• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cruel so-called autism cure I found.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I can't not describe how mad this makes me but apparently people have used bleach to try and cure autism: Autism Treatment and ‘Bleach Therapy’
Someone please tell me that this isn't real. People can't be that desperate to try and change an autistic that they would do this can they?I mean I know that there are people like that but still...This has to be a joke right?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I wish such dung would vanish from the world but sadly we're not there yet.

VoidCat

I wish such dung would vanish from the world but sadly we're not there yet.
Me too...Like I am autistic and I am not suffering. My world is very beautiful and I don't see why anyone would want to change that. Why are people so cruel as to do things like this simply because people like me see the world differently I don't know.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My view of autism was significantly altered by hearing about and reading Temple Grandin's book "Thinking in Pictures". It was a real eye opener and made me realize that autism spectrum can provide a unique and valuable way of seeing the world.

VoidCat

My view of autism was significantly altered by hearing about and reading Temple Grandin's book "Thinking in Pictures". It was a real eye opener and made me realize that autism spectrum can provide a unique and valuable way of seeing the world.
I have never read it but I am glad your view of autism has changed and you know that it can provide a valuable way of seeing the world.Perhaps I shall put it on my reading list

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I can't not describe how mad this makes me but apparently people have used bleach to try and cure autism: Autism Treatment and ‘Bleach Therapy’
Someone please tell me that this isn't real. People can't be that desperate to try and change an autistic that they would do this can they?I mean I know that there are people like that but still...This has to be a joke right?
I hate quack doctors, too.

I ate a brass tack when I was about 4. I don't know why I did it, but it probably indicates I had a low IQ. Nothing bad happened though, so I must have had a very intelligent digestive system. I also swallowed a little bleach at a swimming pool once, and it probably had a little pee mixed in. Maybe that helped me to get smarter. Lets do a scientific study with human trials.

VoidCat

I hate quack doctors, too.

I ate a brass tack when I was about 4. I don't know why I did it, but it probably indicates I had a low IQ. Nothing bad happened though, so I must have had a very intelligent digestive system. I also swallowed a little bleach at a swimming pool once, and it probably had a little pee mixed in. Maybe that helped me to get smarter. Lets do a scientific study with human trials.
Thank you for your humor. I really needed that.

VoidCat

I agree.
I'd never heard of such a taste issue.
Interesting.
I have hypersensitivity to food so that's why I've heard of it.Bacon doesn't bother me much unless it's fried too much or seasoned too much. But if I am overwhelmed and there is too much seasoning then yes it can be painful to eat.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have hypersensitivity to food so that's why I've heard of it.Bacon doesn't bother me much unless it's fried too much or seasoned too much. But if I am overwhelmed and there is too much seasoning then yes it can be painful to eat.
Bacon is ruined by over-cooking & over-seasoning.

One thing I hate is too many people talking at the same time.
As a landlord, I instituted a requirement that if any group of
tenants wanted to negotiate with me, only one could speak
for the group.

VoidCat

Bacon is ruined by over-cooking & over-seasoning.

One thing I hate is too many people talking at the same time.
As a landlord, I instituted a requirement that if any group of
tenants wanted to negotiate with me, only one could speak
for the group.
I have hypersensitivity to sound in addition to hypersensitivity to taste and touch due to my autism. I have to wear sound-canceling headphones(not the music kind) in the school cafeteria or I could end up with a sensory overload and possibly have a meltdown. Sound can be painful.