• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creation vs evolution

sealchan

Nope not at all

Let's say you, yourself believe in evolution, so why by your logic does evolution have to be tested

So what I'm asking is to those who say that evolution was tested

So I'm asking them, why does evolution have to be tested.
So it's not me, but those who believe in evolution that say, evolution was tested.

Because human understanding is at its best when it is put to the test. How else can we unlearn our childhood assumptions and become better adults? How else could someone come to the Lord when they had been raised against the Lord? How else can an individual know if what they understanding is of God or is of Satan?

This is what Jacob did and he was chosen by the Lord since before his birth.

Concerning the bibles authority and history, you dismiss the collection of data and records of early christians... you refute the idea that religion as science (the religion that are taught in junior high, highschool and college) are collection of data and records... But practicing religion is perhaps not the same as it being taught. Anyways, everyone needs a teacher, nomatter school or church. School deals with materials found in archaelogy and historical data. Church deals with the practice of religion. Schools observe the data found in church - sabbath, holy communion, and in India yoga. So the practice of religion could be confirm. we need to see what speaks against to think critical.

'NOTHING'

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
When will the `test` of Jesus' coming, come ?
Will the bible meet that test ?
Evolution will still be ongoing, even then !

They are dating a historical figure, that is the king of Jews... that's not bad, from being nothing to become a virgin that are married to the prince of peace... The upholder of everything, the Lord of the Earth, of whos name every knee will bow...

I was not referring to the scientists, but referring to people in general, that when in a conversation with, that when they get caught, they go about trying to change the subject into something else, that is not the subject being talk about, Why is that ?

This is what the Thread is all about, for those people who believe in evolution why are they saying evolution being tested.

So I am asking them, why does evolution have to be tested. What's the reason?

I did not come with evolution being tested, but those who believe in evolution, came saying this morning, that evolution being tested. So I ask them, why does evolution have to be tested.

Some of us actually require supporting evidence for a claim BEFORE we can believe it is true. Why is that such a difficult concept for you to understand?

Why do you blindly believe everything that's spoon fed to you about your religion without giving it ANY critical thought? By your "logic" nothing should ever be tested to see if it is true. By your "logic" everyone should believe ANYTHING they hear.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
@Faithofchristian, you appear to have missed a few questions and statements posted in response to your OP on page 1 of this thread (or you're cherry picking who you wish to engage in this debate because you posted a premise in the OP that was questioned or refuted, and you have no argument to support your "fact.")

I would really like to see your thoughts on these...

Tell me what is wrong with my reasoning in the following paragraphs. . .

1. Therefore Muslims do not have to test the Quran to see if it's qualified, We already know that the Quran is qualified.

2. Therefore Hindus do not have to test the Bhagavad Gita to see if it's qualified, We already know that the Bhagavad Gita is qualified.

3. Therefore Scientologists do not have to test Dianetics to see if it's qualified, We already know that Diantetics is qualified.

Well?

My question to you, is where are you going, the Thread is about Christians and evolutionist.

Do you believe any of those three statements are true? Why or why not?

I promise its worth it.

Actually, the first ones to do so *were* Christian.

We test ideas to see to what extent they are true. That is how science works: try to explain something and *test* that idea by *attempting* to prove it wrong. Those ideas that survive are kept.

You see, humans can be wrong. We come up with ideas that don't completely work. So we *test* to see what does and what does not work. That is how we acquire knowledge.

As for the Bible, the first people to realize the discrepancy between the Biblical time scale and the time scale of reality were Christians trying to support the Bible and verify what is says.

How?

By whom?

Again, how?

What led you believe in Christ? Surely you weren't born believing in Him. Somewhere along the line, there must have been events in your life that you tested (perhaps without consciously doing so) which led to your belief in His existence and His divinity...

...unless you are saying that at some point someone stuck a book in your hand and said, "Here, believe in the words of this book blindly, because the words in the book tell you to. Even if others tell you are not true, they are wrong, because the words in this book say they are."

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
To side with my fellow christian... why do you need to test things that are a fact?

Already answered on page one of this thread...

Actually, the first ones to do so *were* Christian.

We test ideas to see to what extent they are true. That is how science works: try to explain something and *test* that idea by *attempting* to prove it wrong. Those ideas that survive are kept.

You see, humans can be wrong. We come up with ideas that don't completely work. So we *test* to see what does and what does not work. That is how we acquire knowledge.

As for the Bible, the first people to realize the discrepancy between the Biblical time scale and the time scale of reality were Christians trying to support the Bible and verify what is says.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Nope not at all

Let's say you, yourself believe in evolution, so why by your logic does evolution have to be tested

So what I'm asking is to those who believe in evolution that say evolution was tested

So I'm asking them, why does evolution have to be tested.
So it's not me, but those who believe in evolution that say, evolution was tested.

Evolution needs to be tested, even if true, because we want *knowledge* and knowledge requires we test our ideas.

More generally, *all* ideas should be tested. Humans make mistakes, even about things like evolution or the Bible. That means that we are untrustable in our opinions *unless* we subject those opinions to rigorous testing, even to the point of trying to show they are wrong.

You claim that if the Bible is correct, it need not be tested. I am saying that for us to *know* the Bible (or any other idea) is correct, we need to test it repeatedly.

So, yes, evolution has been tested. It has passed the tests, even those designed to show it is wrong. That is what gives us confidence in the concept of evolution.

if you claim that the Bible does not need to be, or even worse, cannot be tested, then there is no way to have confidence in the truth of our opinions of it.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
No I am not saying that the Bible should be tested, But the bible, does not need to be tested.

No it's not a sign of weakness, it's a sign that the bible does not need to be tested by a Christian.
If I as a Christian have to test the bible, where's my faith at in God.

Am I testing the bible or am I testing my faith in the Bible, in God.

Therefore as a Christian I do not have to test the bible nor my faith.

EVERY idea or set of ideas needs to be tested. Otherwise, we can have no real confidence we found the *correct* ideas.

Even to say that the Bible comes from God (as opposed to some other book, like the Koran, coming from God) is an assumption on your part. That assumption should be tested to make sure it is correct.

Parhaps you misread... It was stated as a question siding with your illusion...
Evolution needs to be tested because according to you it is true, while the bible don't according to you!??

As for me I see the openings' point, I do not need to test the validity of the facts, ideas, informations, intelligence, in order to know its true.

I can tell you I sit before a computer, If we would run science class you need to figure out were i live, take the aeroplane all the way here, take the cab to my adress, and check the validity of my statement... or you could just trust in me!

Last edited:
So I can inform you how i work on information and knowledge, I listen, and I go to the law of two or three witness like it is a trial.... I read, and I do the same thing... and I do the things that I want to learn!!! if i fail, I repeate test... and I accomplish the things I want to learn.

So if i want to put up a rainbow in the sky, I take a flushing can that is used to wet the leaves of flowers, clean windows and surfaces. Aim the flush against the sun, and I can see the rainbow...

That's the science class

That is testing a fact?

But why do I even try?

Last edited: