• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cults and militias and Protests oh my

Riders

Last time the country was this upset about our political system going wrong in the 70s and 60s cults and militias popped up everywhere. Cults offer a Utopia for those who feel the world is wrong, a place outside of the establishment which is what Trump is BTW.

I suspect we will be seeing a replay of the 60s, protest constantly, and cults popping up offering place away from the establishment. Are we going back to the late 60s?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I suspect this has the potential to be more seismic than the 60s. I'm not sure it will be, but I think it has that potential. Time will tell.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The 60s aren't likely to be repeated any time soon.
The VN war was deadlier than any which followed.
The draft was on, & thousands upon thousands of men were plucked out of civilian life to kill & be killed in a meandering war which few wanted. Jim Crow was alive & well in much of the country.
Conflict was rampant....Cons hated hippies....hippies hated soldiers...Nixon hated commies...
Real social & political change happened.
Will disgruntled Hillary voters achieve the same?
Nah....no staying power.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
We h
The 60s aren't likely to be repeated any time soon.
The VN war was deadlier than any which followed.
The draft was on, & thousands upon thousands of men were plucked out of civilian life to kill & be killed in a meandering war which few wanted. Jim Crow was alive & well in much of the country.
Conflict was rampant....Cons hated hippies....hippies hated soldiers...Nixon hated commies...
Real social & political change happened.
Will disgruntled Hillary voters achieve the same?
Nah....no staying power.
We now have a President and Congress that denies global warming you can damn well count on people fighting.

Riders

We have a man who is being investigated for child rape and fraud for President and being sued for sexual harrassement who is backed by the KKK and a rascist misogynist. There will be a fight.