• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Covid vaccine. Who took it, who didn't?

have you taken the covid vaccine and trust in it

• yes, I trust it

Votes: 26 68.4%
  • no, I don't trust it

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • undecided

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
France is very slow on administering the vaccine, to date just over 9 million first injections. I had hoped given hubbies, and to a lesser extent my medical history that we would have had the jab by now... but no, hubby gets his first injection in a couple of weeks, me about 3 weeks later.

We have no qualms about the vaccines, on the contrary, thr sooner everyone is inoculated the sooner we can get back to some semblance of a normal life

We Never Know

No Slack
COVID vaccines underwent the same safety testing as any other vaccine. Vaccines were rolled out quickly because pharmaceutical companies received funding to manufacture vaccines simultaneously with testing, which normally does not happen.

I've received both doses of the Pfizer vaccine, and am quite happy I have.

On average, vaccine development can take 10-15 years. Given that we are living in the middle of a global pandemic, waiting a decade for a vaccine is far from ideal. So, with speed being an important factor, how are researchers adapting to ensure a successful vaccine for COVID-19 can be made available quickly, yet safely?

Can vaccine clinical trials be sped up safely for COVID-19?

Vaccine development is a long, complex process, often lasting 10-15 years and involving a combination of public and private involvement.

Vaccine Development, Testing, and Regulation | History of Vaccines

The creation of a vaccine involves scientists and medical experts from around the world, and it usually requires 10 to 15 years of research before the vaccine is made available to the general public.

The Science Behind Vaccine Research and Testing

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
On average, vaccine development can take 10-15 years. Given that we are living in the middle of a global pandemic, waiting a decade for a vaccine is far from ideal. So, with speed being an important factor, how are researchers adapting to ensure a successful vaccine for COVID-19 can be made available quickly, yet safely?

Vaccine development is a long, complex process, often lasting 10-15 years and involving a combination of public and private involvement.

Vaccine Development, Testing, and Regulation | History of Vaccines

The creation of a vaccine involves scientists and medical experts from around the world, and it usually requires 10 to 15 years of research before the vaccine is made available to the general public.

The Science Behind Vaccine Research and Testing

See also:

"The vaccines for the novel coronavirus went through the same layers of review and testing as other vaccines. Due to the dire nature of the pandemic, certain barriers to development, related to funding and manufacturing, were removed.

To understand how this is possible, it is important to know how the vaccine development process typically works and how the COVID vaccine was created."

COVID Vaccine Testing and Approval

And also:

COVID-19 Vaccine Effectiveness Research | CDC

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
See also:

"The vaccines for the novel coronavirus went through the same layers of review and testing as other vaccines. Due to the dire nature of the pandemic, certain barriers to development, related to funding and manufacturing, were removed.

To understand how this is possible, it is important to know how the vaccine development process typically works and how the COVID vaccine was created."

They tweek testing and shortened testing time.

"One approach to speed up testing of vaccines is through “adaptive trials”. These are trials that are constantly tweaked as they go."

"Another approach is to reduce the time between the start of different phases of the vaccine clinical trial process as much as possible. For example, starting a phase 3 trial while a phase 2 trial is still ongoing and before it has yielded preliminary results."

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
How does it work in the US?

Is it just a free for all or is there some order of priority?
It depends on the state, and then it can depend on the county, and it may even depend on the vaccine location. It's mostly been prioritized with various qualifications and such, such as age group and exposure list. But, it has been confusing, inconsistent, and truly an embarrassment for the country who won the Space Race.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
They tweek testing and shortened testing time.

"One approach to speed up testing of vaccines is through “adaptive trials”. These are trials that are constantly tweaked as they go."

"Another approach is to reduce the time between the start of different phases of the vaccine clinical trial process as much as possible. For example, starting a phase 3 trial while a phase 2 trial is still ongoing and before it has yielded preliminary results."

...and so...?

"Developing a vaccine is a top priority for the government, FDA and other regulatory bodies. To speed along the review of vaccine efficacy data, a number of administrative changes were made that prioritized COVID vaccine work. For example, all COVID-19 vaccine clinical trial phases were planned at once to prevent the delay that can usually occur.

None of these changes have affected the way scientists or the FDA evaluate vaccine safety."

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I haven't took it yet. I'm leary of side effects that may come with a drug/ vaccine developed so quickly.
I put myself as undecided.

I won't be taking it. It has little to do with its efficiency and possible side affects. With that, I'd ask my doctor before taking anything-shot, med, or otherwise. Maybe, its more political and personal decision. The vaccine had been developed too quickly compared to other treatments for diseases just as bad if not more so-probably because of lack of funding of the latter. But not insofar I'd like to debate about it.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Death happens to everyone, at different times, for different reasons, its a natural happening. No one beats it.
What I found out from this virus is, with all my religious friends and non-religious friends is that my non-religious friends were more worried about dying than my religious friends. Some were freaking out and became borderline paranoid.
My opinion on that is while no one wants to die, the religious believe there is something after whereas the non-religious don't.

That insight has a couple of meanings. Interesting.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
You didn't read mine. They directly contradicted you.

No, they didn't. This is fun.

Your links mentioned ways vaccines are traditionally developed and possible ways those processes could be abbreviated. Mine explained what actually happened in the case of COVID vaccines. Which was what I explained earlier.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
The irony is, for years I've listened to people on the Right whine about how long it takes for new medications and vaccines to come on the market because of how slow and horribly inefficient the government is with all its pesky safety trials it requires.

Now the government has stepped up and made the process more efficient, and the gripe is...the vaccines were developed too quickly?

LOL.

C'mon folks. Pick a lane.

We Never Know

No Slack
The irony is, for years I've listened to people on the Right whine about how long it takes for new medications and vaccines to come on the market because of how slow and horribly inefficient the government is with all its pesky safety trials it requires.

Now the government has stepped up and made the process more efficient, and the gripe is...the vaccines were developed too quickly?

LOL.

C'mon folks. Pick a lane.

I'm not left or right. And I have never complained about medicine's or disease with the exception of cancer. In my opinion we don't cure cancer because its a multi-billion dollar business and thousands of clinics would have to shut down and millions of people would be without a job if cancer was cured.

I also find it ironic that people who complained about we can't trust the government with pretty much anything now run to that government and puts their life in its hand.

As for the virus where did it come from? Was it just a coincidence that a viral lab that does experiments and manipulates viruses was located at the out break?
Is the animal(s) they are blaming it on only exclusive to Wuhan? If not why didn't it break out in others places?

In my opinion there is still a lot we don't know and may never know.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Death happens to everyone, at different times, for different reasons, its a natural happening. No one beats it.
What I found out from this virus is, with all my religious friends and non-religious friends is that my non-religious friends were more worried about dying than my religious friends. Some were freaking out and became borderline paranoid.
My opinion on that is while no one wants to die, the religious believe there is something after whereas the non-religious don't.

True, we're all going to die. I would prefer to wait!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm not left or right. And I have never complained about medicine's or disease with the exception of cancer. In my opinion we don't cure cancer because its a multi-billion dollar business and thousands of clinics would have to shut down and millions of people would be without a job if cancer was cured.

I also find it ironic that people who complained about we can't trust the government with pretty much anything now run to that government and puts their life in its hand.

As for the virus where did it come from? Was it just a coincidence that a viral lab that does experiments and manipulates viruses was located at the out break?
Is the animal(s) they are blaming it on only exclusive to Wuhan? If not why didn't it break out in others places?

In my opinion there is still a lot we don't know and may never know.

True there are things we may never know. But either we are paralyzed with doubt or we choose to act on what we do know.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Right now normal is saying the old need help to survive the virus but the young will be fine.
However when I go to a 90 year old persons funeral i say they had a good life and when I go to a 10 year olds funeral I say their life never really started.

I don't know who is saying that any more. There are too many reports of young people, even a few children dying or becoming disabled from it.