• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creation vs evolution

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
If a tire is sitting totally on the ground, that is evidence it's flat.with not enough air to drive on.unless you want to damage the whole braking system under the car by driving on a flat tire.

So isn't observing the the tyre as flat a test of its flatness?

Btw, the chance's of damaging the beaking system are slim. You would certainly damage the wheel and the vehicle would be difficult to control thus causing danger

Faithofchristian

ALL observation is a form of testing. You are *checking* to see what the situation is. When you look at the tire, you are *testing* to see whether it is flat or not.

Are you kidding me, if you can not tell you have a flat tire without looking at it. So I suppose when driving,you wouldn't know if have a flat, until you got out and look at it.

I've driven many cars and I do know when I have a flat, without seeing it.

But in your case, I think you better get and check it, if you can not tell when you have a flat tire.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If a tire is sitting totally on the ground, that is evidence it's flat.with not enough air to drive on.unless you want to damage the whole braking system under the car by driving on a flat tire.
Wow! This is progress. This is the first time that you have used the word "evidence" correctly. Observation is form of evidence.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Are you kidding me, if you can not tell you have a e flat tire without looking at it. So I suppose when driving,you wouldn't know if have a flat, until you got out and look at it.

I've driven many cars and I do know when I have a flat, without seeing it.

But in your case, I think you better get and check it, if you can not tell when you have a flat tire.

Yes, by other forms of evidence. You may not realize it but when you are driving you are constantly checking for evidence. The feel of a flat tire as one drives is meaningless if it is only for a thousandth of a second. Some forms of evidence take time to accumulate. Yet a picture can easily betaken in a thousandth of a second. We can see a picture and instantly judge that a tire is flat, but it will take almost a second of driving on one to realize that is what is the matter.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Yeah, I know all about Charles Darwin books, as I have read them all.

That's absolutely right, scientist deleted and added to Charles Darwin's writings, so now you don't know exactly what Charles Darwin really did write.
Hey thanks for information I'll check to see just how much those scientist change and compare to the books of Charles Darwin .
Its amazing how people go into someone else's writings and change things, and that people will have no idea what they did change. If they don't have the books to compare to see just what scientist did change.

So you wouldn't have no idea what was changed and what wasn't changed.
Nooooo!
Darwin's books are unchanged.
Later on, after Darwin other scientists modified, improved on some of his ideas and published their own works/papers/etc, not changed Darwin's books!

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
This is becoming a kindergartner's nightmare !
Anyway....a flat tire, or tyre, is only flat on the bottom,
as someone has already said, unless it's blowout !
And then it's pieces...having fun are we ?

Kelly of the Phoenix

But yet found no evidence to prove that man himself came from apes.
There has been no evidence to prove man came from apes.
But yet some people will go about saying man evolved from the apes, but have no evidence to prove this.
No, HE didn't have proof, because he didn't know about genes. WE can look at genes, not just bones, to determine relationships.

So if your trying to say that man evolved from the apes, where's your proof to connect man to the apes. Which of yet hasn't been found. So all we have is people going around saying things without the proof to back them up to what they say.
Even if you didn't "descend from apes", you'd STILL be an ape, because it's a biological classification.

I mean, seriously, why do you people believe God can love you and save you from sin if you're descended from a dirt puppet but not a primate?

Do you seriously think God doesn't know what kind of animal you are?

And yet Jesus died for your sins anyway, right?

No actually, all anyone has to do, is look at their tires on their car and know if there is any air in them or not. That's totally Common Sense.
Actually, the tires have to be above a certain level in order to be safe to drive on. You use the pressure gauge to make sure. You TEST it.

with not enough air to drive on.unless you want to damage the whole braking system under the car by driving on a flat tire.
Why do you believe driving on a flat tire will damage the breaking system. Has anyone tested it?

Milton Platt

One fact to Refute evolution.

For those who believe in the theory of evolution.
Why did evolution have to be tested, to know whether it's true or not.
All things require evidence to determine whether they are true. It does not "make" them true, it allows us to know that they are true.
To test something, that means it's not true, until it's tested to show it's true.
This is a false statement. Testing a thing allows us to know that they are true, it does not make an untrue thing true. Something is true or not true whether or not evidence has been provided to support either claim. The important thing to remember is that it is not rational to consider a thing true without sufficient good evidence to know it is true.
This why Christians don't have to test the bible all because Christians already know the Bible is true
They can believe it is true, but they cannot know it is true without sufficient evidence.
Where as evolution had to be tested, to find if it's true or not true.
Yes, it has been tested repeatedly in a number of scientific disciplines. The testing confirms the truthfulness of it.
That's like going to take a test, you take a test to show if your qualified or not.
What's the problem with that? A test provides evidence. it is not the test, but the evidence it provides that is important.
Therefore to test the theory of evolution, is to see if it's qualified or not.
The theory of evolution does not require qualification, it requires evidence to support it's premises. It has that evidential support, unlike the Bible.
That means evolution wasn't qualified, from the start.until it took the test.
Qualification for what? It qualifies as a theory and it qualifies as a fact.
You mean it was simply a hypothesis before there was sufficient evidence?
Well, yes, that is as it should be. Now we have sufficient evidence so it is both a theory (which explains the process), and a fact (or more properly, a set of facts supported by evidence).....unlike the Bible.
Where as the bible did not have to take any test to be qualified, The bible was qualified right from the start.
Define "qualified". You have committed a fallacy by changing the word "tested" to the word "qualified". Who and/or what did the qualification? The driving test you alluded to above provided evidence to qualify the driver taking the test. To hold to the same rule, where is the test that provides the evidence for things in the Bible, especially the supernatural claims?

Therefore Christians do not have to test the bible to see if it's qualified, We already know that the Bible is qualified.
I reject a number of your premises, because they are either fallacious or unsubstantiated, and I reject your conclusion because it is founded on fallacies and unsubstantiated claims.

Faithofchristian

Your analogy Kung Fu is truely at white belt level.

Be well, my simple friend.

So what gives you the first indication that you need air in the tire of your car, if it's not by you seeing one of them being low on air.

And then you use a tire gauge to check to see how much air you may have to put back in the tire, then you put in the amount required.showing on the tire.

Faithofchristian

No, HE didn't have proof, because he didn't know about genes. WE can look at genes, not just bones, to determine relationships.

Even if you didn't "descend from apes", you'd STILL be an ape, because it's a biological classification.

I mean, seriously, why do you people believe God can love you and save you from sin if you're descended from a dirt puppet but not a primate?

Do you seriously think God doesn't know what kind of animal you are?

And yet Jesus died for your sins anyway, right?

Actually, the tires have to be above a certain level in order to be safe to drive on. You use the pressure gauge to make sure. You TEST it.

Why do you believe driving on a flat tire will damage the breaking system. Has anyone tested it?

You really believe you came from a ape. Maybe that's why some people are low on intelligence.

I'll tell you how you can definitely find out for sure, by driving on a flat tire will damage your brakes by driving on a flat tire, try it and see what happens after a mile or two.that will tell you for sure.

After the first half mile, your tire will come off and then you will be driving on the wheel and after a half mile, your wheel will wear down, and then the whole braking system will catch fire, from over heating.
Which in turn damaging the whole braking system

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You really believe you came from a ape. Maybe that's why some people are low on intelligence.

I'll tell you how you can definitely find out for sure, by driving on a flat tire will damage your brakes by driving on a flat tire, try it and see what happens after a mile or two.that will tell you for sure.

After the first half mile, your tire will come off and then you will be driving on the wheel and after a half mile, your wheel will wear down, and then the whole braking system will catch fire, from over heating.

Actually we know that we are apes. Do you remember the difference between knowledge and mere belief?

Faithofchristian

Nooooo!
Darwin's books are unchanged.
Later on, after Darwin other scientists modified, improved on some of his ideas and published their own works/papers/etc, not changed Darwin's books!
Could you please provide an list of edits to The Origin of Species.

Sure the study of evolution has advanced in the last 160 years but as far as i am aware, the sacrilege you claim hasn't occured.

If you had read what I saying, I was agreeing with the other
I'm not made out of dirt. I fit the classification "ape", not "Gumby".

You mean I have to test it?

Now your to funny, let's see, when you die, your body returns back to dirt of the earth.

Everything that is made, is taken from the earth, that is why after a long period of time everything returns back to the earth from where it was taken from.

Well you just explained why your low on intelligence seeing how you claim to have coming from apes.

Why do you hate yourself so much.to lower yourself that way.
It must really hurt to be you.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
If you had read what I saying, I was agreeing with the other

Now your to funny, let's see, when you die, your body returns back to dirt of the earth.

Everything that is made, is taken from the earth, that is why after a long period of time everything returns back to the earth from where it was taken from.

Well you just explained why your low on intelligence seeing how you claim to have coming from apes.

It must really hurt to be you.

Yes i read what you wrote, you were attempting to insult him because you dont know any better

FYI the fact that we evolved from ape like animals does not need your approval

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
By the way, I am still willing to help you to learn. Merely understanding the basics of the sciences and logic will enable you to be a better poster.

Fear of learning indicates a fear that one is wrong.

Scientists embrace being shown to be wrong because that is the way that one advances knowledge. As long as one is ignorant of one's errors one is doomed to repeat them

Kelly of the Phoenix

So does everyone else's. Do you believe we are more special than plants and other nonhumans?

Why do you lower yourself to a dirt puppet? I think primates are cool. A claymation figure doesn't move on its own.

to insult him
*sigh* Do I seriously look like a guy? This was a problem even in grade school.... :)

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

Yet another test of having a flat tire (although not as cost effective of one).

Milton Platt

a flat tire will not damage your brakes, dude....it will damage the tire, and then the rim. I guess if you continue driving on the rim until it wears down completely, you will finally get to the brake mechanism. that would be long after the tire is completely gone.........

Milton Platt

So what gives you the first indication that you need air in the tire of your car, if it's not by you seeing one of them being low on air.

And then you use a tire gauge to check to see how much air you may have to put back in the tire, then you put in the amount required.showing on the tire.

That's pretty sloppy. I check my tires regularly with a gauge BEFORE they are flat

Faithofchristian

So does everyone else's. Do you believe we are more special than plants and other nonhumans?

Why do you lower yourself to a dirt puppet? I think primates are cool. A claymation figure doesn't move on its own.

*sigh* Do I seriously look like a guy? This was a problem even in grade school.... :)

Hey look your the one that said in your previous post, "you would like to think you came from the ape, than from group"

Now your contradicting yourself,
Saying everything returns back to the dust of the earth, which you denyed of coming from in the first place, in your previous post.

Like I said, everything when it die's, including yourself when you die, your body returns back to what you called in you pervious post, "Group"

And since that group can only come from one place, the earth.
that can only mean, that the group came from the earth, To return back to group of the earth.As you called it, "Group"

Since you return back to group, that means you had to come from the group of the earth. To return back to it.

Oh by the way, your right about yourself as coming from the ape, your intelligence shows it. So I do agree with you on that part.

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

a flat tire will not damage your brakes, dude....it will damage the tire, and then the rim. I guess if you continue driving on the rim until it wears down completely, you will finally get to the brake mechanism. that would be long after the tire is completely gone.........

That's exactly what I was talking about, if you had read, what I had said.

That if a person drives on a flat tire for about half mile, the tire will come off the rim, and then after driving about another half mile, the rim will wear down, to where eventually it will start to get into the breaking system.damaging it.