• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cultural Curation

MatthewA

Have you ever thought about this topic or have discussed it with others?

Please feel free to check the video out below ; and please listen careful to what is being said and you will get a better understanding of what is being presented.

Todays age is full of Cultural Curation ~ Of showing images of perfect lives, and happy families ; while behind the photos that are taken, there are arguments, and fights, and things of that nature in which is not seen yet ; a perfect photo is shared to promote an lifestyle and attitude that is completely contrary in which is and spoken by and through the bible.

About 20 minutes long.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Please feel free to check the video out below ; and please listen careful to what is being said and you will get a better understanding of what is being presented.

Todays age is full of Cultural Curation ~ Of showing images of perfect lives, and happy families ; while behind the photos that are taken, there are arguments, and fights, and things of that nature in which is not seen yet ; a perfect photo is shared to promote an lifestyle and attitude that is completely contrary in which is and spoken by and through the bible.

About 20 minutes long.
I believe many people of today has a form shield around them so they do not see the true world, the bad side is always hidden from plain view as best possible, but when a person open his/her eyes to see that the "perfect world" is not the real world, they start to see behind the curtain. And than the truth is revield

MatthewA

Hello, @The Hammer: Sorry for the misdirection, brother.

Hello @Conscious thoughts. You seem to have an understanding and are aware that people see the outside appearance ; even ourselves we produce what we appear to be by what we say, and how we act.

However their is also internal aspect with-in a human beings that is also active with-in the external fleshly body. The mental aspect, and of our capabilities which to me stims from our souls. Which rom with in we think, and ponder, and decide how we will and do with our lives ; through family, friends, and other activities that are involved with life with-in the world itself. (According to the bible the world and all that is in it is found in this one passage ( 1 John 2:16 ).

On social media platforms, a person can make it look like they are just living their best life now, and they are happy, and even with external influences of other human beings, they just speak how happy they are, and everything is going well, when really inside there is something more going on in that person; which is not being allowed to be heard and shared and instead kept to oneself which causes an inner deterioration with-in the persons (mind,will,emotion) soul.

In this show Shawn talked about the Hart Family -

On March 26, 2018, Jennifer and Sarah Hart murdered all six of their children when Jennifer Hart drove an SUV over a 100-foot (30 m) cliff on California State Route 1, in Mendocino County, California, near Westport. ... A 14-member coroner's jury unanimously ruled the case a murder–suicide.
Perpetrators: Jennifer Hart, Sarah Hart
Victims: 6 adopted children

It is very unfortunate for the children in this situation. From the reports witnesses said that Jennifer and Sarah stopped before driving off a 100-foot cliff and killing themselves, and the children. ~ Yet by and through facebook sharing post, and always placing on a show of a fake reality everything looked as everything was okay, yet behind the curtain was much more to be seen which will never probably be known especially with the case of the Hart Family.

Life is tough. It is far from easy.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Hello, @The Hammer: Sorry for the misdirection, brother.

Hello @Conscious thoughts. You seem to have an understanding and are aware that people see the outside appearance ; even ourselves we produce what we appear to be by what we say, and how we act.

However their is also internal aspect with-in a human beings that is also active with-in the external fleshly body. The mental aspect, and of our capabilities which to me stims from our souls. Which rom with in we think, and ponder, and decide how we will and do with our lives ; through family, friends, and other activities that are involved with life with-in the world itself. (According to the bible the world and all that is in it is found in this one passage ( 1 John 2:16 ).

On social media platforms, a person can make it look like they are just living their best life now, and they are happy, and even with external influences of other human beings, they just speak how happy they are, and everything is going well, when really inside there is something more going on in that person; which is not being allowed to be heard and shared and instead kept to oneself which causes an inner deterioration with-in the persons (mind,will,emotion) soul.

In this show Shawn talked about the Hart Family -

On March 26, 2018, Jennifer and Sarah Hart murdered all six of their children when Jennifer Hart drove an SUV over a 100-foot (30 m) cliff on California State Route 1, in Mendocino County, California, near Westport. ... A 14-member coroner's jury unanimously ruled the case a murder–suicide.
Perpetrators: Jennifer Hart, Sarah Hart
Victims: 6 adopted children

It is very unfortunate for the children in this situation. From the reports witnesses said that Jennifer and Sarah stopped before driving off a 100-foot cliff and killing themselves, and the children. ~ Yet by and through facebook sharing post, and always placing on a show of a fake reality everything looked as everything was okay, yet behind the curtain was much more to be seen which will never probably be known especially with the case of the Hart Family.

Life is tough. It is far from easy.
I am not sure what you trying to say in this reply @MatthewA

MatthewA

I am not sure what you trying to say in this reply @MatthewA

Ill use myself as an example.

My name is Matthew: I ; am a known drug abuser; am known to be greedy, am known to be hateful, am known to have been mentally abusive in my past; have cheated people out; and have lied many times.

I can present to you that I am honest, caring, loving, (though I am not ~ I have none of these characteristics at all) yet at the same time manipulate you if desired, and even tell you demeaning and hateful comments to you, and even about your family.

(I am not a good person by any means and life is tough friend. ~ People may tell you that I am good but my own choice of looking at myself and how my life has been handled makes me understand how I am not good at all from everything that has been done.)

Though by the grace of God: Am able to by the spirit be kind, gentle, and loving, towards others because the Lord Jesus Christ and the light has shined into my life that was once filled with darkness, and hatefulness, being manipulative, and lying to others. (The power of the forgiveness of God and my mistakes)

~~ This is the Christian Philosophy understanding of the human.

As human beings we are all messed up and need help... it is unfortunate those children had to die...

In the case of The Hart Family. Those two women; who made conscious choice to drive off a cliff and murder themselves, and the children whom could be still living today.

The Hart Family however while living put on as those they were living their best life now, being married, and taking care of their children but no one really will ever know the full story to this but social media has a part and role in it as well.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

About 20 minutes long.
Pretty sure you just described advertising in general lol

danieldemol

Premium Member
As human beings we are all messed up and need help... it is unfortunate those children had to die...
If you think the Hart family are representative of all humans you are still telling a lie - to yourself.
In my opinion.

exchemist

Veteran Member

About 20 minutes long.
I don't see that the bible has anything to do with this. Promotion of idealised lives is certainly all around us. In some ways it can be harmless escapism. In others it can create impossible expectations for people to live up to, leading to anxiety and depression.

For what it's worth, the bible, it seems to me, sends rather mixed messages on this. On the one hand we have demands on our behaviour that seem impossible to attain and on the other, we have messages of forgiveness and understanding for those who fall short.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

About 20 minutes long.
"Cultural curation" is not a new thing:

Matt 6:16-18:

16 “When you fast, do not look sullen like the hypocrites, for they make their faces unattractive so that people will see them fasting. I tell you the truth, they have their reward! 17 When you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, 18 so that it will not be obvious to others when you are fasting, but only to your Father who is in secret. And your Father, who sees in secret, will reward you.