• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Critique is a form of teaching....

Orbit

I'm a planet
For as long as i can remember i been disliking being critiqued for who i am, what i believe in, what i do what i say and so on. during the time today i reading RF comments on some of my own OP. and realized, Hey those guys are not mean, they have different opinion, different understanding of me, and what they do is expressing their views, expressing their opinion of what i write here. But even some comments was more personal toward me, it did not hurt as it used to do. I did not feel the "hate" i thought i felt before when reading critique.

If someone in the past said "you are not a true believer" that could be when i was a buddhist and it is now when i am a muslim, those kind of coments hurt the most. But today i realized, its their view of me, that does not mean it is true. So instead of being mad, i took the teaching in to my heart and embrace those words as teaching, not as a critique.

Critique only means a different approch to a topic, or a comment on something someone disagree with you on.
So if someone critique, it means you have more to learn, doen`t it?

Not all critique is equally valid. Do consider the source, understanding, and sincerity of the poster. Don't take anything personally, though--after all this is the internet and everyone has 100 opinions, which may or may not be valid.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Not all critique is equally valid. Do consider the source, understanding, and sincerity of the poster. Don't take anything personally, though--after all this is the internet and everyone has 100 opinions, which may or may not be valid.
True, taking positive learning from both critique and praise is May be a good way to do it. But not get attached to negative or positive feedback, just take it as it is

Heyo

Veteran Member
For as long as i can remember i been disliking being critiqued for who i am, what i believe in, what i do what i say and so on. during the time today i reading RF comments on some of my own OP. and realized, Hey those guys are not mean, they have different opinion, different understanding of me, and what they do is expressing their views, expressing their opinion of what i write here. But even some comments was more personal toward me, it did not hurt as it used to do. I did not feel the "hate" i thought i felt before when reading critique.

If someone in the past said "you are not a true believer" that could be when i was a buddhist and it is now when i am a muslim, those kind of coments hurt the most. But today i realized, its their view of me, that does not mean it is true. So instead of being mad, i took the teaching in to my heart and embrace those words as teaching, not as a critique.

Critique only means a different approch to a topic, or a comment on something someone disagree with you on.
So if someone critique, it means you have more to learn, doen`t it?
Some critique is constructive, some is meant destructive and from the later one can also derive some knowledge when viewed from the correct angle. But sometimes one has to simply ignore it.
Dislike of critique and test situations is human. In the worst case it could mean to be deemed not fit for the community. That's why we fear it.
But often that fear is irrational. It can help us to improve on what is under critique. It is better to have something proof read by a friend or colleague than embarrass oneself before a public audience or a customer.
And this thinking has become part of our work culture.

He works lots, makes lots of errors.
He who works less, makes less errors.
He who makes no errors gets promoted.

The only field that has a somewhat decent error culture is science. Failure is always an option and each failure is seen as an increase of knowledge. Papers get published with the expressed (or at least implied) invitation of critique. Scientists may either have seen the irrationality of their fear or they can trust on the good intentions of their peers - or both.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That you can't see tt is a Sign.

Try a bit.
I see hundreds of sign within sufism and it become more easy the more I leave attachments to this world. Like those times i got angry or frustrated by peoples critique. But now i found it good to hear what others say.

Audie

Veteran Member
I see hundreds of sign within sufism and it become more easy the more I leave attachments to this world. Like those times i got angry or frustrated by peoples critique. But now i found it good to hear what others say.
Your "within sufism" is a little clue to what you
have sealed away from any consideration.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Didn't say you are doing so wrong, just figuring your mind isn't likely to be anywhere as open and receptive as you may fancy.
I would think my mind is very open in many cases, and somewhat closed in other cases. But thank you for the feedback. it is always good to hear the thought from those who see life different than i do.