• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Critical thinking

Pah

Uber all member
Not speaking of ReligiousForums but of society in general, is this true?

Critical thinking would be important to the well being of our society for many reasons except for the fact that hardly anyone ever uses it. If people used critical thinking all the time society would be a very different place. People would actually think about what they were going to say and what it means before they said it. It would prevent a lot of conflict because people would stop themselves from saying ignorant and offensive things. Also people would not be as easily influenced by the media and other peoples opinions because they would think about the message behind them. Society as a whole is so quick to believe what the media and/or people of authority have to say that they hardly ever take the time to consider other options. People would be much more likely to form their own opinions and stick to them with information and facts to back it up. I think that people in society would get along better if they took the time to use critical thinking. Even though almost nothing but positive things would come out of everyone thinking critically it will never happen because of the way society is. People are much more likely to follow someone else’s opinion then to take the time to come up with their own.

http://www.freeessays.cc/db/44/smu36.shtml

cardero

Citizen Mod
At one time I was very outspoken (no really,I was) and I am sure this quick off- the- top of my head manner of speech was very abrasive to some people. Now I am able to keep my integrity and my honesty intact by utilizing critical thinking. In other words it is not what you say but how you say it.
I also try to use critical thinking when I compose my posts.