• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Curiosity?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Why do you think there are millions of science students who don't believe the theory?

Because they were fed lies and bs by their pastors and homeschooling religious parents.

Do you seriously believe it's because they don't understand it?

Yes. And simple honest ignorance.

I can honestly tell you that in my entire life, I have never encountered a creationist who argued against evolution without misrepresenting it. Every single evolution denier I have ever talked to, exhibited deep ignorance on the matter.

I can't even count the amount of times I had to correct people on what macro evolution is, what a transitional is, what the significance is of nested hierarchies, how natural selection really works, etc etc etc etc.

I don't think this is a coincidence.

Maybe turn your question around. You speak of "students". Have you ever wondered why among the actual community of scientists working in biology, the acceptance of evolution as a well-established, well-documented model of how species come about is virtually universal?

That would be comedy at it's best. :p

I don't think it's comical. I think it's tragic.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Are you curious about how the earth just happen to be so precisely fit for life of all kinds

It's not, actually.
99% of all species that ever lived, have gone extinct.
We humans actually aren't able to survive on MOST of this planet's surface.

Life adapted to the planet, not the other way round.

Just like with a puddle of water... is the hole in the ground "precisely fit" for the water it holds?
Or is it rather the water that simply takes the shape of the hole in the ground?

How do we investigate its purpose?

First, you'ld have to determine that there is a purpose to investigate. You just assume one.

Have you limited your investigation to exclude God - a creator? Why, may I ask?

I haven't. I limit my search to those things that can be reasonably supported.
Your god happens to not qualify those criteria. That's not my choice. It's just how it is.

I don't include gods in my search for the same reason that I don't include pixies. I don't have anything against pixies. I just see no reason to include them, because I lack the evidence to do so.

That's all.

Give me valid evidence, and I'll happily include it.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Yep...amazing how a theory can become a fact just with the power of belief.....

Theories don't become facts.
Theories explain facts.

and how many people subscribe to that belief based on the power of suggestion? o_O

To my knowledge: none.
At least not among the scientifically literate.

It depends on how evidence is interpreted....not just on the evidence itself. So how is a fully convinced scientific community ever going to admit to having “beliefs” just like we do? It is unscientific!!!! :eek:

Science doesn't do "belief".
Science can only consider things likely or unlikely or factually wrong.
The extent/degree to which something is considered likely is directly related to the amount and quality of evidence in support of it.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Wait. Isn't the origin of species a magical experience according to the evolution theory?

No.

Explain that. The first life.

Evolution has nothing whatsoever to say about first life.

See? Just like I said 2 posts ago, in reply to your question if we really believe that all those evolution deniers lack understanding of evolution theory. I said yes and noted that I never encountered a creationist who demonstrated to have a good understanding of said theory and that I can't even count the amount of times I had to explain very basic concepts of evolution to those people.

This is another one of such clichés that comes up all the time: the false idea that evolution is somehow related to the origins of life. It's not.