• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crowd Funded Border Wall Built

Would you likely contribute funds for border fencing?

• Yes: I'd likely contribute funds for border fencing.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • No: I'd probably not contribute funds for border fencing.

Votes: 12 80.0%

• Total voters

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Over $22 million from more than 270,000 donors, one of whom was me who donated $200, so far has been so raised by the We Build the Wall go fund me campaign. This crowd funding effort paid for the construction of border fencing stretching nearly a mile along the border where this completed border security barrier filled a mile gap between 21 mile sections of border security fencing near El Paso, Texas.

we-the-people-build-the-wall-campaign-go-fund-me-update-wednesday-jan-16-2019-1551-pm.jpg

Click here to support We The People Will Build the Wall organized by Brian Kolfage

9e1dbfdc-b5a0-44df-903c-c0b2a2407396-Border_Wall.JPG

I'd like to see more of our border protected by physical barrier structures, and I'd likely contribute to the funding of border walls, which I believe would improve our national security interest as well as promote our nation's economic prosperity.

Would you also likely donate funds for border fencing?

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Is it a cure-all for all of our immigration- and drug/human trafficking-related issues? By no means. Would it still have its benefits based on what I can see of our current situation? Yes, I think so. If the only way to get taxpayer funds to build the wall is at the grassroots level, then so be it.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Crowd sourcing funds for public projects where government process didn't approve the funds?
Meh.

Not talking about the specifics of the wall, really

I was initially skeptical about any border fencing getting done from the We Fund the Wall go fund me campaign, but when Steve Bannon took charge of this campaign. I knew donations from this effort would get some border fencing done.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I was initially skeptical about any border fencing getting done from the We Fund the Wall go fund me campaign, but when Steve Bannon took charge of this campaign. I knew donations from this effort would get some border fencing done.

I stand by my original post.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

After the administrative costs and other assorted fees, they might have enough left over to buy a few boxes of Legos.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
No, it sounds like a scam. Definitely no since that animated rotting corpse, Steve Bannon, is heading it. He's just controlled opposition derailing the nationalist movement.

Ellen Brown

Don't be shy, tell us how you really feel!:p

I am very surprised to have people try to back me into the corner about immigration because it is something I feel very strongly about. I am half Cherokee, adopted a Korean girl who is now 36, and have been to Honduras and Kenya as a Missionary, trying to help ease the pain in the world. For me, we "are all God's children" and what I am hearing nowadays makes me feel ashamed of the American people. It is Americans and their hedonistic ways that created the southern refugee issue, and all we seem to do is scream for more drugs and alcohol.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I am very surprised to have people try to back me into the corner about immigration because it is something I feel very strongly about. I am half Cherokee, adopted a Korean girl who is now 36, and have been to Honduras and Kenya as a Missionary, trying to help ease the pain in the world. For me, we "are all God's children" and what I am hearing nowadays makes me feel ashamed of the American people. It is Americans and their hedonistic ways that created the southern refugee issue, and all we seem to do is scream for more drugs and alcohol.

Border security barriers along with screening equipment and body cavity searches at legal ports of entry will keep narcotics out of our nation.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
It is Americans and their hedonistic ways that created the southern refugee issue, and all we seem to do is scream for more drugs and alcohol.

Even if 0 Americans used drugs from south of the border. We would still have immigration issues. The U.S is a great country to live in. That's why we get so much immigration. And there is nothing wrong with that, but they need to come legally and do it the right way. Granted the path to citizenship is hard in the U.S. So we need to make a better path so that people can legally immigrate more easily. But open borders policy is no good.

Having a border and enforcing it being evil? That is just not true. If we had motion detecting gun turrets on the border, sure.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The CBP has repeatedly said it needs more personnel and updated equipment, not so much more wall, so I'll not contribute to Trump's Fantasy built on racism and zenophobia.