• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creating an Art Lounge

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I was thinking of creating a meetup group at Meetup.com. Its a nice site where you can join communities of like mind amd hang out in person. I was thinking of doing an Art Lounge where on each day lf the week we would meet (each according to their interest, schedule, and location) to just do art. Writing group one day. Pottery another. Painting another. And skating night another. (Its an art, believe me)

With pottery and painting, we have a new store that lets groups come in free to use their space as long as they are doing pottery. They let us use painting too since its a mix.

Writing groups can be at libraries, shops, and so forth.

The problem is the painting. Unless someone has a public art studio, we dont have a place were can "just go paint."

That and

While we are doing our thing, I was wondering you have ideas that would motivate members to keep coming. I did a Wannabe Writers group and five showed up and now Im only in touch with one. I dispanded the group because of cost when no one attended.

What ye think?

Any ideas?