• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creation by god

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
In monism, God emanates his own creation from himself. So yes, that includes everything. But views do differ,

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
if you believe that the world was created by God, do you believe in Stone Age etc. ?
I guess the first issue is what do you mean by 'the world was created by God'? I am guessing you mean like in the literal reading of the Bible way. No, I don't believe that.

However stretching the subject, I believe the entire universe is a thought-form (Maya) of Brahman/God and can be called a creation. In that sense I believe the world was created by God and that there was indeed a Stone Age.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
But in Hindu scriptures there is no mention of such ages?

Why should or would there be? The Vedas and Upanishads have nothing to do with world history. The Puranas are stories of the gods and their interactions with humans, each other, demons, and other supernatural beings.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
if you believe that the world was created by God, do you believe in Stone Age etc. ?
Obviously yes, there was Stone Age and period before that when there were no humans. World is a cyclic emanation of and from Brahman (God) billions or trillions of years in the past as noted in the Gita. What has one to do with the other?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
if you believe that the world was created by God, do you believe in Stone Age etc.?
Yeah, I believe in stone age, we have proof, scrapers and borers. But there is no God. The universe is the result of just the existence of a primordial entity (Brahman), which flits between existence and non-existence (as it seems to us). It is all very 'quantumistic'. Do you have some idea of 'Quantum Mechanics'? No, I do not claim to be an Einstein or Planck.
But in Hindu scriptures there is no mention of such ages?
That is a classic fail. Hindu scriptures were written to inculcate social values in people. They are not science or history.

Last edited: