• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Covid the Killer

Bear Wild

Covid: Newport care nurse returned to work but nearly died

"It was on 19 April Mr Branagan woke up three hours before a shift with pins and needles down the right side of his body and a headache, prompting him to self-isolate.

His partner Angharad, had also contracted coronavirus, but only experienced mild symptoms.

Mr Branagan, however, was taken to Newport's Royal Gwent Hospital, and on 30 April was placed in a coma while in respiratory arrest.

He woke up on 2 June, and spent 34 of 45 days ventilated in intensive care. He suffered a cardiac arrest, contracted two types of pneumonia, had acute kidney failure, sepsis, a collapsed lung and blood clots, and lost five stone.

His memories are based only on what his partner has told him, but said: "I remember having vivid dreams, not very pleasant ones, they have stuck in my mind constantly.

"I then had to learn to walk, talk and eat again." "

This story is similar to what my wife and I are going through with this Virus as well. Please take it seriously people, even the young and healthy get seriously ill.

--- Covid-19 Positive, Viral Pneumonia, Sepsis, Acute Hypoxemic Respiratory Failure due to CoV, Respiratory Insufficiency.

And now that she is out of the hospital, and going to pull through. We are looking at her losing her job, and 3-6 months recovery, while she continues to need supplemental O2. Currently, 1 month after contracting covid, she still is unable to walk from the bedroom to the living room without becoming faint as if running a marathon.

Thanks Obama /s.

So good to hear she is home again. I think I mentioned I have lost 4 friends who are doctors who have died from Covid-19. That is still not the same as family. It takes time but even the most serious of cases I have taken care of have slowly improved. Let her know we are all wishing her well. It will get better with time. We are coming to the solstice/Christmas soon. Something for her to keep a positive outlook on which helps. Will give another offering to Hertha for her to get better soon. Thanks for the update and we all must respect this virus and do the right things. Let us know when she is feeling better.

Wandering Monk

So good to hear she is home again. I think I mentioned I have lost 4 friends who are doctors who have died from Covid-19. That is still not the same as family. It takes time but even the most serious of cases I have taken care of have slowly improved. Let her know we are all wishing her well. It will get better with time. We are coming to the solstice/Christmas soon. Something for her to keep a positive outlook on which helps. Will give another offering to Hertha for her to get better soon. Thanks for the update and we all must respect this virus and do the right things. Let us know when she is feeling better.

My niece's fiancé died from Covid. The day is approaching, if not already here, when everyone will know someone who died from Covid.