• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Create a Religious Book

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Yes, I'm serious. You have a year (until 8/25/2021).

I have been toying with that idea, but don't have the motivation. Every time I open my word editor, I just sigh and close it again. I would like to leave an open letter for myself, which is what it will come to.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
I'm currently working on mine. It should be done by the end of the month, assuming I don't get banned or something before then.

Salty, there was this book that talks about how many aspiring writers "wait for inspiration to hit them," but it said sometimes you have to just write, and the inspiration will hit you midway through (then you have to edit all that crap).

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Salty, there was this book that talks about how many aspiring writers "wait for inspiration to hit them," but it said sometimes you have to just write, and the inspiration will hit you midway through (then you have to edit all that crap).
Yes, inspiration has been thin lately. Writing isn't something I can force. It has to come out naturally or it isn't any good.

MNoBody

ME_129_Pooperty.png
ME_263_IncentiveToCreate2-640x199.png
ME_323_LawyersProtectArtists-640x199.png

rational experiences

Veteran Member
In the beginning there was a Holy human Father and a Holy human Mother who were living on a planet O for they stood on the ground. Surrounding them was a body of gases.

With them was a Nature Garden and animal lives that they claimed were beasts as an explanation about what they were not their own selves.

They looked at each other and saw a mutual living condition....yet both selves, human were different. And they felt a condition of their spiritual religious human teaching and taught it as love.

They had many children as those 2 parents, yet the having of children as a parent meant we had multi parents. We were so lucky our spiritual religious human family to have so many family members and so many parents to care and nurture us.

We learnt a lot of spiritual information from our diverse parents and loved our spiritual life.

As they lived they could see images and had dreams and pictures and stories in their minds. So they decided to change the wood of the trees and make paper. To use an expressive idea....to write down what they saw and what thoughts they owned.

To then sit with their children and read about dreamed stories, to make life more interesting than what it was...about a magical human condition that they could express.

And hence the new religious book was written for human life. My new yet very old religious book. For you cannot quote a religious book unless it is very old and told many times as a dreamed story.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Still workin' on it, albeit at a snail's pace.
This work is a very rough draft; it's current form basically a loose collection of thoughts and ideas cobbled together. There will be a lot of errors, inconsistencies, redundancies, etc. (perhaps even incoherent) that will be ironed out and expanded upon over time. Still have lot's of subjects that I wish to include but haven't figured out how to approach/articulate yet. Also, this **** was henpecked on a mobile (my laptop is toast :() hence the typos.

Think of this work in its current form as some sort of larval creature writhing in a translucent egg down in the dark depths of primordial soup; it's tendrils breaking free and reaching up towards the sun's beams that irradiate the surface.

The contents of this book are provided as a guide or food for thought. Take from it what you will.

The origins of corporeal reality and life itself are a mystery, yet we've an innate drive to discover and learn. Obtaining knowledge and understanding is a noble goal and imperative to our growth.
The pursuit of meaning itself bestows purpose. If we fill in the blanks with unsubstantiated presumptions, we stagnate and atrophy intellectually. Let the unknown be a challenge; a mystery to solve, a goal to attain.
The scientific, empirical approach along with objective observation and critical thinking is the honest pure path. That said, one shouldn't dismiss possibilities outside our current body of knowledge and understanding, which is still limited when you consider the scope and scale of our infinitely vast and complex universe.

An infinitely intelligent being would be infinitely patient and understanding rather than react like a petty mortal with a fragile ego.
God's mind and thoughts would be infinitely vast and complex, thus bruised pride, angry reaction, desire for vengeance, etc. makes no sense. With infinite knowledge and understanding, god's state of mind woukd be one of serenity. Or perhaps god's mind is every thought and feeling the universe, collectively, like a network, or cells in a body. The universe and everything within it would be a part of rather than separate from god.
Perhaps it's through the consciousness of living thing that god/the universe can thinks, feels and experiences
Ultimately god would be a being of infinite love and infinite logic, thus anything devoid of these, such as the concept of eternal damnation, could not be of god.
If we assume such a being is infinitely intelligent, then it stands to reason that they'd also be infinitely patient and understanding. They wouldn't be insecure or have a fragile ego where they required constant praise and reassurance, nor would they behave in a petty and vindictive manner. They wouldn't give us the ability to reason only for us to forgo its use.
Whatever god is, or whether they exist at all, is a mystery; we shouldn't be beholden to presumption and speculation, nor to the words of self appointed and self serving middlemen. The path before us and how we walk it is what matters.
The purpose and meaning of life is to find a purpose and meaning for your own, and to be fulfilled by that journey.

Humans are empathic, social animals who cooperate and look out for one another for both mutual benefit and self interest. This naturally leads to rules conduct that are necessary to attain shared goals. Societies couldn't survive or thrive without a form of ethics or morality to maintain a sense of order.
While different cultures and religions hold moral codes that can differ wildly, there are also many commonalities. The aspects that are shared tend to have their basis in reason and compassion. This overlap tends to separate the largely arbitrary, irrational, and unsubstantiated moral codes. Another aspect that separates this outmoded codes vs. those based upon reason and compassion have real world consequences. All actions should be weighed and measured by both their intention and outcome.

Character and conduct effect and reflect our reputation and self worth.

Love and logic, reason and compassion; let these be the basis for moral conduct.

The mind, body, and spirit are to be inviolable; subject only to one's own will.

Embrace and exercise liberty, but neither deny nor violate the liberty of others.

Defend and protect the innocent from those who would victimize them.

Think critically and objectively; seek knowledge and understanding.

Pursue desires and pleasures, but practice responsibility and moderation.

Weigh the consequences of actions and accept accountability for them.

Accept and embrace the nature of oneself and of the world.

Display respect and appreciation when it's due, withhold when it is not.

Judge others only by character and conduct, be honorable in your own.

All is subject to critique and scrutiny, nothing is beyond reproach.

Do not wallow in denial, willful ignorance, and intellectual dishonesty.

Be cautiously skeptic, but optimistically open-minded.

See through posturing and pretense; topple pedestals of undue reverence.

Resort to violence only as a means of defense or preservation.

Sexual conduct should only be between consenting adults.

Break taboos and make hamburger out of sacred cows.

Cultivate the body through diet and exercise.

Cultivate the mind through learning and introspection.

Cultivate the spirit through creativity and expression.

Preserve the ecosystem that provides us our food, water, and air.

Trust science and value scientific achievements and pursuits.

Base belief upon what's substantiated and rational.

Do not over invest emotion and ego into trivial things.

Avoid hypocrisy and double standards. Act as you speak.

Would love suggestions, questions, critique, etc.

Donjon Maudit

I'm a little unfashionably late to the party, but this gives me something to do with my Neocities account so I will give this challenge a try.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Create a Religious Book

Why don't they create a "Resource"/book for Atheism people, please? Right?
The religious people already have. Right?

Regards
" Now coming to the " resource" of Athe(ism), why don't they start building the "resource", if they lacked to start with, please. Right?"