• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creation and Evolution Compatible...Questions

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Science today call this LAW, Prestabilism,

Did you look up this term? And he thinks it
is a "law"of science?

I will let you attempt the education. You have
a lot lot lot of work to do, while urinatin' at the wind.

I seriously doubt if he will take me up on my offer to learn the basics. Creationists tend to have a fear of learning.

Audie

Veteran Member
I seriously doubt if he will take me up on my offer to learn the basics. Creationists tend to have a fear of learning.

Nobody ever has or ever will. It reads like a rhetorical
"offer", however sincere you may be.
That besides the "fear of learning", which is not really
what it is, IMO.
See, they already know.
With the assurance that knowing of god
is, ya know, divine.

AS they are correct, and evolution is a lie
of satan, why would they want to "learn"?

It is a bit of shame to see someone who surely
was once a bright and inquisitive child turn into
something like that, but, it has happened, and
it is never going to change, it is too late.

gnostic

The Lost One
First, let’s look at what the Bible says about things made, Hebrews 3:4,5. Notice that every house is made by someone, but God made all things.
But people who build house, you can meet the builders (as long as they are still operating and alive).

You can pay architect to design your house, and pay contractor/constructor/builder to build your house, and you can meet them all, including the subcontractors, like the electrician, plumber, painters, etc. They are all real; the builders are not some imaginary or mythological invisible beings, like God.

12jtartar

Premium Member
But people who build house, you can meet the builders (as long as they are still operating and alive).

You can pay architect to design your house, and pay contractor/constructor/builder to build your house, and you can meet them all, including the subcontractors, like the electrician, plumber, painters, etc. They are all real; the builders are not some imaginary or mythological invisible beings, like God.

gnostic,
To me, your statement makes little sense. Is there anything that man can make, equal to anything that God has made???
Religion seems to be something that God put within mankind, the desire to search for his creator.
Religious belief is called Extra-scientific, because science cannot understand the workings of The Almighty.
The Bible is actually more scientific and more up to date than any book you can find in a library.
I have written this before, but it is interesting to me. Mathematicians have calculated what the chances are that all things could be as they are, without a super mind, with superpowers. Their calculation was, the chances are 1X all the Atoms in the known universe. Pretty slim chance.
The things written in the Bible are so far superior to men, that no man knew the things written in the Bible, so where did Moses get the information that he wrote in the first four books of the Bible, and Job, 26:7,10. Nobody knew that the earth was round, but, both Moses and Isaiah wrote that it is, Isaiah 40:22. The things written in the Mosaic Law Covenant, especially Hygienic information, saved the lives of countless Israelites.
If you had ever studied God’s word, you would have found, possibly the greatest proof of a Creator, Prophecy. No man can tell for sure what will happen the next minute, but God has had written, exactly what would happen, even thousands of years after the Prophecy was written. Some of the Prophecies were so accurate that some Bible critics tried to make people believe that the Prophecies were-written after they came true. Since it is impossible for any man to do these things, who, if not God The Creator could be responsible???

Last edited:

gnostic

The Lost One
If you pay people to build your house, you can meet the owner of the contractor or builder, and you can meet every single subcontractors that the contractor have employed for this job (eg plumber, electrician, painters, the people who do your kitchen, tiles, carpet, the pavement and garden, etc.

All these people are real people, and not mythological beings.

The same cannot be said about your god being the “creator” of this world or this universe?

You cannot compare any deity with actual living people involved in building your house. You cannot meet god, and you cannot prove your god exist.

ecco

Veteran Member
gnostic,
To me, your statement makes little sense. Is there anything that man can make, equal to anything that God has made???
Religion seems to be something that God put within mankind, the desire to search for his creator.
Religious belief is called Extra-scientific, because science cannot understand the workings of The Almighty.
The Bible is actually more scientific and more up to date than any book you can find in a library.
I have written this before, but it is interesting to me. Mathematicians have calculated what the chances are that all things could be as they are, without a super mind, with superpowers. Their calculation was, the chances are 1X all the Atoms in the known universe. Pretty slim chance.
The things written in the Bible are so far superior to men, that no man knew the things written in the Bible, so where did Moses get the information that he wrote in the first four books of the Bible, and Job, 26:7,10. Nobody knew that the earth was round, but, both Moses and Isaiah wrote that it is, Isaiah 40:22. The things written in the Mosaic Law Covenant, especially Hygienic information, saved the lives of countless Israelites.
If you had ever studied God’s word, you would have found, possibly the greatest proof of a Creator, Prophecy. No man can tell for sure what will happen the next minute, but God has had written, exactly what would happen, even thousands of years after the Prophecy was written. Some of the Prophecies were so accurate that some Bible critics tried to make people believe that the Prophecies were-written after they came true. Since it is impossible for any man to do these things, who, if not God The Creator could be responsible???

Wow. So much wrong it's hard to know where to start.

Let's take just one of your assertions:
Mathematicians have calculated what the chances are that all things could be as they are, without a super mind, with superpowers. Their calculation was, the chances are 1X all the Atoms in the known universe. Pretty slim chance.​

I'll assume that you realize that YOU are an individual entity. Others may be similar, but there is only one YOU. You may know, and can easily check, that the average number of sperm released during ejaculation is around 100,000,000. That means that YOU are the direct result of a 1 in a million long shot. If any other sperm had impregnated your mother's egg, YOU would not exist. Someone very like you, perhaps. But not YOU.

Likewise, YOUR FATHER is the result of a 1 in a 100 million chance. If any other sperm created HIM, YOU would not exist. So, in just two generations the odds of YOU being YOU are 1 in 100,000,000^2. In the 4000 years since Noah, there have been ~200 generations. So the odds of YOU existing are 1 in 100,000,000^200. There are only about 10^80 atoms in the known universe. As you said "Pretty slim chance". Yet YOU do exist.

ecco

Veteran Member
Religious beliefs are called superstitions. Beliefs that black cats are bad luck and rabbit's feet are good luck are called superstitions. Beliefs that witches are real and can fly on brooms are called superstitions. Beliefs that ghosts are real and can haunt houses are called superstitions.

Besides your superstitious religious beliefs, do you also have other superstitious beliefs?

gnostic

The Lost One
The things written in the Bible are so far superior to men, that no man knew the things written in the Bible, so where did Moses get the information that he wrote in the first four books of the Bible, and Job, 26:7,10.
According to the estimates and basic calculations of the number of years in the Old Testament, from Fall of Jerusalem to Moses leading his people of Egypt (Exodus 12:37, 1 Kings 6:1), they would have departed around 1447 BCE (that if King Solomon actually existed, and only if he did reign 970 - 931 BCE; if Solomon is a myth, that mean there are no date to Moses’ exodus).

But assuming if that date was true - 1447 BCE - there are not a single evidence that Moses wrote anything in the Late Bronze Age (c 1500 - c 1050 BCE).

There are no stone or clay tablets, no scrolls and no manuscripts written in the 2nd millennium BCE, that contain the biblical narratives of Moses’ Torah (or Pentateuch).

The oldest literary evidence of any passage from the Torah, is the Priestly Blessings on silver amulet (known as the Silver Scrolls) found inside the cave at Ketef Hinnom. This amulet as well as other artefact in the cave were dated between very late 7th century or very early 6th century BCE.

Plus, ancient Hebrew writing didn’t exist until the 10th century BCE. So if 1447 BCE is true, then Moses wouldn’t have written anything in Hebrew.

So your claim that Moses writing the books, is unsubstantiated belief/opinion.

There are no earlier references and no inscriptions to Moses himself or to Moses’ (nonexistent) books than the Ketef Hinnom’s amulet.