• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creepiness. My philosophy regarding creeps.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I don't want to call the person a creep but some of the things he talks about in group kind of gross me out , (maybe my threads at RF do that to some?) and I keep feeling like he's coming on to me.

I try to ignore him as much as possible, but he keeps approaching me. He seems like he is NOT a sociopath , and is, as a general rule, kind to people.

I'm actually glad people come on to me in ways that make me feel uncomfortable, because it reminds me that I have my own creepiness I need to fight , and makes me understand how women I came on to feel.

I need to respect women who have been standoffish with me, because I know what it is like when someone you find repugnant comes on to you.

Or not necessarily repugnant, but it seems like someone is flirting with you , and you don't find them appealing, or they make you feel uncomfortable. Ever had that happen? Care to share?

Im glad it happens to me. I've even been lied to and manipulated by people who offer money and stuff, who won't take no for an answer , and I have to establish boundaries and kick them out of my place and life, even threaten them, or physically push them away or restrain them

Why is that good?

It makes me want to uproot my creepy vices, pull the weeds in the soil of my soul, plant some good seeds, flowers of virtue, water the good fruit and flowers with prayer, charity, good deeds, and self-discipline.

I'm also kinda glad I have a struggle with creepiness, because it gives me compassion for creepy people.

Many of them can not see their faults and did not ask for those temptations or vices.

Thoughts?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I've got a creep in my life right now. She's ridiculously rich and throws money around to get others to do what she wants. I don't want her money. She gets mad at me when I won't accept her gifts. Tough tooties.

Overly confident men creep me out, too. I don't mean ones that feel secure or good about themselves, but have a struggle with "I'm not attracted to you". I've had to slap a few faces in my day, but for whatever reason, the biggest deterrent seems to be the phrase "you're too old for me." It doesn't matter how old they are, this seems to really tick them off. Then they go away. I've only had one not go away while using this phrase, and he seemed to get more threatening(though someone else came to my rescue).

PureX

Veteran Member
It might be helpful to try and figure out what "creepy" means to you. How you identify it as such.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It might be helpful to try and figure out what "creepy" means to you. How you identify it as such.
A person who clearly is coming on to me sexually, asking for favors, offering favors, offering money, offering other stuff, touching or words that make me feel uncomfortable.

A person repeatedly talking about sexual remarks in a way that makes me uncomfortable.

Unbridled, unrestrained, excessive sexual fixation strikes me as creepy, which I have at times been guilty of.

But a woman I have feelings for could be obsessed with me and have it manifest itself like that

I find that not creepy, or creepy in an adorable way. I have experienced that, but it is exceptionally rare. :(

:D