• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crusifixion or Crusifiction?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Except we don't call Moses a failure, a hoax, a liar, etc.
And we do ? Where have you been thumbsucking this from? Islam reveres Moses even more than Judaism and Christianity itself!
The point is, it's a comparison. We don't call Moses a failure, a hoax, a liar, etc., but yet some Muslims feel perfectly justified in treating Jesus in this way. You all insist that we treat your religion with respect, and you initiate a world-wide outcry when we don't, yet you all treat the Christ and the Bible as a hoax.

Because Adam did one mistake every human being is destined to hell because they ate the forbiden fruit so God Almightyi is going to put everybody to hell? Even the innocent children, the babies, are born sinful because of that? Can you imagine! This is not a just law. At some point, even the Bible, your Bible, rejects the original sin
Adam is not a single man. "Adam" is a metaphor for humanity. Makes a difference in the doctrine of original sin. (BTW, Genesis, in reference to the first sin never says that God will send us to hell. Not once.)
...wait...why am I sitting here while a Muslim presumes to teach me (a Christian cleric) about the Bible and Christian theology??? What's wrong with this picture? If I want to learn to play jazz guitar, I think I'll go to a P.E. teacher...

porkchop

I'm Heffer!!!
I always thought it was wierd how at easter people say it was friday Jesus died and Sunday he rose, He would have had to have been crucified on Thursday for it to be three days, but it was the catholic church, as far as i know, that chose to set these days and dates in place, not so good at the maths, eh?;)

Islam

Ok sojourner if i have hurt your feelings, I am sorry. I did not mean to disrespect you.

BTW, Genesis, in reference to the first sin never says that God will send us to hell. Not once.)

Ok so why exactly do Christians believe that if they do not accept Christ as there savior they will perish?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Islam said:
Ok sojourner if i have hurt your feelings, I am sorry. I did not mean to disrespect you.

Ok so why exactly do Christians believe that if they do not accept Christ as there savior they will perish?

You haven't hurt my feelings, but you've disrespected that which I hold very dear.:redcard:
I'm responding to a blatant double-standard, born of hubris.

I don't believe that we will perish. I believe God will save every person.

Islam said:
And we do ? Where have you been thumbsucking this from? Islam reveres Moses even more than Judaism and Christianity itself!

Oh, dear, I feel the art of analogy is lost to you...

You said that you are allowed to discuss Jesus with Christians just as Christians are allowed to discuss Moses with Jews.

However, in Christian/Jewish discussions about Moses, we don't defame Moses and claim Moses was a hoax or a liar or that Jews are lying about him....yet you do so when you discuss Jesus with Christians.

Bick

Mr Islam, you posted after my post which straightens out (from a careful reading of the scriptures) the confusion of Jonah, supposedly not dying in the fish, and Jesus supposedly being crucified on a Friday.

Is it clear to you?

As for Adam sinning and then being forgiven, that is only in the words of the Koran.
Anyone can claim they have a "special revelation from God" and form a religion.
Only the Bible is the true Word of God.

No other "holy book" describes the origin of the universe and mankind accurately.

If God forgave the Adam, why are we dying? for that was the penalty: quoting from Young's Translation: Gen. 2:16,17, "And Jehovah God layeth a charge on the man, saying, ' Of evry tree of the garden eating thou dost eat; and of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou dost not eat of it, for in the day of thine eating of it---dying thou dost die.' "

This is set forth clearly by Paul the apostle in Romans 5:12-21. I'll just paraphrase some of it: Sin entered into the world by one man (the Adam), and death by sin, and so death passed through upon all men, for that all have sinned.

Bick

Islam

We dont claim Jesus was a liar, you put words into his moyth claiming he was God. Show me one verse where he says he is God, just one! It doesnt exist. You chose to worship him yet he never claimed to be God, so we dont call him a liar, we just say that he never claimed to be Go and thats exactly whats in the Bible.

Anyone can claim they have a "special revelation from God" and form a religion.
Only the Bible is the true Word of God.

You see Mohammed was an illiterate. He didnt know how to read or write. The Quran was a verbal revelation. The bible is the word of man according to your own scholars but that it was inspired by God. A man gets tickled and says this is inspiration and starts writing. Yet Isaiah 37 & 2 Kings 19 is exposed, where we find extracts attributed to authors living 1000 of years apart to be identical to the letter. The obvious indictment would be on God that he had absentmindedly dictated the same tale twice. Does God do that? Does he "inspire" the exact same thing twice? This is a joke.

KPereira

Stimpleton said:
I always thought it was wierd how at easter people say it was friday Jesus died and Sunday he rose, He would have had to have been crucified on Thursday for it to be three days, but it was the catholic church, as far as i know, that chose to set these days and dates in place, not so good at the maths, eh?;)

If you count Friday, that is 3 days: Friday, Saturday, Sunday. If Jesus died early morning Friday...you wouldn't not count the day.

But whatever. It is the fact that Jesus died and rose again that is important...not the days which He did this.

Islam

Was Johna dead or alive? He was alive. If Jesus rose from the dead, that means he was a spirit, would a spirit eat fish and honey? No it wouldnt. Would a spirit be afraid of the Jews? No it wouldnt. Would a man crucified die in less than three hours? No, this is unscientific and untrue. People stay crucified for days and sometimes dont die. In Philipeanes Christians crucify themselves on easter for hours, they come down, smoking a ciggerate, everything is ok with them. Also, is killing His own son, a qaulity you attribute to a merciful God? No, slaughtering your own son has no mercy in it, thats for sure. If God is mercifull, which he is, he forgives our sins when we repent, he doesnt fix a sin with a sin. This is what Islam says, God saved Jesus from the crucifiction because God is mercifull towards us.

In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful.
004.157That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
004.158Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-

Islam

KPereira vbmenu_register("postmenu_687667", true); you mean Paul the self appointed prophet who contradicts Jesus in every single thing possible.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
KPereira said:
If Jesus died early morning Friday...you wouldn't not count the day.

Mt 27v46: And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Thats 3pm.

Possibly not too important but it gives the impression that we are all dopes who can't count (or the writers of the gospels can't).

Don't know why i posted this but i'm bored and felt like disagreeing with someone.:angel2:

KPereira

*Paul* said:
Mt 27v46: And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Thats 3pm.

Possibly not too important but it gives the impression that we are all dopes who can't count (or the writers of the gospels can't).

Don't know why i posted this but i'm bored and felt like disagreeing with someone.:angel2:

Hahahaha. Fair enough.