• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Creationist: Yes, a Boy Drowned at My Park, But His Siblings 'Had a Blast Here' "

Skwim

Veteran Member
"Yesterday, Creationist Kent Hovind spoke on his daily YouTube show about the 7-year-old boy who drowned at his “Dinosaur Adventure Land” (a low-budget Creation Museum) on Sunday.

The boy had allegedly slipped on a dock and fallen into a pond before being proclaimed dead at a local hospital.

Instead of expressing any sympathy for the family, or explaining how things would change at the park moving forward, Hovind briefly discussed what happened, before talking about how the rest of the family’s day was just great and mocking someone on Twitter who noted the incident occurred.

(04:17- 05:50)

The video in the OP isn't working right now, and
if this is still the case you can access it
HERE
The relevant comment occurs at: 04:17- 05:50

We had, this last Sunday, rumors going around the internet about an accidental drowning here at Dinosaur Adventure Land, and it’s true. There was a family with five kids, twin seven-year-olds, all playing in the lake together. The water was three feet deep. Suddenly the dad noticed that Steven, the 7-year-old, was gone. And he apparently slipped on the dock and hit his head. Nobody saw. We don’t know. But he did drown in our lake. And we tried — [to someone off-screen] your wife is a medical doctor, and she’s right there on the scene with him. As soon as she got him out of the water — we don’t know how long he was underwater — she gave him CPR, probably did everything right, took him to the hospital…

[Chatter off-screen]

Yeah, I mean… it’s just… too late. We don’t know what happened.

Anyway, the kids had a blast here, and the dad wants to bring all the kids back and loves the place…"

source

My point in bringing this up: there is absolutely no expression of sympathy whatsoever.

"Instead of expressing any sympathy for the family, or explaining how things would change at the park moving forward, Hovind briefly discussed what happened, before talking about how the rest of the family’s day was just great and mocking someone* on Twitter who noted the incident occurred."
In fact:

"Anyway, the kids had a blast here,"
"Anyway"!!!?

That "someone's" notation of the incident is Robert Baty whose Twitter account of it can be found here: Robert Baty (@BatyvHovind) | Twitter

More specifically: Drowning at Kent Hovind Conpound! – Kent Hovind v. Robert Baty – The Great Debates!

Last edited:

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
So do you think he is heartless because he is a creationist? Or because a Christian in general? Are you going to post links to reports on atheists who act this way (of course you won't)?

Skwim

Veteran Member
So do you think he is heartless because he is a creationist? Or because a Christian in general?
I think he's heartless because he's simply Kent Hovind. Look how he has absolutely no compunctions about labeling himself a doctor,

2TS7IlbNGjQ-640x360.jpg

telling the world he has a PhD. A PhD awarded by Patriot University: (Now Patriot Bible University) an unaccredited Independent Baptist correspondence school run by Franklin “Wayne” Knight. As a senior pastor at Hilltop Baptist Church, Knight lost his congregation because of his failure to report his niece's sexual abuse of a minor.and was charged with being an accessory to it.

PatriotU_Crop.jpg
pbubuilding.jpg

I give you Patriot Bible University. All 1,600 sq ft. of it.

And if you really want to read something sad then read Hovind's doctoral dissertation:. http://wlstorage.net/file/kent-hovind-doctoral-dissertation.pdf
In addition, here is an appraisal of the dissertation. The Dissertation Kent Hovind Doesn't Want You to Read
Kent Hovind, also known as Dr. Dino, had 58 felony convictions and was given a ten-year prison sentence.

Are you going to post links to reports on atheists who act this way (of course you won't)?
Find a prominent atheist who acts the same way and I'll be happy to.

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
So do you think he is heartless because he is a creationist? Or because a Christian in general? Are you going to post links to reports on atheists who act this way (of course you won't)?
Is it okay for Hovind to behave this way because he's a creationist? Because he's a Christian in general? Because there wasn't a link to an atheist behaving similarly?

Is that really what you want to say in this thread?
Tom

Gambrinus

accumulative error
Well at least he went to the hospital. Then he handed out flyers for "Dinosaur Adventure Land".

Regiomontanus

I think he's heartless because he's simply Kent Hovind. Look how he has absolutely no compunctions about labeling himself a doctor,

2TS7IlbNGjQ-640x360.jpg

telling the world he has a PhD. A PhD awarded by Patriot University: (Now Patriot Bible University) an unaccredited Independent Baptist correspondence school run by Franklin “Wayne” Knight. As a senior pastor at Hilltop Baptist Church, Knight lost his congregation because of his failure to report his niece's sexual abuse of a minor.and was charged with being an accessory to it.

PatriotU_Crop.jpg
pbubuilding.jpg

I give you Patriot Bible University., All 1,600 sq ft. of it.

And if you really want to read something sad just read Hovind's doctoral dissertation:. http://wlstorage.net/file/kent-hovind-doctoral-dissertation.pdf

Kent Hovind, also known as Dr. Dino, who had 58 felony convictions and was given a ten-year prison sentence.

Find a prominent atheist who acts the same way and I'll be happy to.

Oh it's that dude! I read his dissertation before - absolutely hilarious!

Regiomontanus

Is it okay for Hovind to behave this way because he's a creationist? Because he's a Christian in general? Because there wasn't a link to an atheist behaving similarly?

Is that really what you want to say in this thread?
Tom

Seeing it was Skwim who started this thread I was just curious as to whether he was attributing it to Christianity or that dude's particular fundamentalist brand of it. No one should behave the way he did, regardless of their beliefs.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I was just curious as to whether he was attributing it to Christianity or that dude's particular fundamentalist brand of it.
How can I tell the difference between someone who firmly and publicly believes in Jesus Christ and some "particular fundamentalist"?

What does Christian mean?
Tom

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Kent Hovind is a scumbag. A lying dishonest idiot who has been mocked by pretty much anyone with a passing familiarity with biology. Guess I can now add heartless to that list.

Regiomontanus

How can I tell the difference between someone who firmly and publicly believes in Jesus Christ and some "particular fundamentalist"?

What does Christian mean?
Tom

Is there a difference (your first question)?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Is there a difference (your first question)?
As far as I can tell, no.
There's no difference between people who consider themselves Christian and Christians. There is no objective standard for Christian.

That's different from Christian denominations. Catholics, Baptists, Mormons, whatever, are all Christians because they consider themselves such.

Since there isn't an objective standard they're all Christians if they consider themselves to be one. Lots of Christians are rather more exclusive, keeping out anybody who doesn't agree with them about theological or political or social issues.

I don't see things that way.
Tom

Regiomontanus

As far as I can tell, no.
There's no difference between people who consider themselves Christian and Christians. There is no objective standard for Christian.

That's different from Christian denominations. Catholics, Baptists, Mormons, whatever, are all Christians because they consider themselves such.

Since there isn't an objective standard they're all Christians if they consider themselves to be one. Lots of Christians are rather more exclusive, keeping out anybody who doesn't agree with them about theological or political or social issues.

I don't see things that way.
Tom

Yes there has been much diversity of thought among self-identified Christians since the crucifixion. Being a follower of Jesus, his ministry, would be a common core but things diverge from there.