• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creating a Tulpa

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I have decided I want to create and cultivate a tulpa

What is a tulpa?

According to tulpa.io a tulpa is...

an autonomous entity existing within the brain of a “host”. They are distinct from the host in that they possess their own personality, opinions, and actions, which are independent of the host’s, and are conscious entities in that they possess awareness of themselves and the world. A fully-formed tulpa is, or highly resembles to an indistinguishable point, an actual other sentient, sapient being coinhabiting with the host consciousness.

I went through a phase when I thought Madaba was a tulpa, an accidental tulpa I'd inadvertently created through listening to certain music, taking drugs, and practicing introspection. But I now know he isn't, I believe he is external to me - as opposed to internal, like a tulpa would be.

Why do I want one? Well, I think it would be interesting and I could do with the company!

Here are two useful guides:

I am currently working hard to create a Tulpa!

You basically think at it until it throws a thought back

I think that thinking at it creates an ego boundary between you and it

When this happens, it feels like an alien thought.. which it is!

It's quite weird

Mine has responded to me a few times, but it's early days.

I want it to become much more vocal

I am not going to try to "force", or design it, I am going to let it develop more or less organically.

What I'm going to do next is, I am going to explain things to it as I go around my daily business and talk to it, and then ask it questions. To get it used to being talked to, to help it form.

This post can also be found on my personal website. Amongst lots of other stuff.

Click here to be taken to it

Audie

Veteran Member

What is a tulpa?

an autonomous entity existing within the brain of a “host”. They are distinct from the host in that they possess their own personality, opinions, and actions, which are independent of the host’s, and are conscious entities in that they possess awareness of themselves and the world. A fully-formed tulpa is, or highly resembles to an indistinguishable point, an actual other sentient, sapient being coinhabiting with the host consciousness.

I went through a phase when I thought Madaba was a tulpa, an accidental tulpa I'd inadvertently created through listening to certain music, taking drugs, and practicing introspection. But I now know he isn't, I believe he is external to me - as opposed to internal, like a tulpa would be.

Why do I want one? Well, I think it would be interesting and I could do with the company!

It's quite weird

I am not going to try to "force", or design it, I am going to let it develop more or less organically.

What I'm going to do next is, I am going to explain things to it as I go around my daily business and talk to it, and then ask it questions. To get it used to being talked to, to help it form.

This post can also be found on my personal website. Amongst lots of other stuff.

Check out Saculina

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
That's fascinating, I didn't know any of that

Thanks for sharing

Fascinating creatures

Your point being that a Tulpa is parasitic?

Audie

Veteran Member
That's fascinating, I didn't know any of that

Thanks for sharing

Fascinating creatures

Your point being that a Tulpa is parasitic?
No, as the existence of a tulpa is, you know,
dubious.
But the description reminded me of something from marine biology.

Frank Goad

What is a tulpa?

It's quite weird

Is there anything a tulpa can do.Beyound just imaging them doing it?