• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Creationist: Churches Should Hoard Toilet Paper and Preach to Those Who Want It"

Skwim

Veteran Member

"In a post made to the Answers in Genesis website yesterday, Creationist Ken Ham propagated a list of ways churches could response to the coronavirus pandemic.. He didn’t write it, but the endorsement is loud and clear.

And what’s on that list? A sensible recommendation to purchase high-demand personal hygiene products that people may need… followed by an utterly selfish way to proselytize:

_111126717_gettyimages-1044769034.jpg

Have someone creative and biblical write a tract for distribution to each person receiving the personal hygiene products. What a travesty to meet people’s physical needs and neglect to tell them about their most important spiritual need: a relationship with the Creator Redeemer Jesus Christ.

These people create targets in every situation. It’s disgusting. It’s never enough to just help people in need. Every interaction is a marketing opportunity or it’s pointless.
source

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There are so many out there now that's it's hard to avoid finding targets if one looks for them.

whirlingmerc

"In a post made to the Answers in Genesis website yesterday, Creationist Ken Ham propagated a list of ways churches could response to the coronavirus pandemic.. He didn’t write it, but the endorsement is loud and clear.

And what’s on that list? A sensible recommendation to purchase high-demand personal hygiene products that people may need… followed by an utterly selfish way to proselytize:

Have someone creative and biblical write a tract for distribution to each person receiving the personal hygiene products. What a travesty to meet people’s physical needs and neglect to tell them about their most important spiritual need: a relationship with the Creator Redeemer Jesus Christ.

These people create targets in every situation. It’s disgusting. It’s never enough to just help people in need. Every interaction is a marketing opportunity or it’s pointless.
source

God deserves their worship.... so what's the problem?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

source
Hey Hammy boy, there's something called the holy garden hose. Shove it up your ***, turn on the spicket, and wallah! All cleaned out! And no need for polluting my environment with your dirty toilet paper.

Love and kisses, God.

whirlingmerc

A god who condones slavery, practices genocide and infanticide, and creates evil? Hey, go right ahead and worship away.

God did not 'condone slavery'

In fact some of the most striking passages are on setting captives free and even letting escaped slaves dwell among you

Deut 23:15
“You shall not give up to his master a slave who has escaped from his master to you.

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member
God did not 'condone slavery'

Exodus 20:22 (ESV)
And the Lord said to Moses . . . .

. . . .Exodus 21
Laws About Slaves
1"Now these are the rules that you shall set before them.

2 When you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing.

4 If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out alone.

5 But if the slave plainly says, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,’ 6 then his master shall bring him to God, and he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost. And his master shall bore his ear through with an awl, and he shall be his slave forever.

7 “When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do.

20 “When a man strikes his slave, male or female, with a rod and the slave dies under his hand, he shall be avenged.

21 But if the slave survives a day or two, he is not to be avenged, for the slave is his money.

26 “When a man strikes the eye of his slave, male or female, and destroys it, he shall let the slave go free because of his eye.

27 If he knocks out the tooth of his slave, male or female, he shall let the slave go free because of his tooth.

32 If the ox gores a slave, male or female, the owner shall give to their master thirty shekels[e] of silver, and the ox shall be stoned.

Ephesians 6:9

Masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.

Colossians 4:1

Masters, provide your slaves with what is right and fair, because you know that you also have a Master in heaven.

1 Peter 2:18

18 Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

source
It has a long tradition, reminding me of the Irish "take the soup" tactic.
Souperism - Wikipedia

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
A god who condones slavery, practices genocide and infanticide, and creates evil? Hey, go right ahead and worship away.

Oh, and incidentally, if it is believed that god created the world and all its wonders then he created the coronavirus.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I just invented a superhero whose super power is converting Catholics to Protestants.
"Souperman"