• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Covid vaccine. Who took it, who didn't?

have you taken the covid vaccine and trust in it

• yes, I trust it

Votes: 26 68.4%
  • no, I don't trust it

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • undecided

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters

We Never Know

No Slack
The thought of returning to 'normal life' is not only lame because you could still spread it around.
Think about it, what is normal life anyway?
Right now normal is saying the old need help to survive the virus but the young will be fine.
However when I go to a 90 year old persons funeral i say they had a good life and when I go to a 10 year olds funeral I say their life never really started.

We Never Know

No Slack
I can somewhat understand the nonbelievers freaking out because for them this life is the only life they have.
Do you think that the religious really believe there is something after? If they do they certainly don't behave that way. I have seen them freaking out just as much as the nonbelievers.
Many think there is a heaven, an after.
My opinion on that is dead people don't talk so no one knows.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Right now normal is saying the old need help to survive the virus but the young will be fine.
However when I go to a 90 year old persons funeral i say they had a good life and when I go to a 10 year olds funeral I say their life never really started.
When I said normal I was referring to a lifestyle of eat drink and be merry for tomorrow you will die.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Many think there is a heaven, an after.
My opinion on that is dead people don't talk so no one knows.
I am just as sure that there is an afterlife as I am sure that there is this life.
I don't need dead people talking, I know mainly because of what my religion teaches although there is other evidence.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Death happens to everyone, at different times, for different reasons, its a natural happening. No one beats it.
What I found out from this virus is, with all my religious friends and non-religious friends is that my non-religious friends were more worried about dying than my religious friends. Some were freaking out and became borderline paranoid.
My opinion on that is while no one wants to die, the religious believe there is something after whereas the non-religious don't.
Yes, circle of life. But if it’s a preventable death (as in from a disease we can knowingly protect ourselves from) why embrace mortality when you don’t have to until later?
It’s like saying why bother curing the flu if it can kill you? Everyone dies!
Why bother giving a person anti venom when they get bitten by a snake/spider?
Everyone dies!
Screw medicine in general, everyone dies so why bother?
That we are naturally frightened of death is just a fact of humanity. Some might come to terms with it due to religious reasons. Not sure what that has to do with getting a vaccination to protect greater society????
I’m from a religious tradition that practically celebrates human mortality. To embrace it is to let go of the ego. That is a goal.
It doesn’t mean I’m not going to not get vaccines. That’s just silly imo

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
I imagine there is going to be hell to pay here. Between maskless springbreaker wankers and our own locals jumping the gun too soon it may get nasty. But we'll be having a recall election this year so I come hell or high waters I doubt we go into anymore lockdowns because Republicans have been crying and wanting it since the governor was elected, and now the state may pay the price.
We’ve had snap lockdowns, this restriction, that restriction etc
Right now you can get fined if you don’t have a mask in your car (you don’t have to wear one in the car though.)
Most people have seemingly been compliant though no one likes the restrictions. Hell I saw a lady get judged hard at the shops the other day because she was maskless, despite wearing a giant *** button declaring that she had a health condition and thus was exempt. Felt bad for her, honestly.
I’m kind of begging for a larger roll out for the vaccines at this point. Masks make me feel gross. I have a material face covering, it has the design of the Joker on it (hehe) Very soft nice material too. But I can’t wear that at work, it’d be unprofessional. Alas. Even though I feel much more comfortable wearing it than the other non medical cheap masks.
:(

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
We’ve had snap lockdowns, this restriction, that restriction etc
Right now you can get fined if you don’t have a mask in your car (you don’t have to wear one in the car though.)
Most people have seemingly been compliant though no one likes the restrictions. Hell I saw a lady get judged hard at the shops the other day because she was maskless, despite wearing a giant *** button declaring that she had a health condition and thus was exempt. Felt bad for her, honestly.
I’m kind of begging for a larger roll out for the vaccines at this point. Masks make me feel gross. I have a material face covering, it has the design of the Joker on it (hehe) Very soft nice material too. But I can’t wear that at work, it’d be unprofessional. Alas. Even though I feel much more comfortable wearing it than the other non medical cheap masks.
:(
Yeah. I can't wait for the masks to go. I get so much sweat and perspiration built up under it, it hurts the ears after awhile, amd for me processing verbal stuff isn't my strong point so I heavily rely on reading lips. But now I have to listen to muffled voices and have no lips to fill in the blanks.
And it's so weird, having moved to this town in the middle of this, so many people I've seen and interacted with but I've only seen their eyes.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah. I can't wait for the masks to go. I get so much sweat and perspiration built up under it, it hurts the ears after awhile, amd for me processing verbal stuff isn't my strong point so I heavily rely on reading lips. But now I have to listen to muffled voices and have no lips to fill in the blanks.
And it's so weird, having moved to this town in the middle of this, so many people I've seen and interacted with but I've only seen their eyes.
Bruh. Preach!!
I have this weird illogical reaction to sweat and other such phenomenon. I don’t know why but it makes me gag. At least with my cloth covering I can breathe. Worked Easter Saturday with a severe hangover. Oh god, that was rough lol

I swear as soon as I get used to wearing the masks the restrictions will lift lol. Happened every time so far

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I haven't took it yet. I'm leary of side effects that may come with a drug/ vaccine developed so quickly.
I put myself as undecided.
I am not in any hurry to get the jab because I do not trust that enough testing has been done. Certainly no long term studies have been possible.

My suspicion is that this corona virus is similar to the other corona viruses that infect people every year and that new strains will have to be treated with new vaccines to protect against them.....how many times will this virus mutate? Who knows? :shrug:

Will people ever become immune to the flu through vaccination? Apparently not, because a new jab is necessary every year.....we have had several new strains of Covid 19 already, and no one can tell us if the current vaccine will protect against these new and more deadly strains....until we get more information and testing done, I will hold off. Too late once that stuff enters your body.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/flu-vs-covid19.htm#:~:text=What is the difference between,by infection with influenza viruses.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Had my first jab, no side effects and it was the Astra Zeneca vaccine.
My Mum & Dad are having their second jab on Friday.

To me it is a no-brainer, if we are to beat this virus you need to do it.
Do you believe the medics and scientists or the conspiracy theory loons?

I get my second shot tomorrow. I trust it, and it feels great as I starting picking up my old life with confidence I am safe from covid's potentially devastating and fatal illness.

How does it work in the US?

Is it just a free for all or is there some order of priority?

I got the 1st shot of AZ yesterday. Now got 'flu like symptoms', but my sister and her husband had the same thing and they disappeared within 24h of appearing so hopefully mine will too.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I agree and I am also undecided but heavily leaning towards not getting it.
I am more leery of long-term effects than of short-term side effects.
I think you should be more worried about the long-term affects of getting the virus, and which can be very serious, given the statistics. And where the odd negative reaction to the vaccine is seemingly outweighed by the possible virus affects. If one is being rational, that is.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I got the 1st shot of AZ yesterday. Now got 'flu like symptoms', but my sister and her husband had the same thing and they disappeared within 24h of appearing so hopefully mine will too.
Yes that was exactly my experience with the 1st dose of the AZ vaccine too. I was about 95% back to normal after a day of mild flu, and 100% after 2 days. But I have had the same sort of thing with other travel vaccinations in the past, so I don't regard this as anything out of the ordinary.

I am prepared for the 2nd dose to lead to a somewhat stronger reaction, given that my immune system will be already primed by the 1st dose.