that I played with. I talked to the dog and said "so what's your name?" One guy looked at me and said "take a guess". I said "uhhhh..." The guy said "Thor" and pointed to my hammer. I said "well, 'Thor vigi', may Thor bless; best to you guys". They thanked me for the food, and I left. Well, I think it's a cute story. :)

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I didn't know the SPCA attracted biker types.

You haven't seen me in boots, jeans, biker jacket, gloves and trucker's cap, shaved head and now full beard. I'm very much for the ASPCA and Associated Humane Societies. I've seen these guys before, which is why I teased them. They are rough-and-tumble looking but they are the biggest sweethearts you could ever meet. They take animal welfare very seriously. In fact, I would not be against volunteering with them. Anyway, the point of this is that evidently they know something of Ásatrú, because when he motioned to my hammer, I said "I follow Ásatrú", to which he nodded knowingly. The world is full of surprises, isn't it!? ;)

vaguelyhumanoid

I went to the library to check out a copy of the Poetic Edda, and right when I was going to the bathroom after picking it out I saw a guy with a Mjölnir pendant! I wanted to go up to him kinda but I only saw him for that one moment. He looked very "black metal" - dark clothes and long, very straight hair. I'm nerdy-looking and (proudly) kinda effeminate; not the type you'd expect for an interest in Heathenry, and yet there you have it.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I went to get food for my furkids. The guys collecting donations for the SPCA were there. I've donated food before. These guys are bad-*** looking guys in motorcycle togs, some with bikes and p/u trucks. I walked up and asked what supplies they needed. I always buy them food. I laughed and said "I'm onto you guys... you're not as big and bad-*** as you look". So they laughed. They had a sweet mixed breed dog with them that I played with. I talked to the dog and said "so what's your name?" One guy looked at me and said "take a guess". I said "uhhhh..." The guy said "Thor" and pointed to my hammer. I said "well, 'Thor vigi', may Thor bless; best to you guys". They thanked me for the food, and I left. Well, I think it's a cute story. :)
can't judge a book by its cover...tough guys like animals, too, ya know!