• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Covid

exchemist

Veteran Member
Take care. I'm still getting over it and cannot shake the fatigue or body aches 2 and a half weeks later, and I had an opportunistic bug jump in behind it and today's my last day taking zpak to get over those symptoms.
And for some reason the bottoms of my feet have hurt and ached hella bad.
Yes I found the fatigue can last quite a while and the advice seems to be not to try to push through it, or you can bring on a fatigue episode and also slow down recovery. It can be intermittent: great one day and zapped the next, so I found it best not to make commitments involving effort when feeling fine, only to have to break them later.

Regarding the feet, I started to suffer with sore bottoms of my feet some years and was told I had worn down the fat pads on my feet with a lot of walking over the years and there was nothing I could do about it, i.e. it was just ageing (I was then about 60). I subsequently found I could manage it by care in choice of footwear, but I need to watch it a bit still. I've always found that illness makes worse whatever chronic aches and pains one is subject to. It may be that is what is happening to you. But you do seem far too young to have worn your feet out. In which case it may just be part of the all-round weirdness of covid.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Tested positive a few days ago. Symptoms nowhere near as mild as I would have hoped, but nowhere near as severe as I might have feared. Alternating between doing a lot of sleeping and trying to do a lot of sleeping. Started on plaxlovid. Is it working? Don’t know.

Just the gift I was seeking as I hurtle toward my 75th birthday.

Just wanted to give a heads up why over the short term I might seem less coherent, less acerbic, less funny and less present.
Bad luck. But you should be OK if you're all jabbed up. And, looking on the bright side, it should boost your immune system against further infection.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Tested positive a few days ago. Symptoms nowhere near as mild as I would have hoped, but nowhere near as severe as I might have feared. Alternating between doing a lot of sleeping and trying to do a lot of sleeping. Started on plaxlovid. Is it working? Don’t know.

Just wanted to give a heads up why over the short term I might seem less coherent, less acerbic, less funny and less present.
Get well soon.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Don't forget, zinc, selenium, Vitamin C.... and....

PRAYER. :D

Trusting in quick recovery because of the benefits (Psalms 103)

pearl

OGC.bacc90c548efa6cf70f0c98e4411760b

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Get better! We also sadly got it, about a week in. Definitely not fun, makes me wish there was a shot that could prevent it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Regarding the feet, I started to suffer with sore bottoms of my feet some years and was told I had worn down the fat pads on my feet with a lot of walking over the years and there was nothing I could do about it, i.e. it was just ageing (I was then about 60).
This started entirely when I got covid. Happened with my mom too. My best friend, her and those of her family when they got it they had hip pains with it.

exchemist

Veteran Member
This started entirely when I got covid. Happened with my mom too. My best friend, her and those of her family when they got it they had hip pains with it.
Hmm. Then I’ll watch out for that next time I get it. Last time it was just like a cold. It’s clearly a shape-shifter when it comes to symptoms.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

Wishing you a swift recovery

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

Hope you get well soon, my friend & rabbi. :heart:

BTW, when did you ever have humor? :p