• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Craving

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
All form of craving, taste, sound, touch, hearing pleasant sound and so on
Then no. Affectionate detachment isn't all that hard. You can practice it by purposefully denying yourself something appealing. It's a strong power to have, will.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Then no. Affectionate detachment isn't all that hard. You can practice it by purposefully denying yourself something appealing. It's a strong power to have, will.

Yes i agree with you :) In my 20 years with the buddhist teaching i found what is difficult and what is not difficult to let go of :)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Yes i agree with you :) In my 20 years with the buddhist teaching i found what is difficult and what is not difficult to let go of :)
Physical cravings are tougher. Hunger, the desire for warmth, and all that. Psychological stuff, you can train your mind out of it. I personally crave darshan, but that would be considered healthy for most dharmics, and it's neither physical nor psychological.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
This is a bit of a problem for me right now. I've gone so far down the rabbit hole ridding myself of cravings and attachments, for so long, that I have to pay attention to when my body really needs something.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
This is a bit of a problem for me right now. I've gone so far down the rabbit hole ridding myself of cravings and attachments, for so long, that I have to pay attention to when my body really needs something.
Yes, sometimes the opposite is true. We were so frugal when we raised kids, out of necessity, that I'm still teaching myself how to spend money. Some people would envy this problem.