• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cracks in the ISIS ?

Is ISIS a true threat today?

• They were but not now

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No they never were a threat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other please feel free to make any comments about ISIS etc

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
I believe I was wrong when I claimed ISIS was a threat to future of the world. To encapsulate my reasons for that stance are as follows. One ISIS was not a political movement 'per se'. ISIS is an ideology and because of that the members were insanely dedicated to their cause. Also their potential membership base, ie future supporters and fighters numbered in the billions, the number of people claiming Islam as their belief system*.. They were experts in capturing the eye, then body and soul of young adult males and females (to a lesser extent than males). They were well armed for insurgents, and had nearly inexhaustible funding sources. They had a superb propagandist program as well as battle plan. Go in then convert the 'conquered' population via brain washing them using their religion etc. I left most the particulars out, but you guys get the idea? ISIS had and still has a chance to rule the world if they can convert enough people to radicalized Islam. At one time that goal seemed to be possible but in the same vein of winning the lottery, still it was possible. However, now as more major countries reject them and use military force to defeat ISIS even winning the lottery seems a lot less possible. it appears the world has turned totally against them. They made huge blunders that allowed this. Anyway, the talking point is; does the membership at RF feel ISIS is or was a threat to world peace etc. and what is their future. I will post few questions for the poll.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Weren't the U.S. and English supporting and arming the rebels?- Maybe this is why we need to blame Russia
cqpsqefwcaepdmt.png

MrMrdevincamus

By rebels do you mean ISIS? No, not on purpose. Most of the weapons of ISIS are mismatch of past conflicts, some USA most small arms appear to eastern bloc. All major nations attempt to arm insurgents to aid in their cause. Usually its a mistake because the insurgents have no loyalties and its impossible to nation build anyway, unless a huge majority of the population wants the change. Trump should do as he promised ie stop the wars and the nation building and make those that can not be stopped pay for their war. The above and the state of the world today is why I advocate total western hemisphere isolation. Globalism would be a wonderful thing, a paradise really but the greed in man will not allow us that paradise.
: { >

DavidFirth

ISIS will continue to exist as a unit until someone wipes them out and scatters them. Then they will just be another terrorist group out there looking to kill people so they can get in the news.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe I was wrong when I claimed ISIS was a threat to future of the world. To encapsulate my reasons for that stance are as follows. One ISIS was not a political movement 'per se'. ISIS is an ideology and because of that the members were insanely dedicated to their cause. Also their potential membership base, ie future supporters and fighters numbered in the billions, the number of people claiming Islam as their belief system*.. They were experts in capturing the eye, then body and soul of young adult males and females (to a lesser extent than males). They were well armed for insurgents, and had nearly inexhaustible funding sources. They had a superb propagandist program as well as battle plan. Go in then convert the 'conquered' population via brain washing them using their religion etc. I left most the particulars out, but you guys get the idea? ISIS had and still has a chance to rule the world if they can convert enough people to radicalized Islam. At one time that goal seemed to be possible but in the same vein of winning the lottery, still it was possible. However, now as more major countries reject them and use military force to defeat ISIS even winning the lottery seems a lot less possible. it appears the world has turned totally against them. They made huge blunders that allowed this. Anyway, the talking point is; does the membership at RF feel ISIS is or was a threat to world peace etc. and what is their future. I will post few questions for the poll.

I would say that ISIS seems more of a local threat - just one of many factions vying for power in an unstable and explosive region. If they somehow manage to prevail within a specific country and can establish a power base, they may become more of a threat. Until then, they're just another group of terrorists without a country. Even Iran opposes ISIS, and they seem to have rather widespread and violent opposition within numerous Muslim-majority countries. Although Turkey seems to be a bit of a wild card lately, so it's not clear how that might turn out.

As some US politicians have mentioned, we could "bomb them back to the Stone Age." If we did that, we could likely totally annihilate ISIS - along with countless innocent civilians. This would create enormous resentment and hatred against America that it would make ISIS look like a Sunday social club.

This is another area where Russia and the US have to get on the same page, since ISIS is against both America and Russia. They could become a greater threat if the US and Russia can't come to terms.

As far as an ideological threat or the potential of converting people to radicalized Islam, they're not really having that much success - even in countries where most of the people are already Muslim. That's where the rubber meets the road, since most people don't really seem to want the kind of world that ISIS is offering, not even the Muslims in Syria and Iraq who are fighting them.

Our other option is that we could just pull out and let the local factions fight it out among themselves. But then that might leave Russia - or other regional powers like Turkey or Iran - to flex their muscle in the region. So, it's a delicate balance we have to deal with.

I don't really see that ISIS would be the main "threat" anyway. They're just the latest in a series of "threats" which have come out of a region which has been chaotic and unstable for many decades. They'll go away someday, and some new "threat" will arise to take its place.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
ISIS is the latest group that desires a theocratic state. Theocratic states are nothing new, Israel is one. There are those in the USA (Chrstian dominion theology), those who want India to enshrine Hindu principles in law. Some are relatively peaceful and some violent.

Until the root cause which addresses why all those groups exist, they will continue to be a problem. When one is wiped out, another will take its place.

MrMrdevincamus

ISIS will continue to exist as a unit until someone wipes them out and scatters them. Then they will just be another terrorist group out there looking to kill people so they can get in the news.
I would say that ISIS seems more of a local threat - just one of many factions vying for power in an unstable and explosive region. If they somehow manage to prevail within a specific country and can establish a power base, they may become more of a threat. Until then, they're just another group of terrorists without a country. Even Iran opposes ISIS, and they seem to have rather widespread and violent opposition within numerous Muslim-majority countries. Although Turkey seems to be a bit of a wild card lately, so it's not clear how that might turn out.

As some US politicians have mentioned, we could "bomb them back to the Stone Age." If we did that, we could likely totally annihilate ISIS - along with countless innocent civilians. This would create enormous resentment and hatred against America that it would make ISIS look like a Sunday social club.

This is another area where Russia and the US have to get on the same page, since ISIS is against both America and Russia. They could become a greater threat if the US and Russia can't come to terms.

As far as an ideological threat or the potential of converting people to radicalized Islam, they're not really having that much success - even in countries where most of the people are already Muslim. That's where the rubber meets the road, since most people don't really seem to want the kind of world that ISIS is offering, not even the Muslims in Syria and Iraq who are fighting them.

Our other option is that we could just pull out and let the local factions fight it out among themselves. But then that might leave Russia - or other regional powers like Turkey or Iran - to flex their muscle in the region. So, it's a delicate balance we have to deal with.

I don't really see that ISIS would be the main "threat" anyway. They're just the latest in a series of "threats" which have come out of a region which has been chaotic and unstable for many decades. They'll go away someday, and some new "threat" will arise to take its place.

Great replies, because I agree with both of you! Ha ha...a litle levity on this dark day dont hurt eh? Yes I do agree with most of both posts. When ISIS emerged I feared those that created it and the members had hit that perfect storm, the same as occurred in 1930's Germany, and before that in 1914. Of course neither of those had a theocracy 'cause' to stiffen up the resolve of its members and leaders. Germany I think, and by saying this I may be showing my ignorance of political science, I think Germany could be said to possess an ideology of state worship. The ideology was a primary part of the Nazi movement with its values and beliefs but it was in flux esperually before Hitler coalesced it into an religion like system. So when ISIS emerged it seemed every bit as dedicated to world wide domination as Germany. With the religious factor built in and the suicidal zeal of its soldiers and its (again at first) superb propaganda campaign and long term planning (that is now failing) it seemed to me ISIS was a real threat to world security especially with the unbelievable power of converting innocent recruits into suicidal walking talking bombs! It is that, the power of ISIS and other groups that interpret the Quran and Islam to be practiced as brutal violent murderous religion that remains a very dangerous thing indeed!

Happily the events of the last year has change my mind and as I said I now agree with both your assessments. Oh, by past events I am referencing the world turning on ISIS, especially the major players like Russia etc. Also ISIS recruits seem to be seeing through the lie that ISIS propaganda promotes (I hope).

; { >

RIP TO THE INNOCENT LIVES THAT WERE LOST IN VEGAS. MY HEART IS HEAVY WITH SADNESS ~

Last edited: