• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Critique of falsification criteria of Popper

questfortruth

That criteria isn't enough. Birds have too low a bone density, cats and bears don't have opposible thumbs, they have all evolved differently. Apes show striking similarity in almost every function.
There are fundamental differences between apes and humans as well. Do not ignore them. For example, apes are in forests, humans are in Churches. And apes have more hair, dark skin only (no white race), etc.

darkskies

The Flying Spaghetti church is not a joke any longer, it gives the atheist the illusion of comfort and peace. The supporting community.
Demonstrably false.
Science can not disprove any of the religions, because it is not Theology. The reason is lack of spirituality, not the lack of desire/intention.
You're right. I did generalise, sorry.
"Saints and humans" division is not appeal to authority, they are standing fundamentally on different levels. Why? Because the highest level of existence is God.
You were still appealing to authority. Facts remain facts nonetheless.

darkskies

There are fundamental differences between apes and humans as well. Do not ignore them. For example, apes are in forests, humans are in Churches. And apes have more hair, dark skin only (no white race), etc.
True, the other apes are different than humans.

And I am a human and not in a church :D

questfortruth

You're right.

Bad sign: an atheist agreed with me without repentance. I am losing the touch with reality, I need to go to confession.

But seriously, why don't you stay away from the subject of science, which every post makes clear you don't understand in the slightest?

Because I have proven the Riemann Hypothesis, Goldbach Conjecture, ABC conjecture, Puankare Conjecture, and discovered the nature of Dark Matter. Others simply do not recognize a talent, if they see it; it is just like the God case. God is too good to be seen as what He really is.

I am a human and not in a church

It is not to be proud of. All our great ancestors, including Charles Darwin and Newton, are Church-people.

QuestioningMind

I like fairytales. Our life is in fact one because an electron is a wave and particle at the same time. Thus: no logic in wave-particle dualism. Our world is a fairytale because it is reality+illusion. Good illusion, we must not get rid of good illusion: it is part of life, like the run of time is the illusion in Einstein's worldview. Dates of history are real, but the run of the clocks is an illusion.

How nice. Any reason why you avoided answering the question?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
There are fundamental differences between apes and humans as well.

The accuracy of that statement depends on the definition of "apes".
If you mean every-day usage of the term to simply refer to all great apes except humans, then yes there are differences.

If you mean the biological classification of "ape", then your statement makes zero sense as humans are apes biologically.

Then it would be like saying that there are "fundamental differences" between humans and mammals.

Off course, there are none in context of biology, as humans ARE mammals. And apes.

For example, apes are in forests, humans are in Churches.

Humans are in forests too.

And apes have more hair, dark skin only (no white race), etc.

Have you ever gotten goosebumps? What do you think those bumps are?

Also, oerang oetangs have different color then chimps. Chimps have different color then silverbacks.
All are apes.