• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Covid vaccine. Who took it, who didn't?

have you taken the covid vaccine and trust in it

• yes, I trust it

Votes: 26 68.4%
  • no, I don't trust it

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • undecided

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Incidentally, since a few different people have brought up efficacy of vaccines against new variants, there is new data indicating the Pfizer vaccine is in fact effective at preventing infection from the South African COVID strain:

Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 shot 91% effective in updated data, protective against South African variant (yahoo.com)
I am amazed how easy these so called scientist dare make such ridiculous claims about a future covid variant, while the same scientists have no clue still about the current virus and vaccine . In Germany and Holland they stopped certain vaccines due to unexpected results

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That's what Geert Vanden Bossche said in the video.

He said it's like downloading a new software into your operating system.
That is a great analogy. I am in the process of watching the video now, in between posts. :)
I do not want any new software or a new OS, I am happy with the OS and software I presently use.

stvdv

Imo, requiring that everyone take the vaccine is just wrong, but private companies or even the government agencies can do it and we have no control over that.
Totally Adharmic what they do IMO

I also doubt that the current version of vaccines will ever get us back to pre-pandemic life, which is what most people are hoping for. Frankly, I don't think any vaccines are going to accomplish that because I do not believe that is what God wants for humanity, but that is another discussion.
I know that they don't want to get us back to normal for a fact. They told us this, in Holland, using the term "The New Normal". And I can understand why they started their Plan with the New Normal. They worked on this for a long time, not to give it up any time soon

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
OK, if you are totally isolated, you are not a danger.
No food shopping, no exercise in public places, etc.
I go grocery shopping twice a week at closing time when there are about two people in the store.
The requirement is masks and six feet apart.
Now how am I a danger to other people?

stvdv

I haven't took it yet. I'm leary of side effects that may come with a drug/ vaccine developed so quickly.
I put myself as undecided.
My Master used to say "no hurry no worry"

I am not in a hurry. I decide after 10 years,(Deo volente) only 8.5 to go:D. Time flies

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I'm not left or right. And I have never complained about medicine's or disease with the exception of cancer. In my opinion we don't cure cancer because its a multi-billion dollar business and thousands of clinics would have to shut down and millions of people would be without a job if cancer was cured.

I also find it ironic that people who complained about we can't trust the government with pretty much anything now run to that government and puts their life in its hand.

As for the virus where did it come from? Was it just a coincidence that a viral lab that does experiments and manipulates viruses was located at the out break?
Is the animal(s) they are blaming it on only exclusive to Wuhan? If not why didn't it break out in others places?

In my opinion there is still a lot we don't know and may never know.
And if we ever cured HIV/AIDS, Gilead would lose its cash cow.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
How am I a danger to others if (a) I do not have the virus and (b) I am not around others?

The only people who people who are at any level of risk to others are those who are asymptomatic and those who are symptomatic. Even so, the transmission isn't a death sentence. Since we do not know who is asymptomatic, we don't know who we are putting at risk and IF we are. It is unnecessary to be upset at other people who do not take the vaccine unless they ARE at risk of spreading it to others.

Instead, in general, one can have a good, genuinely, and positive level of concern for those who have not taken the vaccine. Which is well appreciated especially when respect is given for those who choose not to. But unless we KNOW everyone IS asymptomatic, it just depends on a person's personal preference and concern whether or not they choose to get it.

I honestly don't know on RF who has a level of genuine concern for the unvaccinated and who does not...but, nonetheless, it should always remain a personal decision. No doctor will coerce or force their patient to take anything he or she is not comfortable taking and they are not at an Immediate risk to be forced to take it. I'd hope people would share that same medical ethic.

stvdv

In my opinion we don't cure cancer because its a multi-billion dollar business and thousands of clinics would have to shut down and millions of people would be without a job if cancer was cured.
Not just cancer. Big Pharma = Big Business

As for the virus where did it come from? Was it just a coincidence that a viral lab that does experiments and manipulates viruses was located at the out break?
Latest news it might have come from a lab in USA (China claims:D)

In my opinion there is still a lot we don't know and may never know.
And I know there is a lot they don't want us to know also

Last edited:

stvdv

Or like the update from the New Testament to the Writings of Baha'u'llah. ;)
Koran updated NT, and Baha'u'llah the Koran, or not? Or was Koran just another Scripture for another group. I mean, in those days they did not have internet and stuff, so God send His Messengers all over the place. Now with internet all have the opportunity to know