• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Covid vaccine. Who took it, who didn't?

have you taken the covid vaccine and trust in it

• yes, I trust it

Votes: 26 68.4%
  • no, I don't trust it

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • undecided

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I am due for my second shot this week (Pfizer presumably, given that it was the first one given), and apart from feeling it is my duty to others to get a vaccine, I'm not that keen to get infected and perhaps suffer from some disability in the future. I have been getting Flu vaccines for the past several years, mainly because they are offered and free, but my social responsibility is less on this as I would normally know if I had such and would not venture out if so. With this virus it seems that we can be infectious even if not displaying symptoms and with it being more dangerous to life it seems sensible to take the vaccine offered. I hardly had any reaction to the first jab - perhaps a sore arm for less than a day. The fact is, vaccines work (if enough are vaccinated), otherwise we wouldn't have gotten rid of so many childhood illnesses or even banished some to history. The fact that these vaccines were done so quickly is perhaps a bit worrying but I am in no position to question such, so would trust those who are.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
My state opened the vaccine up to all residents on 3/29, so I'll be reaching out to a pharmacy in the coming week to schedule mine.

Do I trust it? I struggle to trust anything I haven't experienced myself. So I went with "undecided" in the poll. But I decided to take the vaccine regardless is there is hope of protecting myself and those around me.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I haven't took it yet. I'm leary of side effects that may come with a drug/ vaccine developed so quickly.
I put myself as undecided.
#MeToo

I did not get it past 16 month, so probably I don't get it. Never had the flu as long as I can remember.

I checked recently for Holland; usually people don't die of it, unless terminal ill, or over ca. 70 and the ones with serious underlying diseases.

US is different I checked last week. They have much more obese and diabetics than in Holland; both worsening immunesystem

So I do understand that Americans worry so much more than I do; they should (if attached to stay alive and healthy).

I am not attached to life or death, when I get it, so be it. If I die, I'm fine with that too. I achieved my purpose in life, and I am ready to go.
@stvdvRF

Last edited:

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
COVID vaccines underwent the same safety testing as any other vaccine. Vaccines were rolled out quickly because pharmaceutical companies received funding to manufacture vaccines simultaneously with testing, which normally does not happen.

I've received both doses of the Pfizer vaccine, and am quite happy I have.

Dave Watchman

I haven't took it yet. I'm leary of side effects that may come with a drug/ vaccine developed so quickly.

I vote no.

I'm still watching how this all plays out.

I follow a virologist from Europe who has a theory that the mass vaccination campaigns are what is "driving" the new mutations. He theorizes that sars-cov-2 is actually being "trained" by the newly vaccinated host, in a similar way as to how we've seen the virus mutate in an immunocompromised patient over a multi day span prior to his death.

He's an interesting scientific read.

Check his credentials.

Geert Vanden Bossche (DVM, PhD)

Geert Vanden Bossche received his DVM from the University of Ghent, Belgium, and his PhD degree in Virology from the University of Hohenheim, Germany. He held adjunct faculty appointments at universities in Belgium and Germany. After his career in Academia, Geert joined several vaccine companies (GSK Biologicals, Novartis Vaccines, Solvay Biologicals) to serve various roles in vaccine R&D as well as in late vaccine development.

Geert then moved on to join the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation’s Global Health Discovery team in Seattle (USA) as Senior Program Officer; he then worked with the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI) in Geneva as Senior Ebola Program Manager. At GAVI he tracked efforts to develop an Ebola vaccine. He also represented GAVI in fora with other partners, including WHO, to review progress on the fight against Ebola and to build plans for global pandemic preparedness.

Back in 2015, Geert scrutinized and questioned the safety of the Ebola vaccine that was used in ring vaccination trials conducted by WHO in Guinea. His critical scientific analysis and report on the data published by WHO in the Lancet in 2015 was sent to all international health and regulatory authorities involved in the Ebola vaccination program.

After working for GAVI, Geert joined the German Center for Infection Research in Cologne as Head of the Vaccine Development Office. He is at present primarily serving as a Biotech/ Vaccine consultant while also conducting his own research on Natural Killer cell-based vaccines.​

Unreal.

He is smart.

I'm happy to consider his updates for free:

As ongoing mass vaccination campaigns are shifting the ‘reservoir’ of viral transmission to asymptomatically infected subjects (whether vaccinated or not),the likelihood for unvaccinated, previously asymptomatically infected subjects to experience re-infection with Sars-CoV-2 while being endowed with suboptimal and short-lived ant-S Abs substantially increases.

This is to say that within the population that is now most actively involved in viral transmission, new, spontaneously emerging S variants have plenty of opportunity to train under suboptimal immune pressure such as to ultimately adapt to the human host and become part of the dominant circulating Sars-Cov-2 population.

This is how - after initial breeding of selected viral variants as a direct result of infection prevention measures - subsequent mass vaccination campaigns will drive enhanced circulation of additional, more infectious viral S variants. ‘Training’ of such more infectious immune escape variants is thought to be reflected by the plateau that follows the vaccine-mediated decline in cases and the height of which exceeds the one following the previous wave of cases.

As mass vaccination campaigns have started in the vulnerable population, not only vaccinated subjects but also not yet vaccinated younger age groups will become a breeding ground for new infectious variants. There can be no doubt that continued mass vaccination campaigns will enable new, more infectious viral variants to become increasingly dominant and ultimately result in a dramatic incline in new cases despite enhanced vaccine coverage rates.

There can be no doubt either that this situation will soon lead to complete resistance of circulating variants to the current vaccines. This is certainly not what would be expected by those who claim that enhanced and accelerated mass vaccination is going to diminish circulation of new dominant variants and will, therefore, further reduce viral infection rates and flatten morbidity and mortality curves.

https://www.geertvandenbossche.org/

He thinks we should know fairly soon, 2 to 4 weeks.

Depending on the jurisdiction.

My jurisdiction is doing it by age, patience grasshopper, I'm still too young.

Yee Ha.

Giddy Up.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I vote no.

I'm still watching how this all plays out.

I follow a virologist from Europe who has a theory that the mass vaccination campaigns are what is "driving" the new mutations. He theorizes that sars-cov-2 is actually being "trained" by the newly vaccinated host, in a similar way as to how we've seen the virus mutate in an immunocompromised patient over a multi day span prior to his death.

He's an interesting scientific read.

Check his credentials.

Geert Vanden Bossche (DVM, PhD)

Geert Vanden Bossche received his DVM from the University of Ghent, Belgium, and his PhD degree in Virology from the University of Hohenheim, Germany. He held adjunct faculty appointments at universities in Belgium and Germany. After his career in Academia, Geert joined several vaccine companies (GSK Biologicals, Novartis Vaccines, Solvay Biologicals) to serve various roles in vaccine R&D as well as in late vaccine development.

Geert then moved on to join the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation’s Global Health Discovery team in Seattle (USA) as Senior Program Officer; he then worked with the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI) in Geneva as Senior Ebola Program Manager. At GAVI he tracked efforts to develop an Ebola vaccine. He also represented GAVI in fora with other partners, including WHO, to review progress on the fight against Ebola and to build plans for global pandemic preparedness.

Back in 2015, Geert scrutinized and questioned the safety of the Ebola vaccine that was used in ring vaccination trials conducted by WHO in Guinea. His critical scientific analysis and report on the data published by WHO in the Lancet in 2015 was sent to all international health and regulatory authorities involved in the Ebola vaccination program.

After working for GAVI, Geert joined the German Center for Infection Research in Cologne as Head of the Vaccine Development Office. He is at present primarily serving as a Biotech/ Vaccine consultant while also conducting his own research on Natural Killer cell-based vaccines.​

Unreal.

He is smart.

I'm happy to consider his updates for free:

As ongoing mass vaccination campaigns are shifting the ‘reservoir’ of viral transmission to asymptomatically infected subjects (whether vaccinated or not),the likelihood for unvaccinated, previously asymptomatically infected subjects to experience re-infection with Sars-CoV-2 while being endowed with suboptimal and short-lived ant-S Abs substantially increases.

This is to say that within the population that is now most actively involved in viral transmission, new, spontaneously emerging S variants have plenty of opportunity to train under suboptimal immune pressure such as to ultimately adapt to the human host and become part of the dominant circulating Sars-Cov-2 population.

This is how - after initial breeding of selected viral variants as a direct result of infection prevention measures - subsequent mass vaccination campaigns will drive enhanced circulation of additional, more infectious viral S variants. ‘Training’ of such more infectious immune escape variants is thought to be reflected by the plateau that follows the vaccine-mediated decline in cases and the height of which exceeds the one following the previous wave of cases.

As mass vaccination campaigns have started in the vulnerable population, not only vaccinated subjects but also not yet vaccinated younger age groups will become a breeding ground for new infectious variants. There can be no doubt that continued mass vaccination campaigns will enable new, more infectious viral variants to become increasingly dominant and ultimately result in a dramatic incline in new cases despite enhanced vaccine coverage rates.

There can be no doubt either that this situation will soon lead to complete resistance of circulating variants to the current vaccines. This is certainly not what would be expected by those who claim that enhanced and accelerated mass vaccination is going to diminish circulation of new dominant variants and will, therefore, further reduce viral infection rates and flatten morbidity and mortality curves.

https://www.geertvandenbossche.org/

He thinks we should know fairly soon, 2 to 4 weeks.

Depending on the jurisdiction.

My jurisdiction is doing it by age, patience grasshopper, I'm still too young.

Yee Ha.

Giddy Up.

So if his prediction does not occur in 2 to 4 weeks, will you then seek to be vaccinated?

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.

I have had shot one of two of the Pfizer vaccine. Just about a week ago. Had a bit of fatigue for two days and a sore arm for one. Not sure if I will get second one; the data suggest one shot is about 80% effective.

Dave Watchman

So if his prediction does not occur in 2 to 4 weeks, will you then seek to be vaccinated?

No.

I'll still be too young in 2 to 4 weeks .

And I'll see what Geert is saying then.

As I said, it still seems to be unfolding.

We need to watch specific locations to see the results.

There's other concerns suggested.

People are still getting sick, even the vaccinated, and those with previous antibodies.

Will the entire planet all need a new vaccine next year, to protect against whatever variant of concern develops then?

Or will the virus just mutate itself away like the original sars-cov-1?

In case of the latter, I'll be happy to be vaccine free.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
No.

I'll still be too young in 2 to 4 weeks .

I meant if you were otherwise eligible, of course.

And I'll see what Geert is saying then.

So your resistance to vaccination actually has nothing to do with his hyperbolic prediction. That's helpful.

As I said, it still seems to be unfolding.

We need to watch specific locations to see the results.

There's other concerns suggested.

People are still getting sick, even the vaccinated, and those with previous antibodies.

All things, everywhere, all the time, are "still unfolding." I assume that doesn't stop you from doing anything else you want to do in life.

As far as people still getting sick, vaccinated people are vastly less likely to get sick than non-vaccinated people, per all available data. No vaccine has ever been 100% effective. Have you chosen to receive other vaccinations?

Will the entire planet all need a new vaccine next year, to protect against whatever variant of concern develops then?

Probably, as with the flu.

In case of the latter, I'll be happy to be vaccine free.

I see, so unless you can be given 100% certainty that one shot will immunize you from all future variants of a virus for the rest of your life, you won't receive it?

Dave Watchman

All things, everywhere, all the time, are "still unfolding." I assume that doesn't stop you from doing anything else you want to do in life.

For sure it does.

My jurisdiction has just began a new 4 week lock down.

People want their old lives back.

Are we sure that it wasn't the behavior of their old lives that caused all this?

As far as people still getting sick, vaccinated people are vastly less likely to get sick than non-vaccinated people, per all available data. No vaccine has ever been 100% effective. Have you chosen to receive other vaccinations?

That's what the vaccines manufacturers and Yahoo news says.

There's different "brands" that have even been restricted and halted in some areas.

I'm happy to wait until they get better at it.

Maybe the winner will be the Sinovac formula they use in China.

f2cba35476b3b9c98d390d4e6cd3c13a.JPG

It's still unfolding.

I'll wait for the page to load prior to deciding.

I see, so unless you can be given 100% certainty that one shot will immunize you from all future variants of a virus for the rest of your life, you won't receive it?

I can wait another few months.

I was never a big fan of movie theaters and restaurants anyway.

Covid nightmare: Vaccine panic as NEW Brazil variant ‘alters itself to defeat antibodies’
Lucas noah 5 hours ago

Brazil is already struggling to cope with the virus, with almost 13 million cases and more than 330,000 deaths. The P.1 strain previously identified is estimated to be between 1.4 and 2.2 times more transmissible than the original virus.

There is already a P.2 variant, and preliminary research authored by scientists including those at Brazil’s Department of Virology suggests the virus is continuing to alter itself in Brazil, deleting sites on the spike protein which antibodies bind to in a development which would prevent vaccines from working.

“And viral variants in the future, potentially, will be even more problematic than the ones we have today.”​

Covid nightmare: Vaccine panic as NEW Brazil variant 'alters itself to defeat antibodies' - Times News Express

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
For sure it does.

It does? You are forever frozen in indecision about all things?

That's what the vaccines manufacturers and Yahoo news says.

As well as the actual virologists and other scientists who have actually studied it and published research on it.

There's different "brands" that have even been restricted and halted in some areas.

So far I've only heard about AstraZeneca being halted in people of a certain age range in Europe, out of an abundance of caution due to a handful of cases of side effects out of millions of doses administered.

I'm happy to wait until they get better at it.

What will "get better at it" look like? What's the threshold you're waiting to be crossed?

Covid nightmare: Vaccine panic as NEW Brazil variant ‘alters itself to defeat antibodies’
Lucas noah 5 hours ago

Brazil is already struggling to cope with the virus, with almost 13 million cases and more than 330,000 deaths. The P.1 strain previously identified is estimated to be between 1.4 and 2.2 times more transmissible than the original virus.

There is already a P.2 variant, and preliminary research authored by scientists including those at Brazil’s Department of Virology suggests the virus is continuing to alter itself in Brazil, deleting sites on the spike protein which antibodies bind to in a development which would prevent vaccines from working.

“And viral variants in the future, potentially, will be even more problematic than the ones we have today.”​
Covid nightmare: Vaccine panic as NEW Brazil variant 'alters itself to defeat antibodies' - Times News Express

This is possible with any virus. Viruses mutate. It's how they survive (along with all organisms). What does this have to do with whether you should get vaccinated? This is like someone being inside a burning building and instead of running to get out, they say, "But I've heard that people running out of burning buildings sometimes trip and fall and hurt themselves! One guy actually broke his leg trying to escape a burning building once!"

Vee

Premium Member

I decided not to take it for the time being. First of all, there are many other people who need it a lot more than me and haven't had it yet. And second, this vaccine is too recent for me to trust it. I want to know the side effects long term before I'll accept to take it. Since I'm fairly young and in very good health, I'm not in a rush.