• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crowley wasn't a satanist.

the most often thinking of that he was in any way a bad person or whatever is in the Book of the Law, his most famous work where he says
"I flap my wings n the face of Muhammed and blind him, I peck at the eyes of Jesus as he hangs on the cross". you must understand that this isn't Crowley talking, it is him merely warning against certain types of blasphemers, be it a bad priest or Orthodox sect, or a bad magician, with them talking as to what they do. You must be connected to the temple right to be able to read this and Crowley doesn't want idiots reading this book, as you are supposed to destroy it after the first reading and never read any of his other work if you are not connected to the temple. it is still a mass market paperback, but its study is explicitly forbidden to fools who can't read it. Crowley, if we read any of his other work, never does anything of the sort, and instead provides the clearest philosophical truth. I don't know how anybody could believe that.

There is also a photo of him wearing a black robe in an Egyptian temple. the book of Revelations tells us that the great school will come wearing robes of white, as they did this in the cold night to their studies in wool, why sheep follow. You follow the school and its teachings.
After an egyptian mysteric initiate's passing of the twelve tortures of initiation, he puts on a black cloth. that is a judge's robe, a leader's cloak, a way to pass through to places like the Italian P2 masonic lodge where they make you put on a black hood (think mafia hitman executioner's hood type judge) and they bring you blindly and trustingly on your part into a room where they remove the hood and everyone seated at the table can see you before you see them. It is also the way every Islamic woman dresses now that bad priests summoned necronomicon devils dressed in black like they were priests of Anu as well as the guardian angels of that same book. An Egyptian priest in the Necronomicon was appalled at people dressed like this engaging in blood rites. So there is an excuse fr not dressing like a white Klan goblin, and the great White Brotherhood (its namesake being only the woolen robes) is still alive and active in the world today. The misguided fools just don't know where to look. :slap:

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
the most often thinking of that he was in any way a bad person or whatever is in the Book of the Law, his most famous work where he says
"I flap my wings n the face of Muhammed and blind him, I peck at the eyes of Jesus as he hangs on the cross". you must understand that this isn't Crowley talking,

You are right here, it was not Crowley talking - it was Ra Hoor Huit.

What he means in these shuddering verses is that he defies and abhors the old formular of the Dying God.

Remember the Book of the Law served to announce the arrival of the New Aeon - Out of the old Aeon of Osiris and the formula of purification through self-sacrifice, death-resurrection, into the Aeon of Horus, of human god-head.

The procession of Aeons maps out our spiritual journey as a species - from worshipping the Earth ISIS (eg early Paganism, Shamanish) to worhsipping the (birth life death of the Sun OSIRIS (eg late Paganism, Christianity, Islam), to becoming the Sun HORUS.

This is detailed clearly in the preface to the Book of the Law and in many other of Crowley's works.

There is also a photo of him wearing a black robe in an Egyptian temple. the book of Revelations tells us that the great school will come wearing robes of white, ......................and the great White Brotherhood (its namesake being only the woolen robes) is still alive and active in the world today. The misguided fools just don't know where to look. :slap:
Crowley was a man of many robes. What you saw him wearing in that picture was his Golden Dawn attire.

The Great White Brotherhood does have robes of white for both the Probationer and the Adept alike.

It is this same Great White Brotherhood who delivered the Book of the Law to Crowley in 1904...

Mr Cheese

not a satanist maybe...

but then sexual relations with a goat
being kicked out of Italy by Mussolini...
eating his own feces

oh and he climbed a mountain and got past the abyss while high on heroin...

Crowley is really fiflth, in my opinion
He pretty much stole everything
Dedicated his life to giving God the finger
Created the Thelemic Gnostic Mass

etc.

Of course most of the modern occult movement is derived from Uncle Al...
Crowley is of course full of blinds and pitfalls....

no real inititiate woul;d consider crowley worthwhile at all....
but we all have to begin somewhere.

Mr Cheese

oops the OP was from 2006...

I invoke AE Waite to protect this thread...

IAO OAI CHOMP CHOMP OAI IAO

Behold! it is revealed by Aiwass the minister of Hoor-paar-kraat.

waite.jpg

Mr Cheese

You are right here, it was not Crowley talking - it was Ra Hoor Huit.

What he means in these shuddering verses is that he defies and abhors the old formular of the Dying God.

Remember the Book of the Law served to announce the arrival of the New Aeon - Out of the old Aeon of Osiris and the formula of purification through self-sacrifice, death-resurrection, into the Aeon of Horus, of human god-head.

The procession of Aeons maps out our spiritual journey as a species - from worshipping the Earth ISIS (eg early Paganism, Shamanish) to worhsipping the (birth life death of the Sun OSIRIS (eg late Paganism, Christianity, Islam), to becoming the Sun HORUS.

This is detailed clearly in the preface to the Book of the Law and in many other of Crowley's works.

Crowley was a man of many robes. What you saw him wearing in that picture was his Golden Dawn attire.

The Great White Brotherhood does have robes of white for both the Probationer and the Adept alike.

It is this same Great White Brotherhood who delivered the Book of the Law to Crowley in 1904...

How do you deal with all Crowley's faults..and still "follow" him?

out of interest...

It seems to me Thelemites have a bunch of justifications...
wonderign what yours are...

David69

Angel Of The North
Crowley thought that he was the chosen one but that was only I jesting with him 3+3+3=9

no-body

I've never thought of Crowley as "satanic" more like part pt Barnum part Oscar Wilde... just a snake oil salesman who wanted to sleep with young boys and get high on heroin for the rest of his life with little discomfort. Kind of like L. Ron Hubbard except more charismatic.

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
I've never thought of Crowley as "satanic" more like part pt Barnum part Oscar Wilde... just a snake oil salesman who wanted to sleep with young boys and get high on heroin for the rest of his life with little discomfort. Kind of like L. Ron Hubbard except more charismatic.
He had a hedonistic streak (to contrast/compliment his fanatical streak) but your image of him doesn't seem to fit his or other people's accounts of him.

For one thing, young boys? When did Crowley ever show an interest in young boys? Gnarly men, maybe.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
He was not a "Satanist." He was/is misunderstood at most. The man was very brilliant and those serious about magick can surely learn from his work. :yes:

David69

Angel Of The North
im sure his trip in the desert brought him to his demise after an acouter with the demon of the abyss (apart of Lucifer btw)
I think Crowley was Lucifarian but he didnt get the plot! Mess with choronzon when your not ready will bring your demise imo

David69

Angel Of The North
He was not a "Satanist." He was/is misunderstood at most. The man was very brilliant and those serious about magick can surely learn from his work. :yes:

Yeah man he understood chaos.... powerfull Majick. Maybe he was like myself, a subconscious communicator but failed to take control. imo, he had some mind!

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
What some don't realize is that Set too spoke in the "Book of the Law". Most will not agree with this and cast it aside, however, here are some excerpts from the Setian document "The Book of Coming Forth by Night":

"And I Set, spoke too in the Book of the Law - Aye! Listen to the numbers and the words-

4638 ABK29 ALGMOR3YX (24) (89) RPSTOVAL

- What meaneth this, o prophet? Thou knowest not; nor shalt thou know ever. There cometh one to follow thee; he shall expound it."

"And many of the Aeon of HarWer (Horus) sought to read this but could not. Nor could the Magus (Crowley) himself. Though he guessed rightly at its simplicity. It was said that every number is infinite - hence each number or sum of joined numbers became merely the corresponding letter."

The random letters and numbers in the above statement from Liber AL ("The Book of the Law") are explained thusly: 4 is the fourth letter in the alphabet D, 6 is the sixth letter F, 3 is the third letter C, etc. The sum of the joined numbers 24/2+4=6=F and 89/8+9=17=1+7=8=H; in keeping with the consistancy of only a one digit number as the sum. Each letter represents the first letter of a word.

"The Book of Coming Forth by Night" goes on to expound the code:

"Now it has come to pass, and the Book of the Law is laid bare -

"Destined First Century Heir - Aquino - breaking Keys by doctrines Anton LaVey - great Magus of reconsecration coming Year Xeper - founding his rightful Priesthood - Set - true origin Volume AL."

Of course, one can take this or leave it. But in all honesty the coinsidences are quite striking. Dr. Michael Aquino, founding member of the Temple of Set could very well be that second Magus spoken of in the "Book of the Law".

Just something to think about.

I should also add, that as a Setian I also incorporate the Aeonic Word Thelema as a major part of my own Magickal philosophy and practice.

Xeper!
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
:ignore: Adramelek, that's underwhelming. If its to be deciphered that easily then the possible permutations of D F C H A B K B D A L G M O R C Y X F H R P S T O V A L are endless. I could come up with some myself, suggesting I was a Magus of great importance.

If you'd found the key to something substantial like massively available Cold Fusion or something like that I'd consider it cracked.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Scarlett Wampus,

Like I said take it or leave it. All I did was site from the works of others I've read. I'm not the one who "cracked" the code. Truthfully, I'm not sure I buy it either. But I did find it enteresting.

It should also be noted that I wrote that post as a curriosity and nothing more. So don't expect any debate on my end.:rolleyes:

/Adramelek\

Last edited:

David69

Angel Of The North
hmmmm I thought that the book of law was the Torah!

Hey guys, as the chosen one I have a code, a secret code!!!
Hey Adramalek, what was that story with crowley and the demonon of the abyss reguarding this??? That mortal amongst us etc?

Mr Cheese

He had a hedonistic streak (to contrast/compliment his fanatical streak) but your image of him doesn't seem to fit his or other people's accounts of him.

For one thing, young boys? When did Crowley ever show an interest in young boys? Gnarly men, maybe.

Crowley stuck his genitalia in all manner of things.. it was mainly about using them as vessels for energy....

that and because he could...