• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Criticism of Islam.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Which god? Whose god? Whose interpretation of whose god?

Oh, I see. YOUR GOD! As interpreted by YOUR holy men. Is your Quran interpreted the same by all Muslims? If so, why do they kill each other?

There is long and short version to reply to this. I've been talking about it through out the time I'm here. Tell me if you want a short version or long version?

stevecanuck

One ardent Islam supporter who cannot defend what he knows is indefensible; the same Islam supporter who would ignore that man's actions are guided by the interpretations of scripture.

How do you account for the ban on teaching boys and girls equally? Do you suppose that those in favor of banning education for girls have never read your holy book? Absurd! It has been read, it has been interpreted. Your argument is not with me. It should be directed to those who would treat females as lesser. Unless, of course, you agree with them. Do you?

The Quranic Arabic Corpus - Translation has your answer. Any observant Muslim who reads, "Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has made one of them to excel the other", KNOWS that women are lesser.

firedragon

Veteran Member
KNOWS that women are lesser.

Maybe you think women are lesser and are trying your best to impose it upon the text.

But see, it is not said in that verse. You are imposing it. ;)

Why dont you put some time in study instead?

It says one of them excels the other. Doesn't say women are lesser. That is your inference. I know that some men who have a bit of a superiority complex have interpreted it the way, but there have been many who didnt. And certainly the text doesn't say that. Maybe if you could read some work like the Mudawwana you will understand a tad.

ecco

Veteran Member
There is long and short version to reply to this. I've been talking about it through out the time I'm here. Tell me if you want a short version or long version?
Don't duck and dodge. Just address the questions in any way you choose.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Hamas should make peace with Israel but only with right of Palestinians to return, and Iran advocation is that it becomes one democracy, not a two state solution but Palestinians if they wish a two state solution they can. But in my view, the Apartheid state has to end, and one state solution where it will be hard, but it must happen, is that Palestinians have the right to return and Israelis and Palestinians live together under one democratic government.

It's not that Hamas doesn't want peace, is that they are bullied to unacceptable two state solution where they have hardly anything. They won't compromise to that.

I believe at one time it was one democracy but the ones who left destabilized that and now Hamas has expressed only a desire for all Jews to be expelled. That can never bring peace. Perhaps a better idea would be a federation which would be like two states united into one state. That is what the Unite States is 50 states united into one state.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I don't believe Muslims go to Heaven. Do you have a scripture that says they do?

Show me in the New Testament where it is says verbatim by Jesus "Christians go to heaven"? ;) The word didnt exist when he was alive.

Dont ask for other peoples scriptures when you cant have yours say what you want it to say.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I believe at one time it was one democracy but the ones who left destabilized that and now Hamas has expressed only a desire for all Jews to be expelled. That can never bring peace. Perhaps a better idea would be a federation which would be like two states united into one state. That is what the Unite States is 50 states united into one state.
Let's face it. right now, the governments of Israel, Gaza, and the West Bank, NONE of them are interested in pursuing a two state solution. It's gone from bad to worse.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Where has Hamas said all Jews must be expelled? If they do, this is not Hezbollah and Iran stance. Khamanei (ha) has repeated one state solution and end of Israel doesn't mean either Jews are killed nor expelled, but end to apartheid and oppressive regime into one state solution with right of Palestinians to return.

I doubt Hamas says different, but if you can show that, I'm curious.