• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cue the Glue

WalterTrull

Godfella
It seems the glue that holds objects together and the impetus for movement and change is faith We must all have faith then. We couldn’t walk across the room without faith. How to get a handle on, how to control, or at least how to focus faith would apparently be the object of magic, witchcraft, religion, and science. Of these, science is obviously the most effective technique, yet inheres the same Achilles’ heel as the rest, practitioners with little or no knowledge of, or misunderstanding of, the mental nature of the universe. Aberrations occur, intent is thwarted, castles melt. There is hope, however. Even if it isn’t revealed yet, “thy will be done in earth” and down the road, “thy kingdom come.” Very cool. I’m looking forward to it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It seems the glue that holds objects together and the impetus for movement and change is faith We must all have faith then. We couldn’t walk across the room without faith. How to get a handle on, how to control, or at least how to focus faith would apparently be the object of magic, witchcraft, religion, and science. Of these, science is obviously the most effective technique, yet inheres the same Achilles’ heel as the rest, practitioners with little or no knowledge of, or misunderstanding of, the mental nature of the universe. Aberrations occur, intent is thwarted, castles melt. There is hope, however. Even if it isn’t revealed yet, “thy will be done in earth” and down the road, “thy kingdom come.” Very cool. I’m looking forward to it.
Might be good for first timers.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You appear to be making an equivocation fallacy by using different definitions of "faith" to justify religious belief. The "faith" that enables one to walk across the room or to work in the sciences is not the same "faith" as is used in religious beliefs.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Faith is relief for life's troubles, one must die to be rewarded.
One must have faith in the spirit within oneself to survive.
How much of oneself will go forward to that afterlife ?
How little will be left behind ? How much cognizance proceeds ?
I think very little will leave with the spirit, or our consciouness.
I hope that `God` has some soft clouds in that heaven of `His`.
I really wish that the theists are right in their beliefs...I don't.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Walt
Speaking of context:
I wonder about this example;

"...your will be done, on earth ..."
“...thy will be done in earth...”

I can see the `on Earth` but the `in Earth`,
why `in` ?... `in` heaven I can see, in my imagination,
but...`in Earth` I can't.
Just a thought about context.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, no. Sorry, I was not clear. I believe they are the same faiths.
But they aren't. That much is obvious to anyone that takes even the lightest of study of them. The "faith" that one can walk across the room is based upon a long history of being able to walk across the room. The "faith" in science is there because the results of experiments can be tested again and again. Religious faith is faith that exists without evidence or rational support. If you read the Bible even Jesus praises that sort of ignorant faith.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
hey Walt
Speaking of context:

Probably applies just to miners.

WalterTrull

Godfella
But they aren't. That much is obvious to anyone that takes even the lightest of study of them. The "faith" that one can walk across the room is based upon a long history of being able to walk across the room. The "faith" in science is there because the results of experiments can be tested again and again. Religious faith is faith that exists without evidence or rational support. If you read the Bible even Jesus praises that sort of ignorant faith.
I believe you are mistaken. I will take some time and try to sort out my reasoning, but a bit later.

WalterTrull

Godfella
hey Walt
Speaking of context:

WalterTrull

Godfella
Goin' the same place. For my money, the "in" is a little more insightful. Sort of like a work in bronze or a work in marble. Thy will be done in earth, sort of the same, as on, but a bit of recognition for the earth's nature.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Hmm. You suggesting this is your second, third, or more time around? I know Shirley McClain believes that.
More like whenever something is shiny and new, excited about it until the wrapping comes off and you play with it for a while.

Then you set it down after a while.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
That's your answer is it ?
OK !
I guess the bible is always right !
Love those contextual exerts !