• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Criticism of Islam.

stevecanuck

My stance is I don't think any who does not take a stand against oppressors such as US and Israel has a chance to enter paradise whether the proof of Islam is presented to them or not.

I believe all that don't take a stand will be raised as murderers and oppressors towards innocents.

It sounds as though you are prepared to obey verse 9:111 (Allah has purchased of the believers their lives and their properties; for the price that theirs shall be the Paradise. They fight in Allah's Cause, so they kill and are killed).

Which jihad group do you belong to, and where do you plan to attack?

stevecanuck

I think the religion too, has very serious issues.

Too much had happened already for me to think its a peaceful religion. It's not. It's a largely terrorist religion in reality.

That said I agree I hate the religion but I don't hate every Muslim if that makes any sense.

That makes all sorts of sense. Just because a person is born into (and therefore forced into) Islam does not mean he wants to "fight in the cause of God". In fact, verse 2:216 recognizes as much, but still urges such people to fight anyway - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knows, and ye know not".

firedragon

Veteran Member
It sounds as though you are prepared to obey verse 9:111 (Allah has purchased of the believers their lives and their properties; for the price that theirs shall be the Paradise. They fight in Allah's Cause, so they kill and are killed).

Website scholarship.

firedragon

Veteran Member

Link plans to attack a honeypot in Asia. The bee's have too much of it and anyway bears are gonna take em. A blind ant will put Jihad into places they dont know because he cant read anything anyway.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
This thread is opened for the expose of Islam and Muslims. One could discuss people, the theology, men, women, hate, love, everything and anything they want. Its particularly opened because it is an avenue to discuss openly and avoid discussion of this topic in every single thread.

There are not many Muslims in this forum, but maybe one or two will respond.

Thanks and Peace.
Back in my 20's, when I first studied Islam, I ran into several insurmountable problems: its misogyny, its antisemitism, and the age at which Muhammad consummated his marriage to Aisha. In addition to this, it just seemed to me that were much simpler explanations of the writing of the Quran than some angelic vision -- Muhammad simply had a lot of exposure to Jews and Arian Christians, and had a creative imagination. Many of the arguments for the perfection of the Quran were simply not true; we know for example, that there were at one time many versions of the Quran before Caliph Uthman destroyed all editions except the one he preferred. In the end, I appreciate the fact that Muslims worship God and are good decent human beings, but it was just not the religion for me.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Your god hates atheism. Literally hundreds of verses make that extremely clear. One of my "favorites" is 2:98 - "Allah Ado al kafarina" (God is the enemy of unbelievers").

Hmm. So you are an expert in arabic right?

Its cute you cherry picked from a cherry picked verse because you dont know anything else. Very cute. And please dont make up new languages. Its not Ado al kafarina. There is no "Ado" sound in arabic. Aww.

Can you explain what "yakaffara bissilahi" mean in Quranic arabic?

IndigoChild5559

What did you study?
I read the Quran, many of the hadith, and a good deal of Arabic literature (just to get a feel for the culture in which Islam originated). I took a university course on the subject, made many muslim friends with whom I had a lot of late night conversations. I attended a mosque. In short, I gave Islam a chance. But I was not convinced.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Ehm, yes, it is.

Hmm. No problem. So lets go down that road.

You spoke of the typical, day to day anti islamic rhetoric of Aisha getting married to Muhammed at some young age right?

Can you tell me who is the head of the Isnad in that hadith and why its authentic? Thanks.

IndigoChild5559

What was the scope of this course? Textual Criticism of the Qur'an perhaps?
It was a typical university course. It examined the life of Muhammed, his influences, his actions, his claims... It covered the five pillars, various controversies, the differences between i.e. sunnis, shia, and sufis... and more. It of course examined Islam from the outside, which is good to get an objective view, but is no substitute for the talks with my muslim friends who knew the religion from the inside or with the direct experience I had with attending the local mosque.

firedragon

Veteran Member
It was a typical university course. It examined the life of Muhammed, his influences, his actions, his claims... It covered the five pillars, various controversies, the differences between i.e. sunnis, shia, and sufis... and more. It of course examined Islam from the outside, which is good to get an objective view, but is no substitute for the talks with my muslim friends who knew the religion from the inside or with the direct experience I had with attending the local mosque.

Hmm. Good.

IndigoChild5559

Hmm. No problem. So lets go down that road.

You spoke of the typical, day to day anti islamic rhetoric of Aisha getting married to Muhammed at some young age right?

Can you tell me who is the head of the Isnad in that hadith and why its authentic? Thanks.
Sahih al-Bukhari's hadith says "that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old."

This is the only hadith that discusses the age of Aisha when Muhammad began having sex with her. Although not all muslims accept this today, it has traditionally been accepted. "The Sahih Bukhari collection of Hadiths is considered to be the most authentic collection of the teachings and sayings of the Prophet " https://www.amazon.com/Sahih-al-Buk...n of,being transmitted orally for generations.