• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Creationist Ken Ham Wants To Make Sure Kids Have The Crappiest Halloween Ever"

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
On the back of his Dino Dollar

"If there is a god, do you think you are a good person and will go to heaven? Let's look at the Ten Commandments . . . Have you ever lied, stolen, hated or dishonored your parents? Have you ever looked with lust? That's the same as committing adultery in your heart...If you've broken just one of these Commandments god sees you as guilty of sin... The penalty of sin is death and eternity in hell. Do you see the predicament you're in? God knows your every thought and deed, and your conscience confirms you're guilty"
Have a nice time in hell, kid.

Hey it says If there is a God he is leaving you an opening

David1967

Premium Member
If I take a million dollar dino bill to a Xian store,
are they required to honor it, & make change?

Uhmm, no. If offered for payment in my store, the most you would get is a laugh.....Unless it had a really cool dinosaur like a T Rex, which according to Mr. Ham lived around 5000 years ago.:eek:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Uhmm, no. If offered for payment in my store, the most you would get is a laugh.....Unless it had a really cool dinosaur like a T Rex, which according to Mr. Ham lived around 5000 years ago.:eek:
What about the gift shop in Ham's own theme park?
Tom

DavidFirth

On the back of his Dino Dollar

"If there is a god, do you think you are a good person and will go to heaven? Let's look at the Ten Commandments . . . Have you ever lied, stolen, hated or dishonored your parents? Have you ever looked with lust? That's the same as committing adultery in your heart...If you've broken just one of these Commandments god sees you as guilty of sin... The penalty of sin is death and eternity in hell. Do you see the predicament you're in? God knows your every thought and deed, and your conscience confirms you're guilty"
Have a nice time in hell, kid.

You didn't let him get to the good part of how Christ saved us by dying on the cross. You ruined it.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
He's credible but perhaps too direct with children. I wouldn't teach them the Gospel that way.

This is OT, so feel free to not answer, but what's wrong with direct? My issue is more around appropriating other people's celebrations (I would readily defend Christmas if there actually was a war on it, for example).
If God would burn children for all eternity if they told a lie and hadn't accepted Jesus, then why dress up the message? God is what he is, and apparently he's a little fragile in terms of ego.

(okay, so the last was a little tongue in cheek, but still...)

DavidFirth

This is OT, so feel free to not answer, but what's wrong with direct? My issue is more around appropriating other people's celebrations (I would readily defend Christmas if there actually was a war on it, for example).
If God would burn children for all eternity if they told a lie and hadn't accepted Jesus, then why dress up the message? God is what he is, and apparently he's a little fragile in terms of ego.

(okay, so the last was a little tongue in cheek, but still...)

What do you mean? Aren't you condemning Ken Ham for what he said?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
What do you mean? Aren't you condemning Ken Ham for what he said?

Not on this occassion, no. It's more that I think he should leave people to their celebrations.
In general terms I find the worship of a being he thinks burns fellow humans for all eternity either odd or slavish, but dressing it up prettier for children isn't 'better'.

DavidFirth

Not on this occassion, no. It's more that I think he should leave people to their celebrations.
In general terms I find the worship of a being he thinks burns fellow humans for all eternity either odd or slavish, but dressing it up prettier for children isn't 'better'.

Well, when I testified to my grandchildren I didn't do it that way. I just told them the positive side of God, Jesus and Christianity. After that they asked me about hell and then I told them about what the Bible says about it.

They didn't accept Christianity right away but they both did later and were baptized.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Who does Ken Ham think he is? Jack Chick?

Now that's a real Halloween scare!

Prepare eggs for bombing!!!!

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Not the same thing. I doubt seriously that Mr. Ham is trying to scare anybody.
Really???? This is on the back of his "Dino Bucks" that he is telling his cult followers to hand to children! Little children. Tell me if this does sound like terrorizing children to you?

"If there is a God, do you think you are a good person and will go to heaven? ..... God sees you as guilty of sin! The penalty of sin is death and eternity in hell! Do you see the predicament you're in? God knows your every thought, word, and deed, and your conscience confirms that you're guilty! What will you say in your defense? No amount of good works will help your case! An eternal fine must be paid!"​

I just replaced the periods with exclamation points since that is how a child will hear it. Poor children, made to be afraid of God! "You're bad Billy! God will send you to hell!!!" If I were a child of five and some adult told me this, I'd be terrified of God. How putrid is this?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I just want to add to this, based on the quote from his "Dino Bucks" filth he gives to children to terrorize them with, I think it's safe to say Ken Ham serves the Devil. His soul is rotten, as he wears his Jesus mask to conceal his rot and make it look like Truth.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I still don't see how it's supposed to be wanting them to have the crappiest Halloween ever.
I think because instead of getting treats and smiles and funny costumes, you get a grotesque religious track from the slimy fingers of Satan's minister, like finding a fresh stink pie in your bag of treats.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I still don't see how it's supposed to be wanting them to have the crappiest Halloween ever.
Well, let's see. Kids go trick or treating to get candy. They go to one of Ham's boneheads and instead of getting candy they get a Dino Dollar that warns, “Have you ever lied, stolen or used God’s name in vain?” “If so, you’ve broken God’s law. The penalty for your crimes against God is death and eternal hell.” which has a good chance of giving them the willies if not scaring them. Nice touch Ham. And Ham knows this is what it will likely do. After all, the whole purpose in telling people about hell is to scare them into accepting Jesus. So while it may not turn Halloween into the crappiest one a kid ever has, it could easily turn it into one of the most disturbing, which is what Ham wants to do. Disturb kids enough so they will turn to Jesus.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Having had lots and lots of opportunity to see Ken Ham and understand his level of intelligent common sense (I'm not going to define that, so don't ask!), I have to wonder why anybody with an IQ larger than their neck size would give a rat's tush what he thinks?

Except, of course -- and sadly -- he will (along with his acolytes) ruin many children's innocent pleasures and teach them how to be really good at stupidity, prejudice, fear and hate. Those are, after all, that kind of fundamentalist's true "gifts" to the world.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Got my million dollar bills, they are good quality I like the ark one the best. The dinosaur looks fake. Not a fan of the writing on the back my plan is to glue them together both fronts out and give everyone at work 1,000,000 dollars as a Halloween trick.