• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cryptocurrency

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
In the long run, cryptocurrency will replace paper money, due to cryptos lack of intermediators, it is more accessible and cheaper than paper money.

That's pretty much wishful thinking imo.

The future of money might very well be some digital crypto thing, but it will be one issued and controlled by government, not a "free for all" jungle like we have today.

Just remember: for current species of crypto's to win, all governments in the world need to lose.

RestlessSoul

I'll queue your video to watch later.

I guess I'm confused...how it has value? Like, how does something like that get going? Someone literally just said, here is an online token, tied to nothing. Let's gamble with them? In exchange for real money? Am I missing something?

If I'm just hopelessly financially illiterate here I apologize.

The only value it has is the value the market assigns to it. But that's true of many assets and commodities - gold, for example.