• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Covid vaccine. Who took it, who didn't?

have you taken the covid vaccine and trust in it

• yes, I trust it

Votes: 26 68.4%
  • no, I don't trust it

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • undecided

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Congrats!
Ta. Not a nice time to find out the bus usually going past the hospital has changed its route and left me half a mile away though. Still, had a nice chat with two others at the hospital while we waited to see if we all came out in a rash. :D

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Ta. Not a nice time to find out the bus usually going past the hospital has changed its route and left me half a mile away though. Still, had a nice chat with two others at the hospital while we waited to see if we all came out in a rash. :D
I am glad that went well and that you are now protected. I would not want you to die on me. :(
And who knows, with all these fine examples, I may decide to get the shot myself, but as with EVERYTHING in my life, the jury is still out. My life gives the world limbo a whole new meaning. ;) :(

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
We just got back from the pharmacy. Phyzer, first dose. Boss didn't faint, I didn't cry. The poker scored a 9/10 on technique. (I always give them a score, and lie ... makes 'em feel good.)

I haven't took it yet. I'm leary of side effects that may come with a drug/ vaccine developed so quickly.
I put myself as undecided.
I had mine (the single-shot variety) about 3 weeks ago.

At first, I had a wait-and-see perspective on it, but then our
workplace was offering it to us, and, since I kind of need to
have it in order to do my job, I went for it. And the one-and-
done approach was also a bonus, imo.

Do I think it's trustworthy? Time will tell. Time always tells. :rolleyes::D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I now have an appointment for next Wednesday
at a local Meijer store. It might even be the J&J.
Either way, it's just a couple miles away.
I gambled & won!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Did they cancel your appointment? As of today the US is calling to pause using J&J vaccine.

Johnson & Johnson Vaccine: Blood Clotting Cases Cause Calls for Pause in US
WASHINGTON — Federal health agencies on Tuesday called for an immediate pause in use of Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose coronavirus vaccine after six recipients in the United States developed a rare disorder involving blood clots within about two weeks of vaccination.

That's what I meant about what we won't know till later. ;)
It's always something rare, at first.
Sorry, no thanks, I will remain in hiding till the storm blows over.
After all, I am an introvert anyway.

We Never Know

No Slack
WASHINGTON — Federal health agencies on Tuesday called for an immediate pause in use of Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose coronavirus vaccine after six recipients in the United States developed a rare disorder involving blood clots within about two weeks of vaccination.

That's what I meant about what we won't know till later. ;)
It's always something rare, at first.
Sorry, no thanks, I will remain in hiding till the storm blows over.
After all, I am an introvert anyway.
The six recipient's were all women.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Six out of how many? I couldn't find that information. Six out of six is a tad different than 6 of a million.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I was offered the vaccine at work last week since the pharmacy had leftover doses. I declined along with my coworker. The pharmacy had leftover doses the last time I was there, too, so I reckon that the rate of vaccinations is slowing here a bit.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Got my first stick about 4 hours ago. No ill effects so far.

My shoulder doesn't even hurt as much as it did when I got the regular flu shot.