• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creationism and Evolution. Conflict or reconciliation.

Smokey2141

Metis,
Still would not mind writing to you via p.m. link whatever that is. You would find me more amenable than SZ. Could let you look at my website to check me out.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It says it all, really, If you could substantiate your claims you would have done it. Wind up merchants do not tend last very long. Everyone but you can see your slip.

You see another slip. You need proof and you don't have any. I was not the one who forgot to engage their brain before making statements. It takes and requires only personal proof, the type that causes miracles to happen and the type of power and understanding beyond your ability to cope with. WUM'S get no respect and those who know what I am talking about will give you a wide berth if they want a sensible and worthwhile debate.
I can support what I claim. I seriously doubt that you can do the same. There were no slips, though it does irritate me a bit when people lie about others.

What do you need support for? What claims are you making that you think that you can support? One thing that you have to remember, until the Bible is shown to be accurate it is merely the claim and not the evidence. And with all of the errors in the Bible I doubt if you can ever support the "word of God" nonsense.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I am a long ways from you, also happily married to a woman so unlikely. I scanned your responses and liked them, was born in Michigan, and like restore antique stained glass windows.... What is the p.m link?
Just out of curiosity, what kind of antique stained glass windows? Have you ever worked on any by Louis Comfort Tiffany? I got into glass a bit when I used to sell reproduction Tiffany lamps. I sold ones that were definitely higher end than those on TV. The closest that I ever got to a real Tiffany is when a customer brought in a Tiffany base. Not a reproduction. He did not like any of the Tiffany reproduction shades that we had but he did go for a Duffner and Kimberly repro.

Smokey2141

Actually, I have what i think is a Tiffany window. Unsigned, but an antique dealer, whom I trust, felt that it was. I restored it and could send a picture if you wish. Tiffany studios churned out about 30,000 windows, so not every one is of museum quality. It is just a hobby for me. I took a one-week workshop in Bar Harbor Maine from a Tiffany restorer and learned a lot from him. There were Tiffany windows in St. Saviors in Bar Harbor, but I did not work on any of them. I teach classes, build and restore windows. Check me out at:Amberstar Glass – Andrew Miller. See "Writing" on my website. I am interested in interviewing a person who has interest in the evolution- creationism controversy.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Actually, I have what i think is a Tiffany window. Unsigned, but an antique dealer, whom I trust, felt that it was. I restored it and could send a picture if you wish. Tiffany studios churned out about 30,000 windows, so not every one is of museum quality. It is just a hobby for me. I took a one-week workshop in Bar Harbor Maine from a Tiffany restorer and learned a lot from him. There were Tiffany windows in St. Saviors in Bar Harbor, but I did not work on any of them. I teach classes, build and restore windows. Check me out at:Amberstar Glass – Andrew Miller. See "Writing" on my website. I am interested in interviewing a person who has interest in the evolution- creationism controversy.
I might do that. There really is no "controversy". There is only misrepresentation of science by creationists. It is rather strange that there are still literalists in this day and age. They appear to fear that accepting that the Bible cannot be literally true leads to atheism. For their children what often leads to atheism are there obviously wrong beliefs. There are a ton of Christians that went from literalists to atheists.

Smokey2141

Is there a controversy over who won the 2020 presidential election? "Controversy" is a neutral term, simply indicates there is heated disagreement. In the case of the recent election, I would say it is widespread, whereas controversy over whether or not the earth is round is not widespread and limited to a very small group of people.
Are there negative consequences to "Teaching the Controversy" in the classroom? What is at stake?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Is there a controversy over who won the 2020 presidential election? "Controversy" is a neutral term, simply indicates there is heated disagreement. In the case of the recent election, I would say it is widespread, whereas controversy over whether or not the earth is round is not widespread and limited to a very small group of people.
Are there negative consequences to "Teaching the Controversy" in the classroom? What is at stake?
I would usually limit it to cases where there is doubt about either side being right. There was no doubt about the election, there is no doubt about evolution. Only deniers that oppose the two events.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I am a long ways from you, also happily married to a woman so unlikely. I scanned your responses and liked them, was born in Michigan, and like restore antique stained glass windows.... What is the p.m link?
It's my user name here, so click on the envelope at the top right of your page and then type me in.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I might do that. There really is no "controversy". There is only misrepresentation of science by creationists. It is rather strange that there are still literalists in this day and age. They appear to fear that accepting that the Bible cannot be literally true leads to atheism. For their children what often leads to atheism are there obviously wrong beliefs. There are a ton of Christians that went from literalists to atheists.
I agree with you. What controversy exists is based on nonsense. It's like the "controversy" over the election results. It doesn't matter that every single court that a suit was brought to dismissed the suit for lack of foundation. Some people just can't let go of the over-valued idea that Trump couldn't lose. It's really a religious belief that defies the facts, rather than a legitimate controversy. Same with the creationist objection.