• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Curses?

I have a pet that since I have gotten it, I have experienced bad luck after bad luck. Hypothetically let's say its because of the pet.. which would stop my bad luck? Getting rid of the pet or will the bad luck end when the pet dies?
Silly question but I just want to know

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I had a string of bad luck right after I got a puppy.

Poo on the carpet. One each of several pair of shoes ruined. Bills from a vet.
But it all went away, a year or so later everything was fine. Better really.

Tom

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
It will only remain, under any circumstances (including keeping it), until you change your perspective

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
I would look out for self-fulfilling prophesies like this. If you think you have bad luck you will experience that you have bad luck - even if you objectively have just as much as anyone else, on average. The key word here is of course "average". Sometimes things happen fast, sometimes they slow down. There are also multiple subconscious reasons that can cause events that will feel like bad luck if not seen in their right context. Think forgetting the keys inside when you locked the door this morning. If you fail to acknowledge you've felt stressed lately and know that stress lessens your memory capabilities, it sure will feel like bad luck.

Other than that, what's the best way to counter bad luck? My advice is to laugh and keep a positive attitude towards life, and your misfortune won't feel so bad or better, it will disappear completely. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies guys.
I know it seems like such a silly thing but I can't seem to stop thinking about how since I got this pet everything got much worse. Maybe it's the stress that goes along with it.
It's a horse so it's not destruction like with a puppy or anything. It's been more like health conditions and mysterious conditions which are extremely similar to the ones the horse has.
Maybe I'm just going crazy ;)

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
It's been more like health conditions and mysterious conditions which are extremely similar to the ones the horse has.
Maybe I'm just going crazy ;)
You're not necessarily going crazy, but perhaps experiencing some form of psychosomatic ailments because you go about thinking about the symptoms your hoses has. Or maybe it's just pure chance. What I'm trying to say here is that our mind is really, really good at ticking us into experiencing even really weird things. I wish your horse all the best, by the way. It's very stressful for horses to be sick or hurt. Give him/her an apple for me. :)

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
I have a pet that since I have gotten it, I have experienced bad luck after bad luck. Hypothetically let's say its because of the pet.. which would stop my bad luck? Getting rid of the pet or will the bad luck end when the pet dies?
Silly question but I just want to know

Maybe you are paying more than required attention to pet and ignoring other matters; resulting in troubles.