• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creating a new religion for World Peace

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I really can't stand the notion that everybody has to follow the same religion to have world peace.
You do understand that religious divisions are the greatest cause of bloodshed on the planet, and the catalyst for the most violent of confrontations....? A human will fight to the last drop of his blood in a religiously motivated war, but not so much for a political agenda. You have heard of a Pyrrhic victory? Religious wars are mostly of that sort. No winners really.
budo.gif

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
To create World Peace, we will need to change our whole way of thinking. That means a new religion. We need to change what people deep down inside believe, not what they claim to believe in.

Many Athiests, deep down worship God. Deep down they believe in God. Many people say they believe in God, but they worship the Devil, because deep down it is really the Devil that they truly believe in.

This is about truth and clarity. Making it so clear, that everyone knows it is truth, and then everyone can believe in it, regardless of what religion they are in, and even if they do not believe in God.

You can tell what someone believes in by their actions, and changing what they deep down believe in, with change their actions, and will help bring World Peace.

So if anyone wants to help me with this, let me know. I know it is going to be a lot of work, and I can't do it alone.

Credit where it's due, Christianity has made a lot of progress in this area where it has reached

vaguelyhumanoid

You do understand that religious divisions are the greatest cause of bloodshed on the planet, and the catalyst for the most violent of confrontations....?

Religious exclusivism is the greatest cause of bloodshed on the planet. Everything from Daesh's current atrocities to Charlemagne's massacre at Verden has been caused by the notion that nonbelievers are inferior.

there is only one true God , how can it be any other way ?

I don't share your premise. You can assert there is one god and I can assert there are many and it won't get either of us anywhere.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Religious exclusivism is the greatest cause of bloodshed on the planet. Everything from Daesh's current atrocities to Charlemagne's massacre at Verden has been caused by the notion that nonbelievers are inferior.

If we are all created by the same God...how come there are non-believers? Does the clay say to the potter..."you didn't make me"?
How do you think we got here?

Religious exclusivism was demanded by the Creator, who tolerated no rival gods and no false worship. It is those who are attached to the wrong form of worship who fight in wars without God's sanction. True Christians do not participate in violence, so there is no bloodshed for them to be held accountable for. That is how you know who is serving the kingdom of God and who is serving the earthly kingdoms of man. (1 John 5:19)

I don't share your premise. You can assert there is one god and I can assert there are many and it won't get either of us anywhere.

How do you propose to have one religion if people have more than one god? Will everyone have to worship all the same god(s)? What if they don't want to?

Last edited:

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Please, no more religions, they are nothing but trouble! Or if you have to make up a new religion, then please get rid of an old one first. :p

An we don't need no more steenkin prophets!

th

cataway

you may note I did not say there were no other god's . the bible does mention a few . I said there is only one ''true'' God

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Conceivia,

I would recommend for you the Venerable Metteyya Sakyaputta. You may find him on the internet. He is a Buddhist monk from Lumbini, Nepal.

This is the same place where the Buddha were born.

He is recommeded specifically for a person such as yourself. You are in a group, even if they are shadows, of seekers. But with this convenience of Venerable Metteyya, you will be in a group of finders.

His is not escapism. His is not my religion. But rest assured - his is probably yours, and in one way it is a new religion because it is only 2000 years old, and it is not been fully implemented yet so in that sense you and him can make it "new". When something "becomes" then you might say it is new.

It will also save you some time. But you cannot be the leader of this "new religion". He can help you, however, to have a huge impact in your own way if you first not even use the term "religion" too often.

onlineImage.jpg

The Adept

The Islamic State is waiting for you to abolish it's Islam for your one and only true religion (which they claim already exists). There will always be an Under Arch, and an Upper Arch. Will of the gods, if you wish.