• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creation vs evolution

Faithofchristian

However, to be credible the bible should be tested in the same way you require evolution to be tested.

That would be a fair comparison. Or perhaps you don't want a fair comparison.

Should the bible be tested and fail the tests, would that change your faith?

As a Christian, I do not need the bible to be tested, but if you feel that evolution needs to be tested, then by all means go test evolution.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That's exactly what I'm saying. That No Christian disproves the bible.

Since the quote system drops the prior quote I need to show what Faithofchristian quoted:

"The bible<sic> has not been disproven by no Christians"

Let's parse this. The Bible has not been disproven by no Christians. We can keep the meaning of this by reversing the two negatives so that it is properly understood. The Bible has (first reversal) been disproven by some (second reversal) Christians.

:confused:o_O

Oh my! He got that right. Yes, the Bible has been disproven by some Christians. I fully agree with Faithofchristian on this claim of his.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
As a Christian, I do not need the bible to be tested, but if you feel that evolution needs to be tested, then by all means go test evolution.

But then you can only claim to believe and not to know. We know that evolution is correct because we test it. You believe the Bible to be correct but you are afraid to test it. Do you fear that it will fail the tests?

Faithofchristian

Since the quote system drops the prior quote I need to show what Faithofchristian quoted:

"The bible<sic> has not been disproven by no Christians"

Let's parse this. The Bible has not been disproven by no Christians. We can keep the meaning of this by reversing the two negatives so that it is properly understood. The Bible has (first reversal) been disproven by some (second reversal) Christians.

:confused:o_O

Oh my! He got that right. Yes, the Bible has been disproven by some Christians. I fully agree with Faithofchristian on this claim of his.

First of all Subduction Zone, Those are not true Christians. No true Christian will go against the bible.

Therefore the bible stands as is, to be proven as true.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Fossils data could have been created, someone might have said, "let there be fossil data"!!!

The problem with that is that means that God lied. I do not know of any Christians that believe in a lying God. In fact if one makes that claim then God could have made the Earth last Thursday and the crucifixion is just the crucifiction.

Faithofchristian

But then you can only claim to believe and not to know. We know that evolution is correct because we test it. You believe the Bible to be correct but you are afraid to test it. Do you fear that it will fail the tests?

I don't have to test what is true. Maybe you have to test evolution, to know whether it's true or not. That's why you test evolution because you do not trust it.

The bible does not need to be need tested for truth,it is true.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
First of all Subduction Zone, Those are not true Christians. No true Christian will go against the bible.

Therefore the bible stands as is, to be prove as true.

Please make up your mind. Or learn how the English language works. That was your claim not mine. And you really can't call other Christians not true Christians. Your fellow members here that are Christians and accept the fact that life evolved will not like it. It is clearly against the rules here. If I claimed that you were not a true Christian because you can't be honest you would not appreciate it.

You are no more of a judge of who or who is not a true Christian than I am.

test and test... test are important... I could test to jump from a plane, and test if I survive, I won't do it because I am afraid I don't. The conclusion is that test are important, but not that much...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don't have to test what is true. Maybe you have to test evolution, to know whether it's true or not. That's why you test evolution because you do not trust it.

The bible does not need to be need tested for truth,it is true.

You can't know what is and what is true or not without testing. Once again you denigrate Christianity by lowering it to the same level as any religion preached by a shaman. A skeptic does not trust anything. Skepticism led to the computer that you are using.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
test and test... test are important... I could test to jump from a plane, and test if I survive, I won't do it because I am afraid I don't. The conclusion is that test are important, but not that much...

A test has to have a point to be a valid test. Jumping off of an airplane would not be much of a test.

Faithofchristian

Please make up your mind. Or learn how the English language works. That was your claim not mine. And you really can't call other Christians not true Christians. Your fellow members here that are Christians and accept the fact that life evolved will not like it. It is clearly against the rules here. If I claimed that you were not a true Christian because you can't be honest you would not appreciate it.

You are no more of a judge of who or who is not a true Christian than I am.

Look you just show your lack of knowledge of understanding what the Bible confirms.

There are two types of Christians in the world one being a true Christian and the other as being a false Christian.

If a Christian stands against the bible, that Christian is a false Christian.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Look you just show your lack of knowledge of understanding what the Bible confirms.

There are two types of Christians in the world one being a true Christian and the other as being a false Christian.

If a Christian stands against the bible, that Christian is a false Christian.

I seriously doubt it. You have never been able to show that the Bible supports you. To date I have demonstrated a much better understanding of the Bible than you have. But you handicap yourself by relying on the KJV. I am open to more modern translations that are truer to the ancient texts.

Lets collect data, wine... how do you manufacture wine... alchohol? ...vodka? whiskey??

one way is to buy a book concerning the manufacturing of wine!!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So how do your tests works? collecting data?? and analyzing it???

One could merely test the accuracy of the Bible. One does not need to test works. By the way, the Christian story could be true even if parts of the Bible are false. The Bible does not claim to be without flaw. It does not even claim to be the "word of God". In fact most that make that claim do not know of the history of the Bible or how it came to be.

Showing that parts of the Bible are wrong (an extremely easy task) does not disprove Christianity. Only the weak in faith demand a literal interpretation of the Bible.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
What came first: the creation of fossils or `data` about the fossils ?
And then man ? or maybe the angels ? or the fish and stuff ?
And of the throne and trumpets and all and all.
I am always confused ! Splain please !

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Lets collect data, wine... how do you manufacture wine... alchohol? ...vodka? whiskey??

one way is to buy a book concerning the manufacturing of wine!!

And only one way to test that book involves making wine oneself. A book on wine also would probably give a history of wine. One could "test" the book by doing research to see if they got that history right. Please note, that just as refuting part of the Bible does not refute Christianity, refuting part of the wine book does not mean that following it will not produce very tasty wine.