• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creating a new religion for World Peace

Conceivia

Working to save mankind
To create World Peace, we will need to change our whole way of thinking. That means a new religion. We need to change what people deep down inside believe, not what they claim to believe in.

Many Athiests, deep down worship God. Deep down they believe in God. Many people say they believe in God, but they worship the Devil, because deep down it is really the Devil that they truly believe in.

This is about truth and clarity. Making it so clear, that everyone knows it is truth, and then everyone can believe in it, regardless of what religion they are in, and even if they do not believe in God.

You can tell what someone believes in by their actions, and changing what they deep down believe in, with change their actions, and will help bring World Peace.

So if anyone wants to help me with this, let me know. I know it is going to be a lot of work, and I can't do it alone.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
This is about truth and clarity. Making it so clear, that everyone knows it is truth, and then everyone can believe in it, regardless of what religion they are in, and even if they do not believe in God.
I think that you are espousing Chinese Maoist ideals or similar. The government there believes that there needs to be harmony and a standard way of life, and that is taught to every citizen. It is the religion of which you speak, probably. It is a state religion. I am not a Maoist, but I think that is sort of what you are talking about or similar.
You can tell what someone believes in by their actions, and changing what they deep down believe in, with change their actions, and will help bring World Peace.

So if anyone wants to help me with this, let me know. I know it is going to be a lot of work, and I can't do it alone.
You should take the world off of your shoulders. Recycle your garbage, be nice to other people and things like that, and be on the lookout for opportunities to help. Believe that you are not the only one and that you are not alone.

Conceivia

Working to save mankind
Not hear to debate, but just to clarity, don't think you know what I'm saying. I'm not saying that.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
To create World Peace, we will need to change our whole way of thinking. That means a new religion. We need to change what people deep down inside believe, not what they claim to believe in.

Many Athiests, deep down worship God. Deep down they believe in God. Many people say they believe in God, but they worship the Devil, because deep down it is really the Devil that they truly believe in.

If you'd like more input and various opinions without debate, maybe (I ask to) create a thread in interfaith?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
To create World Peace, we will need to change our whole way of thinking. That means a new religion. W
It could also mean eradicating religion. That would be more likely to get my vote. Get rid of the notion that supernatural anything matters.
Something more like Secular Humanism. :)
Tom

Conceivia

Working to save mankind
To quote Cturne from another thread "In my opinion, there is no such thing as a 'godless' religion - everybody, and I do mean everybody - all religions and lack therof included, worships something. It doesn't have to be something you pray to - it's whatever is most important to you - yourself, nature, money, personal possessions, - everyone has a God, even if it is not a 'True God' in that sense."

All your actions are a result of your beliefs. Not what you pretend to believe, but rather what you actually believe. Certain beliefs will lead to the destruction of mankind. It is therefore necessary to change those beliefs. Eradicating religion will not get rid of those harmful beliefs. Religions are almost entirely what people pretend to believe, it really does not seem to have all that strong of an effect on how people actually behave. So eradicating it would have very little effect.

To have a real effect, we have to change what people really truly, deep down, believe. We have to change what actually affects their behavior.That, obviously, people will have to do themselves, but we'll have to make them aware of it so they can change it.

Tony

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
If you want to create a new world religion of peace, start by removing the oppositions; the more of them we have, the more contradictions we get, the more people argue, the more it becomes divided. ;)

TruthEnder

To create World Peace, we will need to change our whole way of thinking.
What does World Peace entail, and what way of thinking do you refer to?

That means a new religion.
So religion is the way to bring World Peace, as you put it? We need to change our religious way of thinking, you say? To a new religion? Again, please explain World Peace.

We need to change what people deep down inside believe, not what they claim to believe in.
Well, a lot of people are confused about terms and likewise about the systems of belief that they claim to subscribe to. Many people prescribe themselves beliefs, and then either conform to them or reject select beliefs. There is a difference between being an adherent of a religion, and adhering to one's religion.

Many Athiests, deep down worship God.
No atheist worships God. As an atheist, I believe God is non-existent. For any given non-existent entity, I do not worship it.

Deep down they believe in God.
Nope, but I believe in God's non-existence.

Many people say they believe in God, but they worship the Devil, because deep down it is really the Devil that they truly believe in.
The Devil is another non-existent entity.

This is about truth and clarity.
Well, you're doing an exceptionally bad job at promoting anything true, and you're being pretty vague which is the opposite of clarity.

Making it so clear, that everyone knows it is truth, and then everyone can believe in it, regardless of what religion they are in, and even if they do not believe in God.
People have given clear truths time and again, and "then everyone can believe in it" is not how this stuff works. You have to allow for subjectivity.

No, you can't always tell what someone believes by their actions. And I don't even care to address the rest of that jumbled sentence.

So if anyone wants to help me with this, let me know.
Not really. You seem to believe that the point is to try to change the world, and not to understand it. You know, without understanding it (which you clearly don't), you can do little in the way of changing it.

I know it is going to be a lot of work, and I can't do it alone.
Because I'm curious, what kind of work exactly did you have in mind?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Conceivia said:
So if anyone wants to help me with this, let me know.

Hmmm....you plan on achieving world peace on your own?...with one religion? Which one? And how would you convince everyone?

I know it is going to be a lot of work, and I can't do it alone.

Did you know that God already has a plan for that? The Bible tells us that God's kingdom will crush all corrupt man made governments out of existence and replace them with one government for all, and there will be only one religion....the right one. (Daniel 2:44)
47b20s0.gif
Remember that Jesus taught us to pray for God's kingdom to "come" so that his will could be done "on earth as it is in heaven"? That is the plan.....

Conceivia

Working to save mankind
Hmmm....you plan on achieving world peace on your own?...with one religion? Which one? And how would you convince everyone?

Did you know that God already has a plan for that? The Bible tells us that God's kingdom will crush all corrupt man made governments out of existence and replace them with one government for all, and there will be only one religion....the right one. (Daniel 2:44)
47b20s0.gif
Remember that Jesus taught us to pray for God's kingdom to "come" so that his will could be done "on earth as it is in heaven"? That is the plan.....

How do you know that this religion I am creating is not God's religion?

I've got a plan for World Peace. A new form of society that will eliminate all governments, and how do you know that my plan is not God's plan?

The fact is, you don't know. The only way you could find out, is if you listen, but no one listens. The Christians use the excuse that only Jesus can do it, but I know a prophecy which specifically says that the Jesus of the Bible will not come back. Someone else will come "in his name". A replacement.

No point in me explaining that, 'cause you won't listen. If people had any humility, respect, or real love of God, than there would be no need for me to explain any of that.

The mere fact that I have a plan which could possibly bring World Peace, and thereby prevent global nuclear war and save mankind, should not require any further explanation to get your assistance. The mere fact that it is one of extremely few plans in existence that could possibly save us, should be all that you need to know. All you should need to know is that I believe it will work.

But that is not enough. You people simply will not listen. Jesus himself could come, and you wouldn't listen to him either.

So rather than working on my plan to try to save mankind, I have to spend my time working a full time job to support my family, leaving me with almost no time or money to work on World Peace.

See, if you could just accept the possibility that you could be wrong, than the human race could survive.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss

I've got a plan for World Peace. A new form of society that will eliminate all governments, and how do you know that my plan is not God's plan?

The fact is, you don't know. The only way you could find out, is if you listen, but no one listens. The Christians use the excuse that only Jesus can do it, but I know a prophecy which specifically says that the Jesus of the Bible will not come back. Someone else will come "in his name". A replacement.

No point in me explaining that, 'cause you won't listen. If people had any humility, respect, or real love of God, than there would be no need for me to explain any of that.

The mere fact that I have a plan which could possibly bring World Peace, and thereby prevent global nuclear war and save mankind, should not require any further explanation to get your assistance. The mere fact that it is one of extremely few plans in existence that could possibly save us, should be all that you need to know. All you should need to know is that I believe it will work.

But that is not enough. You people simply will not listen. Jesus himself could come, and you wouldn't listen to him either.

So rather than working on my plan to try to save mankind, I have to spend my time working a full time job to support my family, leaving me with almost no time or money to work on World Peace.

See, if you could just accept the possibility that you could be wrong, than the human race could survive.
:facepalm:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

I can see that your motives are noble, but I have serious doubts about your ability to achieve your aims. If God was backing you, it would be happening...if its not happening, then perhaps God has already got it all under control. He really doesn't need you to worry yourself to death about it. He is the greatest power in existence, so he can take care of things himself. There is a reason why everything is taking place as he foretold. It is the outworking of his purpose...the one he implemented in the beginning. (Isaiah 55:11)

Refer to the scriptures and see that Jesus and his apostles did not have to work full time to support themselves....their full occupation was on the preaching work, telling people about the solution to all of the world's problems...it was God's kingdom, not Conceivia's kingdom.....everything they needed was supplied to them. (Matthew 6:33)

I think you need to spend more time on the Bible and less times stressing about not being able to achieve your aims....believe me...it doesn't depend solely on you. That is an enormous burden to carry alone and I feel your frustration, but this is a global issue that only God's kingdom can solve....that is the government of God that will rule the whole world. Jesus Christ is its king and he has associate rulers who will assist him, all chosen by God for that specific job. (Revelation 20:6)

The burden for world peace is NOT on your shoulders...so, as the saying goes...."Let go and let God". Everything is going according to plan, and God has it all in is own hands, directing what needs to be done, when it needs to be done.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can see that your motives are noble, but I have serious doubts about your ability to achieve your aims. If God was backing you, it would be happening...if its not happening, then perhaps God has already got it all under control. He really doesn't need you to worry yourself to death about it. He is the greatest power in existence, so he can take care of things himself. There is a reason why everything is taking place as he foretold. It is the outworking of his purpose...the one he implemented in the beginning. (Isaiah 55:11)

Refer to the scriptures and see that Jesus and his apostles did not have to work full time to support themselves....their full occupation was on the preaching work, telling people about the solution to all of the world's problems...it was God's kingdom, not Conceivia's kingdom.....everything they needed was supplied to them. (Matthew 6:33)

I think you need to spend more time on the Bible and less times stressing about not being able to achieve your aims....believe me...it doesn't depend solely on you. That is an enormous burden to carry alone and I feel your frustration, but this is a global issue that only God's kingdom can solve....that is the government of God that will rule the whole world. Jesus Christ is its king and he has associate rulers who will assist him, all chosen by God for that specific job. (Revelation 20:6)

The burden for world peace is NOT on your shoulders...so, as the saying goes...."Let go and let God". Everything is going according to plan, and God has it all in is own hands, directing what needs to be done, when it needs to be done.
How in the ever loving world do you know he is worrying himself to death about it?

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I can tell you already it's a pipe dream. Best wishes anyway in the attempt, but self assured people can and do come across as pompus at times.

Conceivia

Working to save mankind

When God sent Jonas to warn the people of Nineveh, the people listened and they were not destroyed. Jesus gave that as an example, which to me suggests that if the people listen, they will not be destroyed.

Jonas' name means dove, which is symbolic of peace. So Jonas could be symbolic of the peace maker who God will send, so that story could be saying that if you do not listen you will be destroyed.

How will God save us, if we are absolutely refuse to do anything to help save ourselves? God's power is in the people, and if we don't do as God suggests, we have only ourselves to blame. Even if God can completely bypass our absolute apathy, and save us in spite of our continual efforts to destroy ourselves, why should he? If he saves us, we'll continue to try to destroy ourselves. If we save ourselves, than we'll continue to save ourselves.

It looks to me like God's plan is to allow the US to be destroyed, and then afterwards create World Peace. That appears to be optional though. You can choose one way or the other.

So, maybe you're right. Maybe I should let it be, and if a few hundred million people die, well then I guess it's not my problem...

You people make excuse after excuse to not make any effort for World Peace. In order to have World Peace, we need to eliminate the excuses and get to work on it. This just proves that we do need a new religion.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
War is caused by material conditions that will not be changed by a new religion.
Exactly. Not to mention religion has already proven an effective catalyst for conflict. Conformity is just not universal. Its not even practical.

If it was, I suspect war would have been largely a thing of the past long ago. At least among ourselves.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
When God sent Jonas to warn the people of Nineveh, the people listened and they were not destroyed. Jesus gave that as an example, which to me suggests that if the people listen, they will not be destroyed.

That unfortunately didn't last. Nineveh was destroyed later for falling back to their old ways.

Jonas' name means dove, which is symbolic of peace. So Jonas could be symbolic of the peace maker who God will send, so that story could be saying that if you do not listen you will be destroyed.

That is the message of Jesus' entire ministry.
2 Thessalonians 1:6-9:
"This takes into account that it is righteous on God’s part to repay tribulation to those who make tribulation for you. 7 But you who suffer tribulation will be given relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels 8 in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance on those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus. 9 These very ones will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction from before the Lord and from the glory of his strength"

It is pretty much a done deal. Paul also reveals the reason why. (2 Thess 2:9-12) People don't love the truth.

How will God save us, if we are absolutely refuse to do anything to help save ourselves? God's power is in the people, and if we don't do as God suggests, we have only ourselves to blame. Even if God can completely bypass our absolute apathy, and save us in spite of our continual efforts to destroy ourselves, why should he? If he saves us, we'll continue to try to destroy ourselves. If we save ourselves, than we'll continue to save ourselves.

It is true that we must each do our part, but what part does Jesus ask us to do? He commanded his disciples to tell everyone about his kingdom so that they can choose to become citizens in it. Like all new citizens, they have to have a background check and learn the laws of their new homeland. Those who do not have any intentions of abiding by the laws, or respecting the King will not be granted citizenship.

It looks to me like God's plan is to allow the US to be destroyed, and then afterwards create World Peace. That appears to be optional though. You can choose one way or the other.

Its a much bigger issue than just the US. This is a global problem and the internet and controlled media are bringing the horror of it into our living rooms every night. Man has no solutions...God always has. (Revelation 21:1-5) It is just not done in earth time. (2 Peter 3:8)

So, maybe you're right. Maybe I should let it be, and if a few hundred million people die, well then I guess it's not my problem...

Do you doubt that God cares about the lives that are lost through conflicts, natural disasters, wars and religious hatred, crime and violence? I assure you that he does, and the only reason that he can allow it to go on is because he promises to reverse it all. God can restore everything we have lost including life, and create a "new heavens and a new earth" where the righteous can live forever in peace. (2 Peter 3:13)

You people make excuse after excuse to not make any effort for World Peace. In order to have World Peace, we need to eliminate the excuses and get to work on it. This just proves that we do need a new religion.

What do you see this new religion having and doing that will make everyone want to subscribe to it?