• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Create your own Paradigm of Gods

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Okay any one can do this and it's easy. You can takes Gods from any where, take a creature(s) form show or books or even make your own Gods up, and you can mix them too. Make your own set of Gods for yourself.
I'm working on mine right now and will post then when I'm done.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Why? What are you trying to achieve?

No reason really, just something for fun. I guess it makes more sense really if you're a Chaos Magician. And maybe if someone has a good Paradigm I can use it. My Gods mean more fun.

kadzbiz

Well good luck with that. Creating a paradigm of gods would probably require you to create the associated tenets and philosophies, and basically you have created your own religion, but to have a religion you'd need followers, so you'd have to indoctrinate members and have a place to congregate etc. and, in the end, I think it's been done to death, but if you're doing it for fun, go ahead and enjoy yourself.

kadzbiz

Even if the only member is yourself, it's still a viable religion to you.

Yes, perhaps it is at that. One could break a rule and then absolve oneself or administer punishments to oneself. And if one doesn't quite like the belief, one could just modify it. Or could one? I mean, if one just modifies it to suit oneself, how could one take oneself's religion seriously?

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Yes, perhaps it is at that. One could break a rule and then absolve oneself or administer punishments to oneself. And if one doesn't quite like the belief, one could just modify it. Or could one? I mean, if one just modifies it to suit oneself, how could one take oneself's religion seriously?

That is a good point, though I guess one could not. But does it really matter in the end..........

kadzbiz

That is a good point, though I guess one could not. But does it really matter in the end..........

True. If you're doing it for fun, to hell with seriousness. I wonder how much fun it really would be though? Let us know how it turns out for you.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin

That seems to assume that there's already a set of beliefs to modify. If you're working from the ground up, you're not going to follow something you don't believe in in the first place.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
True. If you're doing it for fun, to hell with seriousness. I wonder how much fun it really would be though? Let us know how it turns out for you.

I will, but it's going to take me a bit longer now. The first idea I had fell though when I bought .hack/G.U. today, and a new idea pop up, and this one seem easy really then my first one.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan

Welcome to the world of Chaos Magick, my friend!

Belief can be used a tool. Paradigms--viewpoints, worldviews--can be shifted in order to gain understanding. Discordianism is (or seems) directly (or indirectly, or not at all) related in that nothing should be taken too seriously.

Chaos is the point of nothingness (and everthingness) that we grow from. It is where symbols begin.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Okay any one can do this and it's easy. You can takes Gods from any where, take a creature(s) form show or books or even make your own Gods up, and you can mix them too. Make your own set of Gods for yourself.
Tell me, in your own words, please, what is a paradigm?

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer

I'm interested in seeing what you come up with.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Okay, no offense, I'm just trying to understand.... how does a "creature from show or books" do that?

Well it doesn't you do. By changing your Paradigm on what God or the Gods are you can make your own, the would only be Thoughtforms and maybe only work as symbols for you but hey.