• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowboy Coffee

Bob the Unbeliever

Your grind might be too fine. Like Cowboy Coffee, a French press works best with a coarse grind.

Possibly. The nice thing, though? The way I'm doing it, is that fine or course, doesn't matter to the filter I'm using.

And I've never met a can or bag of coffee-- grind myself or pre-ground? That didn't have "coffee dust". Seems to be a by-product of grinding, which is pretty chaotic anyway.

My grinder, back when I was really into this stuff, was a metal conical burr machine. Still made coffee dust.

But I appreciate the suggestions. I am just not impressed with French Press.

Bob the Unbeliever

You are probably not using enough ground coffee then! ;)

Makes sense. But I am going through coffee much faster than when I refilled my metal Keurig pod-thingy. ;)

I make up to the "8" mark on my pot, which nearly fills a 30 ounce vacuum flask. And I use about 1/3 a cup of grounds per batch.

I kinda shudder to think I need **more** for the same volume of liquid!

Which brings another issue-- my French Press doesn't make enough, and it's the "large" size from what was available at the time...

I ended up using it for loose teas instead-- in that regard, it's excellent. Still a righteous PITA to clean, though...

Thief

Rogue Theologian
is it a bad thing....?
the bottom of the thermos has some kind of sludge
looks like mud

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Makes sense. But I am going through coffee much faster than when I refilled my metal Keurig pod-thingy. ;)

I make up to the "8" mark on my pot, which nearly fills a 30 ounce vacuum flask. And I use about 1/3 a cup of grounds per batch.

I kinda shudder to think I need **more** for the same volume of liquid!

Which brings another issue-- my French Press doesn't make enough, and it's the "large" size from what was available at the time...

I ended up using it for loose teas instead-- in that regard, it's excellent. Still a righteous PITA to clean, though...
Try mixing some lighter roast beans with some darker roast beans before you grind them for a broader flavor profile then.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
would it be in bad taste...?
to direct discussion what cowboy coffee does to your colon